Head fake this morning up a nickel, no moves by shorts to cover, then a poor finish to down .12 on the day. It is more than frustrating, to have waited all this time as we approach the 4th quarter. And the market chooses it's weakest point of the last several years as we come into the months of highest anticipation by longs here.
Yes, when will they? Sellers are exhausted, where do they get 2 million shares sold today? Who is feeding this, would love to know!
3.5 hours into the session, 1.0M shares traded, down .03 now, IBB has broken support, the sector needs some help here for sure.
Our conditioning from how this has behaved in the past, as early as (was it Monday this week?) when we shot up to 2.65, would tend to make your assumption (of a head fake) correct. Somehow, I feel that this time it's different. Volume is 760,000 shares after 2.5 hours. Hmmm, to add last lot or not?
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Hi Ryman. Holding this one, recall that you were here before last moonshot, and now have free shares of half left? Looks like a solid bet IMHO. Are you buying more or just holding?
Lube, I added 5k shares at 2.57 this morning on a limit order. My new rule is not to add anymore unless it goes down at least .10 and only then if I'm feeling flush with confidence. The bottom picking in this stock is always difficult, hard to get it right.
Last buy I made was early Monday morning, limit order at 1.24 for 15,000 shares. It did go parabolic after and today is day 3. Seems a pullback is in order short term, but it is also in breakout mode, tough call!
Dr. Missing is too smart to initiate a R/S when the stock is breaking out. He doesn't need to be in a hurry to up list. By January we could be north of $5 per share organically, depending on what happens, and they have sufficient cash runway.
OK, point well taken. The overshoot close to $2.55 is in. How does this factor into your chart view? I'm posing the question because I think a lot of posters here are most likely interested in your view as a no-nonsense chart-view-kind-of-guy.
You called IDRA consolidating to the $2.80 level when most wouldn't accept that scenario. Great call! Yet in spite of this "call out" posted on this board, you accumulated 150,000 shares in the sideways range of 3.25-3.55, against your own advise. I appreciate your transparency but find your advise here too mercurial. I would give you higher credibility if you had followed your call and waited to buy IDRA IN TODAY's range. I join Welbie in his view that you needn't boast of your trades, this isn't a contest.
With today's support break of $2.60, the persistent consolidation extends it's runway a bit. Should IBB weakness persist, makes it harder to get anything positive going without substantive news from Company. Not ruling out going into a sideways trading pattern, until new catalysts are here, as Bulls accumulate when shorts throw shares at the bid. GLTAL
Will today be the day we see an intraday reversal and close green? My 2.57 order filled but I cut it in half, leaving one more lot of 5,000 for future accumulation in case it went lower.
We're closer to $3's than we are to $1's. Sounds like you are setting yourself up for a loss with FEAR as your master. Stop watching if you must and come back in February. Read posts by Ranger, Franky, Mgm2020, Amano, Welbie, and Eduardo to restore your balance and faith. This is normal stuff.
115,000 in AVXL, 70,000 @ .38, 20,000 @ .50, 25,000 @ 1.28, all unrealized gains. Did sell 10,000 to recover some early basis but went right back in, it was too early at $1.34 to take any off. Adding to both tomorrow, no margin ever again! 😎
Sentiment: Strong Buy
AVXL, and BCLI were my two winners today. In 3 short months of being in AVXL it has given me gains that have overwhelmed my paper losses in IDRA (3.15 basis). During this entire time I have continued adding to my IDRA position knowing that eventually my gains from Idera will be bountiful. BTW, I think AVXL is still at the early stages in its growth trajectory. It has more potential than anything I know of at this stage, if their data rollout continues strong.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Good luck PM. You have a lower basis than probably 99% of the rest of us, and there's a huge number of shareholders who've left their money here. I have traded twice for profits before this time when I got caught in the bear attack. Like some of the rest, I intend to hold on for the phase 3 results are in, and expect to do very well. I am down about .75 on my position, was too early to want to buy more when it got cut in half.