Further, we have a rising RSI at 45.2, slow stochastic bullish crossover of signal line, and exponential moving average will cross over tomorrow. Every one of these indicators points to a continuation of what we see on the chart the last 3 days. This time we will have the Small cap $RUT index also rising, at least that is what I see going forward. Today the big recovery in our indexes off the lows was after small caps went positive first, finishing up over 1%! If I'm correct, we will see leadership of small caps moving forward out of this correction. We'll see. Good luck!
Hundog, hope yer right, did you see $RUT go up 1% today? This could be the reversal of trend we've been waiting for. The correction in small caps has been through today 14.2%, and today's large cap percentage was 9.9% if you measure the intraday low today of 1820 from the July 1st high of 2020, that is 200 points. IBB was also up today, perhaps, perhaps?..we will see the $RUT trend change accompanied by a sector rotation back to biotechnology stocks? That would be amazing, since CUR is a reflection in the mirror of $RUT or IJR which is the iShares ETF for Small Caps. Look at it on a chart and overlay the CUR chart, they are absolutely a mirror of each other. We as a company have no prayer of diverging unless our management gets with it and through PR's they can translate value ahead of revenue generation and earnings. This stock isn't going to elevate much unless they can, or these ETFs and the Russell small cap reverse. Pray on it, all of you! It's real, look for yourself.
That has been a long time coming, thanks for bringing that up, could be a sign of new found stability for our stock. I am closing in on profitability at 2.21, can you believe it? I did take some shares off at a loss higher, but am still net positive on all my trades here. At one time I held 100,000 shares, glad I dodged that bullet!
Would agree with that, and further, with the indexes reversing intra-day session to the upside, it seems to indicate that we may have had a climactic end to the downside correction today. We touched 1820 on the S&P, that is 200 points lower than the 2020 high, 9.9%. Still a fragile idea and news and nervous keyboards will tell the tale of the tape as it unfolds.
"loko's post on SA struck a major blow in favor of the apprehension of that possibility." Can you state your point differently, this statement is confusing, thanks.
Really? I added 5,000 today on sale, now holding 15K at .49. I won't buy more than 20,000 shares, so if we see persisted low pricing, I may add another 5k shares. Good luck, not sure why I got a reddie!
The offering closed at 1.47 per share, and today we close a dime lower? And a penny lower AH, not likely significant I realize. Weak market day, but whole lot weaker early and quite positive how indexes improved into the close. On my screen most biotechs were up today, yet we closed at lows of day, this didn't add up, we otherwise have stayed stronger.
I guess that didn't matter since our markets opened drastically down today, October 15th. The key thing I take away from today's action is the huge reversal that took place in our indexes. $RUT closed up 1%, that is huge, considering how far down it was intra-day. Most biotech stocks had a great day, ACAD was up $3, yet SYN not only closed at its low of day, but was down another penny AH. Does anyone have any clue why this happened?
Teva's Copaxone is a subcutaneous-delivered drug and Trimesta is a pill. I have read other opinions that dismiss the likelihood of TEVA being interested in Syn's Trimesta formulation since the two aren't compatible (?) as one. I have no idea, I am not a scientist, maybe that argument is easily dismissed?
Fear is an awful thing, hope this doesn't materialize, and I doubt it will. I don't think going to cash now is a smart idea, I am staying invested.
From the bleachers your predictions are partly correct, 50/50 is good call. The second scenario of follow through on Monday/Tuesday was almost on target, today being Wednesday, and the lows were achieved (IMHO) without a neckline pause and right shoulder being formed. We touched 1820 today and experienced the single largest recovery from an oversold day since 2011. At the 1820 low we were 200 points below the all time high on the S&P of 2020, making this move a 9.9% correction. The small cap index rallied over 1% today mostly in the last half hour, and IDRA held strong and didn't crash as mentioned in your scenario, because buyers came in just under the $2.00 threshold and continued buying every day since. I say that is due to the PR's released and technicals being observed, fundamentals coming into focus for the people who invest in biotechs. The crossover of the exponential moving average will occur at 2.24 which could happen tomorrow, making the likelihood of a continued uptrend a higher percentage thing. Good luck longs.
I agree, it's been coming, looks like today was the turn. And, the accompanying transition along with your call, is the return to a rising trend for small caps ala $RUT, the Russell 2000 which has been in a sideways channel since March 1, while large caps continued to rally. Small caps retreated 14.25% since the high was put in on July 1. Today's low on the S&P was a 200 point dropo from the highs made in August at 2020, guess what...that is 9.9%. I think we've had our correction, it was evident today when we had an intra-day reversal on the indexes, and $RUT closed strongly up at over 1%!!! This is the best news we could hope for as a backdrop to Biotech investing. Now IDRA can power up on its own merits without the small cap index pulling it down. Shorties had better cover now, there is a steam roller coming down the street, time to return to the sewer boys!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Monday if you look at the depth of the sell off in the DJIA, the S&P and Nasdaq, the $RUT was comparatively down much less. Small caps and developmental biotech shares have been under pressure since March, but particularly since July 1st to now. Once the markets stabilize, it is my guess that small caps will lead the broad market higher, reversing ahead of large caps. Biotech got ahead of itself in 2013, and started shedding excess March 2014. Very beat up. Can't last IMHO.
Maybe utter disgust in response to a very illogical reaction? My reaction is to shut off my computer and take a walk, rather than stay and post. "Double Irish" I'm afraid was seized by the shorts and they bombed us with volume selling to run it as hard and deep as they could, and dammit, they got this round, but they won't get my shares! Next round coming soon will regain lost turf and then some. $14.00 is next focus, following nect earnings call.
DNDN has no final outcome, it is fighting for survival after recent bear raid and pennies under a dollar as I write this. Rallied 5cents today.
This happened to coincide with PR by Company today, something that had not happened in a long time, so it was plausible that the news caused broad spectrum awareness, bringing it to the attention of funds. Further, message boards were lit up by rumor, like Baker exercising their warrants and taking down another huge swath of shares. Glad I didn't buy into it, a good lesson, it happened to VICL the day before, and I did sell into it.
Wowser, that's a bunch of shares, it speaks volumes about your confidence is this working out. I have a measly 10,000 shares at .54 average, started with 2,000 at .70. I am also watching and waiting to decide which stock gets my next $10,000. Gr8 luk!
I give you permission to include me in that group (those of us who are fans and studied the stock) and further, you and many of us here have been storm tested after the July 28th exclusion announcement! I've been invested since March of 2013 and you have been a great source of information and opinions that resonate with me. I cease to be amazed at the range of this stock's volatility to news, this downdraft catches me by surprise. Who would have thought that within a month of our merger closing with Vidara, after decades of this type of merger, that Ireland would move to close a tax loophole? First we get the Congress and POTUS jumping on legislative actions to prevent inversion mergers, then this!
In Tim Walbert's remarks, he said he didn't think the changes would impact Horizon 'short term' but didn't elaborate on it. With some follow through in the sell off today, losing another .35, it seems the market isn't resting easy with this one as relates to HZNP. Is there a more detailed opinion that someone has on this subject?