Is that why you just yesterday spent 70,000 buying shares of SYN, how is that different? Or do you selectively apply your advice because you are giving broad based advice in this thread to avoid biotech stocks because the correction is not over. When will it be over Pete, in time for you to make money on SYN?
The IBB corrected about the same so it was the general market set off by the Eva disappointment and now we're over it. Get your head back in the game, our CUR is going to make us a ton of money. Good luck.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Kyle, now we have to work on getting our attitude back in line, after the thrashing we've just had. CUR is up on the news, now pick yourself back up and let's get this going!
After a month of seeing the price cave in, now we can be restored. It is looking very strong today, and only yesterday I had the trading platform open to INO and saw it briefly touch 2.13, I was so in shock I didn't take any action. Didn't do any trades there, just watched, and saw it reverse back up to where Joseph Kim purchased at 2.25, we would find out later.
andre_y, so what's your opinion on yesterday's slingshot reversal late session, are we out of the woods with the biotech correction, and Nasdaq? IBB looks like it will reclaim its 200 dma today, and Nasdaq reversed off of it yesterday, within a few dollars anyway. You went to cash at the right time, good for you, but seems you are getting invested again here. Would appreciate your read on it, thanks.
So, you don't think the bio correction has fulfilled with the reversal of IBB yesterday? Today that ETF is regaining its 200 dma. I don't know FDA, could be we had the bio correction for now, and have put the storm behind us?
We were up AH .06, and tomorrow could be last time for sub-$3.00 shares IMHO. I added at 2.75 today, the only trade I made where the fill was lower than end of day settle price.
Yes, bottom is in IMHO, after the crazy slingshot reversal on high volume, look at 5-year chart. I added shares today at 2.75. Now holding 13,000 at 3.37. I think it will perform well going forward unless the Medac case goes against us, that is definitely a concern and holding value down IMHO.
Dan, was it on the PATH board where you used to post, or maybe just here, but I recall you. Anyway, good luck and I do believe if held for a year or so, we will see our money back and perhaps multiples of it. All in all, I do think it has a hard side effect of our health, the pounding of the uncertainty and days like today. I hope we see some good news soon, longs here deserve it.
Shirazi, The comparison you are making of DEPO to HZNP is both inaccurate and unfair. Let me explain. When HZNP announced their reverse merger with Vidara, the stock popped up $3.62 per share (from 14.68 to 18.30 (intra-day high) but closed that day at 16.02 for a 9% gain. The stock settled today at 12.29, so the difference in closing price then to now is $3.73 or just over 23% (not 40% as you say).
Both stocks today closed at 12.29. DEPO has as its all time closing high 15.13 and so today is 18.77 % off its high. DEPO and HZNP are both fair value now, both had very volatile trading action today, HZNP recovered nicely only being down 1.99% while DEPO still held onto a 5.6% loss, probably due to the article people here are mentioning.
The Vidara deal announcement provided an "irrational exuberance" factor that spiked the share price that day, but it is still a ways off and so the stock naturally deflated since. Once the accretive purchase is closed this summer, the stock will again rise to beyond the initial spike in share price, due to accetive earnings and lower tax base of the Horizon PLC company based in Ireland.
I hold shares in both companies, larger stake in HZNP, but decent stake in DEPO. Good luck!
It was and has been a nightmare. Three weeks ago would have been the time to cash out my account and go fishing, come back in late summer. All this turmoil and now with some good decisions, and probably the rest of the year, I can get it back to where it was. Good luck to all longs on this board, we deserve it.
Sure felt like a climax selling day, across all the names I hold. With IBB in green now and Nasdaq recovery, it will hopefully be the day we look back on and only up from here.
I got a fill at 2.75. I've added 30% to my position in this last week of downdraft. 3.26, 2.96, 2.75. That's going to be it for me...looking for recovery now, holding and praying this was the last of it. Nasdaq came within $3 of the 200 dma and reversed nicely, now at 4002, today was the capitulation day for long holders of biotech in my view. I didn't sell any but saw some enormous down moves, many have recovered to an impressive degree. IBB was down sharply and now only down 0.4% or less than a buck. Maybe today was it?
It went to withing 3 points of the 200 dma and reversed up at least for now. IBB, no idea where to call that one, it will do its own thing. Yesterday was the relief rally, clear to see that now. I took the opportunity to lighten my stake somewhat. Good luck people.
I agree, also holding HZNP but both are being trashed and it's difficult to know what the broad market is going to do, and what will happen to these good names should things deteriorate further. Retail investors have tougher time riding out the storm.
Added 1,000 shares at 2.75, now my average is 3.37 on 13,000 shares. We've dropped 44% since February 20th 4.75 to 2.75, read it and weep. Elmer and others here, hang in there, this is capitulation day!
What about the 200 dma at 3943, don't you think it could drop to that and hold? Why 3970? I agree we're teetering at a crucial level.
Soon? So many including me at 2.12 have thought we had reached support and it couldn't go any lower. That was 40 cents higher than now, feels like capitulation day here. I am not adding any more shares, with what I have if it ever recovers, that is enough. Good luck.
With the daily erosion of stock price, it's getting easier to say "sure, it will double!" Right now at 2.85, is a lot easier than when Tappy was calling out his double. I think the share price was 3.03 when you asked the question, from here (2.85) to year end 2014, I'd say we can hit 5.70. What a humbling experience to be invested in this company, or for that matter, trying as management does to produce shareholder value.