Stock overrated and will fall hard going into earnings. stock performance tells the tale. Bad stock price means bad stock PPS. Sell out now, everything. What a dog!
Originally the shorts would let the PPS go higher on small volume only to short down hard with high ASK prices to keep it in check. Now they short it with light volume and acquire heavily when they can. This Mayo clinic news should ramp up awareness. Gotta wonder how much CI may have known about this when he took over the debt?
And we are still down. Just sold out and moving on. MM are playing with the longs to hang around just long enough to screw them BIG at earnings again. They will now say wait until next quarter meanwhile they get fatter and fatter on our shares and patience. Going to keep playing the bidding war with Bridgestone and CIE.
That is so lame to block trading like that. The SEC will not do anything about it because technically it's not illegal. It's the reason behind the trade that's illegal.
there has to be a reason why larger firm longs aren't gobbling these shares up at the ASK no matter what they list for. First off they get them cheap, secondly they get to steal shares away from the shorts which hurts their position.
If anything it should be overbought and sell off like a pig after earnings. Not that it can't still, do that but come on already. Some one just can't get enough. Wonder if CRUS is buying back at these low levels. We'll get an update on that I guess in late Jan.
The people paying for the ads won't be the people benefitting from the increased sales so I guess you just got your answer, huh?? There is definitely something brewing as the volume is all but dried up and the stock price is stagnant for weeks now. Someone wants the price at $1 and it is. Now we just wait for the plan unveiling, whatever that may be.
And that means what? Just more worthless dribble trying to sway the market I guess.
1) There is a good chance that VVUS, as is, could have a quarter of positive earnings in 2016. This could happen without milestone payments, advertising of Stendra, and a weak obesity market. Imagine having good management. (A good chance doesn't pay the bills or make me money!)
2) Stendra is just as effective as Cialis and Viagra, but is faster acting and cheaper. (Old news that hasn't factored in more sales since inception)
3) Q is holding its own with decreased sales force resulting in significant savings by doing so. (Ok, give you that one!)
4) Carl Icahn owns Vivus debt. Since VVUS should remain solvent throughout 2016, and potentially start to turn profit in 2017, why would he wait for VVUS to go BK if it may never happen? Seems like a big gamble. (He didn't buy debt to let company collapse just to collect interest payment)
5) TWO FDA approved, competitive drugs. (A lot of people have FDA approved drugs and still have no sales. We need differentiating drugs, game changers, not competitive. That's status quo)
6) Everything is quiet, and there is obviously something going on behind the scenes that we cannot see. (Agreed)
7) If this stock were to go to $0.50 with positive EPS into next year and into 2017, it has to be the best buy of the year. (Will never go that low. Too many larger funds won't let that happen)
8) BK in the near-term could only happen if we had a huge loss in sales or the economy took a nose dive or a huge, unexpected expense. (CI won't let that happen, just doesn't make sense to allow an investment go BK. Degrades his ability to pick winners)
How long can one anticipate? Is their any time frame that CI has to abide by to make any sort of announcement about anything. What news are you specifically waiting for or expecting to hear, other than what everyone wants to hear that VVUS is for sale and bids for $20/share have been received.
Since it's trading in a really tight trading range for weeks now, they really went out on a limb with that call didn't they! I wouldn't call it news at all. Just a firm getting their name out their.
why the MM are keeping this a float above $1. If it drops below for too long and get delisted than uncle carl can sell his investment. he will keep buying shares between $1 and $1.05 to keep it actively trading but has no plans to let it get too much higher or lower. At least that's what uncle Carl told me at our X-ma s party over the weekend.
That's how they play the buy and sell game. One guys paints a negative picture and sends the stock down. The next week someone else refutes the first guy and causes the stock to rise. It's classic!