Rachel is Merril Lynch analyst who has issued an $800 acquisition value on ICPT. The Saturday news is explosive and this stock should be able to get back over $400 this week!
Obviously, the early termination notice received earlier this week could be tied to a merger or announcement or partnership. See the below example from a few years ago. It basically cancels the waiting period and FTC has no sanction against the total acquisition of one company or the other.
Simmons Bedding Company ("Simmons" or the "Company"), a leading manufacturer of premium-branded bedding and an indirect subsidiary of Simmons Company, along with Ares Management LLC ("Ares") and Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan ("Teachers'"), today announced that each has received notice from the Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") granting early termination of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 ("HSR"). The notice relates to the potential acquisition of Simmons and all of its subsidiaries, as well as its parent Bedding Holdco Incorporated, by certain affiliates of Ares and Teachers' Private Capital, the private investment department of Teachers', which was announced on September 25, 2009 (the "Transaction"). With this notice from the FTC, all waiting periods under applicable antitrust and competition regulations in the U.S. and Canada have either terminated or expired and the parties have now satisfied one of the key conditions to consummating the Transaction.
Going to get a big jump north next week
the news over the weekend should boost shares back up to the highs where it should be
I agree, I even picked up a few hundred shares in AH at 264 and change, with acquisition value of at least $500, this is now the steal of the century IMO. Earnings season kicks off soon and they will be good and get the market rolling again. Shorts bailing will push markets even higher. Plus, I think we will hear something from the EASL on Monday that springs ICPT back up huge.
Just wanted to stop by and throw that out there. Isn't there some data news from the trials being presented between now and next week? Seems to me this could jump back up huge at any given moment. Any thoughts?
In the past, he always 100% of the time recommended failure for companies who's market cap was under 600 million, then all of a sudden he is boasting about a 17 million IPO start up? HAHAHA SEC investigate this clown please.....
That is funny too, because if it took MNKD 5 yrs to get where they are, it will be another 5 years before any other company makes it this far, and by that time Afrezza will be rocking!!!!!!!
While approval is not a given, it is just like the SA article states, the overwhelming panel recommendation gives it a very very high chance of approval. Anyone saying otherwise is lying. The market will begin to price approval into the shares soon. The stock is simply worth a lot more forward looking than it is trading for, and the markets always are forward looking.
every single day
I think we MNKD is going to get a nice run north of 10 pretty quick as the shares seem to be getting soaked up and into stronger hands. Shorty has a decision to make real fast.......
Also, if I am correct, the company would have 4 business days to report anything of material nature, so that would put us right on April 15th for the 4th day. We will see....If I were short, I would definitely be worried.....but these shorts have gotten overconfident and big headed, so it doesn't bother me to see them get vaporized.
I believe the FTC filing on April 7th confirms that something was in the works to be announced in conjunction with the April 15th will be allowed now to be released even though the FDA decision has been moved to July. Partnership or buyout.......the chirping I have been hearing is buyout. We will have to wait and see.
Several things can happen in an instance of a buyout, especially with a high short interest stock like MNKD. Say an offer is made at $30, usually the price will come up very close to the buyout price before the transaction if finalized. Shareholders will vote to accept or reject the offer. There are normally enough votes by those who have the majority holdings to make the decision without retail votes. However, I have seen stocks in the past with high short interests trade above the buyout price as the shorts have to cover. It is usually temporary and the price will settle back down to the buyout price after a few days. If MNKD were to reject the offer, there may be a counteroffer made, or maybe even at times a bidding war begin, if another company decides they want own MNKD, which could push the share price up higher. There are even cases where hostile bid takeovers can occur, but not likely here. Maybe a bidding war if Sanofi, Pfizer, or another big pharma company wants to prosper from MNKD drug and technology.
So, if you have stock, and the $30 buyout price was accepted, the market prices all bids for the stock at that price and all they shares are brought back in, either by the investor going in and selling it manually, or it is called in automatically by the final execution date. In either case, you will get the $30 per share give or take a few pennies. Like I said though, with high short interest stocks, there could be an opportunity for a few days while not yet finalized or approved, trading could result in prices higher than the buyout price and you can steal a few extra dollars from the shorts as they try to cut and run.
Hope this helps......and if anyone can add anything to help phil......please do.