Nice news on Friday afternoon. Would be nice to know how much higher they paid, was this from the offering you'd think? Here we are scooping shares at $1.00 less, gotta love that!
I like the way we only visited 2.58 briefly, and closed at 2.65. I also find that these early shots higher out of the opening usually end up being self fulfilling-- paints the picture of where this stock wants to go and given volume will get there and stay there.
Glad you're posting this in Mike's absence. Gave you a thumbs up, wondering why you got the reddies? May be cause you're pointing to possible support below? People who are exiting the stock are taking the risk that there could be an announcement as regards new acquisitions, or dropping of the DEPO bid. In either case we would stand to gain substantial dollars per share. I am always slow to lighten my position, but did so yesterday and added back lower today. If it goes lower again, I'm now in a better position to add to my position. I was able to take some long term gains off, from the last time HZNP went on fire sale, during the PMB exclusions episode last summer.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Interesting point, my AVXL paper profits are just larger than my paper losses in this name, with less than one fifth the capital invested. Having both and thinking of them in these terms makes holding IDRA easier. Glad we had a mid day turn in our IDRA shares, and a late day pop in the AVXL shares.
"Took some OSIR off" as did I! Love the company, reduced my position, wasn't going to ride it down given the big uncertainties of being fully invested now, in biotech. I've grown my position here as well, and yet am still holding my original amount of shares in AVXL. Good luck Prospern23, stay well.
Great to see you posting again, that you're still standing and posting this reminder is good for all longs to see. Many here including myself continue to add shares, but this time in the market seems more than summer doldrums. The risk on trade has abandoned a lot of biotechs, the strongest of them all have buckled in here. Do you see any catalysts in the next couple of months?
Hey Welbie, I've been in IDRA since March of 2014. I've been here and know this stock well. While I have shed many other positions I continue to hold this one probably for the same reasons you do, doesn't mean I like seeing the stock lose value day after day. I suppose you never grouse about your stocks losing value?
Shorts are definitely continuing to beat this down, the slow bleed. With news in Q4, by that time at this rate we'll be sub-$2. What's to stop it? Market headwinds are in full force, retail can't hold this up and if we are fighting the institutions to keep our shares as others have pointed out here, it's a rough road. I don't think we are going to get news in Q3 anymore, and if it's now Q4, it will be late in Q4 IMHO.
That equates to 32.53 per share, and today it is trading higher than hZNP stock, at 31.93. So it hurts us should TW drop the bid, since it would also drop the stock price. It adds another pressure point for him to continue his bid.
Since all this wrangling over DEPO started when TW went public in Horizon's hostile takeover bid, our stock has simultaneously lost $8 a share. Yahoo lists our outstanding shares as 159.2 million shares, is that accurate, what about fully diluted share count? If that is accurate, our market cap has dropped approximately $1.273B since we topped out. It's likely some or half of that $8 drop would have come anyway due to the weakness in biotech and the indexes, with IBB having corrected nearly 10% in the same time. Nevertheless, we are now feeling the pain of this mess and shareholders have a right to ask, is it really worth it? We may have months more of this, if taken to the end game?
Today's rally fizzled in TROV, but it did change the direction, I hold shares there. These are important signals a CEO or officer of the Company can send to shareholders, to at least strike the sense of solidarity and raise morale amongst the troops. From what I've read about Milano, he's unlikely to treat the symptoms since his culture is about bringing long term health to the Company. The stock action is the symptom, now. Nevertheless, I do think he should, he certainly can afford to do so.
My order filled at 2.68, only 500 more shares but this averages my 2.74 buy from yesterday down .03. Wish my whole position was 2.71, there was no danger of missing the train leaving the station here, better sometimes to be late than early.
Today all day there is an 800 share bid (arca) on level 2 @ 1.28 while the stock trades at 1.26 or 1.27. Now we're trading again flat and same bid. Was feeling like it was halted. 1,608,500 shares so far, 1:10 pm Eastern time, last trade at 1.28.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
That happened yesterday with the notice of allowance being issued by USPTO. This is posted to update this old thread.
Smart buy! That was a solemn day, as I recall, blood in the streets...as they say. I was able to buy shares yesterday in TROV before the insider purchases were announced, and there's been a nice rally since. Would be nice to see some insider buying here as well. I listened to the most recent investor presentation again last night and turned through the slides, it's very compelling, if others haven't watched it, it's on the Company website and highly recommended.
Also: the size of the grant, trial design, in mice? I think the value of this event was lost this week, it gives us another high profile disease target, the story keeps getting better and better!
I had to trim positions last week and sadly let SNTA go, but still hold it in my daughter's accounts. AVXL is hot, that was my front runner today, and bought more TROV this morning under $5.50 and some yesterday in 5.70's. It had a good day today. OSIR and HZNP are my juggernauts, both have come under pressure with this correction! We'll make it all back and then some, hopefully soon.
I did pick up 2,300 shares at average price of 5.79 this morning. Your credibility starts at minus 50 since you cloned your ID from a respected poster and refuse to acknowledge the wishes of other respectable posters here who have admonished you for doing so. Notice the red thumbs? If you were your own man or woman, you would clean up your act. There is something seriously amiss in your psyche for you to feel you must impersonate another poster here. Get it?
just $0.82 with HZNP at 32.48 and DEPO at 31.66 at market's close. During the volatility today, looking at the highs and lows of each, we got within .03! What is it going to take to being these two management teams to an agreement, if ever?
Lube, in level 2 there was a battle being waged between the longs and the shorts for 2.74 for the last 25 minutes. The shares being offered at 2.74 weren't being reduced by the buyers, as there was a constant 1-2,000 shares being offered. Every time it would trade at 2.74, the shorts would throw shares at the bid of 2.73 and take it right back down, saw it go to 2.72 a couple times, same with 2.75, then it closed at 2.73, but 96,344 shares went across right at the close at 2.74, with 1,000 share lot right behind it at 2.73. Longs win the .02 on the day. Was emblematic of the fighting match being fought daily in keeping the price contained for the accumulation going on. I picked up another 500 shares just for fun at 2.74.