You and I both, but I am out now, having exited 2.01 to 2.04. I think Gil and Hardy convinced each other they could get earlier approval, then it started changing, they extended trial to be more robust, 4-5 sites, 150-200 patients, and now we have nearly two years to hear results. I can't bear the wait, look what's happened to the stock since Monday at 2.19. Today it will trade in the mid to low 1.80's. Shorts have this one in their grip, I won't suffer that kind of market risk. I bought precious metals yesterday, am up on that idea 10% already. Good luck, honestly, I believed, like Jason Kolbert said at the R&D Partnership Day, and I accumulated too early, too fast. Now the facts have changed.
Yes, likely, in 2018. There's a lot of risk between then and now, might as well stay out of this for another year and take my chances on buying lower. Looks what's happened to this stock even since Monday, my point exactly.
I must admit was very upset to see this stock behaving poorly and as pinstripe's posts surfaced on annual meeting, with mention of data readout in Q1 2018, that's where I had a disconnect between what Gil and Hardy had been saying in their R&D Partnership day video, and subsequent interviews and so forth. They clearly were overselling the Japan PMDA program's fast track aspects. As a result, I lost some serious money here, believing in them. One should come to the table with at least two years for any such investment, so I built too large of a position too fast with average price of 2.28 and chose not to risk the fluctuation which was only beginning. I sold at 2.01-2.04 and won't be trusting Gil and Company anymore.
I bought shares based on what was being sold to us as a very fast track pivotal trial and now we know what that looks like when they come back around the corner. When I look at the break in the charts and the delays out front, I sold all my shares for a loss because I know how this trades given time to bleed. Feels like betrayal to me.
We lost all the upside of the recent move, completely retraced to support area around 2.15. The charts look a bit oversold now though, and I see some sector strength coming in today with the XBI and IBB, we may benefit from a rally there. We've seen 2.19 already this morning only to be smacked right back down by the short cabal, or people who've decided they won't wait and are taking leave.
ojsmyth75, I agree there is more risk (chance for error) in having more facilities and med techs, but the longer study also gives the patients more time to recover their function to the point of excellent outcome, per Gil 'completely normal or minor hints of a deficit" as stated in his interview with Jason Kolbert (at the Alliance for Regen Medicine) in March.
Athersys's Senior Vice Pres Finance just picked up 57,674 shares - June 21, 2016
Athersys's Exec Vice Pres and CSO just picked up 131,593 shares - June 21, 2016
Athersys's President and COO just picked up 114,097 shares - June 21, 2016
Athersys's Chairman and CEO just picked up 202,253 shares - June 21, 2016
Athersys director was just granted 30,000 options - June 21, 2016
They had better report your positive results soon or we will have to bounce from even lower levels. This has gotten really ugly, my regrets to all who came here.
The larger trial actually reduces the risk as I recall Gil stating, they were in agreement for this reason, when Healios was wanting to go larger.
"Results may not be reported until early 2018" but I would imagine they might report based on the 90-day interim results, if deemed important. Remember, Hardy said PMDA would approve based on "safety and a "tendency" of effectiveness". There is the chance that patients responding early to treatment (in sufficient numbers) may be enough for them to approve early. Others here agree or disagree? We have the other trials ongoing, we can't languish until 2018.
What is it about your posting that attracts so many red thumbs? You are an optimist and maybe people think you pump too much. Shorts don't care what we post, maybe I'm wrong?
2166 for June 14 (14.67%) I wonder if this was in response to Teva dropping Meso CHF partnership. Meso was off 40%, ATHX off 2% or $0.05.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I'm well beyond the point of "just the return of my investment" and I'd go home happy. Not adding just holding and also went back to work. Very tough market, this (if I were to sell now) would be my highest percentage loss ever. I had three chances to take 15% gains and yet it was fleeting each time. We all saw those chances. Biospec smartly took his exit.
The irony is GALE is holding above $2.00 and everybody here was dumping on the risk holding GALE when the greater risk was holding MRNS. I settled for a nice profit on GALE and sadly am holding a 75% loss here. 2016 was the year of the biotech implosion.
A verdict in favor of Decn would be sealed and the Company would finance their expansion into world markets without diluting shareholders. Letting the cash go back to shareholders would be stupid, small cap bios struggle to have enough operating funds to attain profitability. This would be the windfall money bridging them to sustained profitability. Go KB, whack those SOB's!
Very difficult to know what to think, about any of these biotech stocks this year, very tough being right so far, and even then with enough shares to compensate the losses. I went back to work to get away from this action, which amounts to spending time either side of my basis with no real growth.
Let's say that people didn't put faith in what Gil says anymore, now though there is the confirmatory phase 2 at one year data, the ratification of the science by the Healios partnership, and you look at what Healios is doing, and whether or not you can trust in Hardy and his leadership,where they are going with Athersys. The story has grown beyond Gil at this point.