Tue, Sep 30, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Insmed Incorporated Message Board

justarook04 203 posts  |  Last Activity: 18 minutes ago Member since: Apr 13, 2004
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Downgraded ECYT to Neutral from Buy but raised the PT to $8.40 from $7.90 - go figure!!

    Sentiment: Buy

  • So do we get last minute buyers or only sellers? With a PPS under $6.10, how can this not be a "buy" now?

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Brean cuts to hold from Buy

    by brian.196610 11 hours ago
    justarook04 justarook04 10 hours ago Flag

    This (Brean) supports what jk just posted on Analysts. Brean re-initiated their PT at $22 in mid-July. Much has happened since (all positive). They attended the call too. I believe they wanted firmer direction on EC1456 and did not get much to their disappointment. Maybe there is more behind this since ULTRA conservative CITI even went up 25% in their PT ($2 from $8 = $10). Wedbush and Cantor at least reiterated etc. In any event we are back to May 3rd (almost) with the market hanging its black cloud over this stock for now. Quite unbelievable.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Big Picture

    by jbaaaaa11 Sep 29, 2014 4:53 PM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 29, 2014 6:04 PM Flag

    Agree. They either need to partner (added cash) or just get bought out so a BIG boy can decide which road to take (my guess is EC1456). The Folate Receptor Target technology is a HUGE win for some company willing to pay what it is worth (could be a breakthrough process in treating many cancers). They have the pipeline too but this will take making the right decision (and a bit of cash). Maybe the Roche buyout "rumor" has legs? Doubt it.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    It's called "Punishing"

    by apfappa Sep 29, 2014 4:23 PM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 29, 2014 4:52 PM Flag

    I think the punishment in this case does not match the "crime" with what was reported. There have been many "positive" developments in the last 2 months yet, we almost stand right back in the high $6 range as if nothing has occurred. 2nd QTR showed an additional $47M in the coffer (thx MRK) and the market did nothing. Brean and Cantor both "initiated" coverage in the low $20's (where were those analysts today?). And the PH IIB results were quite positive with "only" EC145 while the BIG opportunity still awaits (EC1456). So, if today was a lot of covering by shorts and hedgies, so be it, BUT if this is really how the market currently values Endocyte, something is amiss. If tomorrow we see no reiterations or upgrades or initial coverage and the PPS still drops, then the market has spoken (with its middle finger at ECYT).

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    11 am came and went and we are still GREEN!

    by thecrowsnest8787 Sep 29, 2014 11:01 AM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 29, 2014 11:07 AM Flag

    not so fast, he was off by 4 minutes. Me thinks we have a hedge fund or MM (insider) amongst us. I can't believe this happened like it was planned. Congrats whoever predicted this but it makes absolutely no sense today!

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • So far the only financial analyst to do anything. It remains "neutral". From "U.S. Analyst Ratings".

    Sentiment: Buy

  • justarook04 justarook04 Sep 28, 2014 3:19 PM Flag

    prestroke, agree - pipeline (w/foliate receptor process) is quite strong. Also, if the below is even REMOTELY true, we shall see a run up beyond the news (this would be quite timely if true):

    "Roche To Confirm Interest In Endocyte (ECYT) As Barcelona Meetings Happen On Sunday (9/28) Predicts Sierra World Equity Review

    Latest Projections: Roche To Confirm Interest In Endocyte (ECYT) As Barcelona Meetings Happen On Sunday Predicts Sierra World Equity Review. Shares of ECYT finished marginally lower during Friday's session. Look for the official news, when it breaks remember you heard it here first!"

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Seriously, am i missing something ?

    by jk4763 Sep 28, 2014 2:45 PM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 28, 2014 2:55 PM Flag

    jk, go back to the SNSS board. You are not long here and you are wasting time and space with your comments. PLEASE. Why would anyone here be shorting this stock at $7 or less? I could see it at $9 a few weeks ago (with no news) but now?

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    You are wrong about huge gap up monday.

    by jk4763 Sep 28, 2014 9:42 AM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 28, 2014 9:48 AM Flag

    jk, Please explain your reasoning (have you been here more than 6 months?)? Were you around in late March and May 2nd?

    Sentiment: Buy

  • justarook04 justarook04 Sep 28, 2014 9:24 AM Flag

    Merck also was interested in the HEP C segment (buying IDIX for $3.85M) right after that separation. They have put their "funds" into other projects for now. They saw something in this process/drug 2 years ago to put up a $1B stake. It would be difficult to believe this whole "thing" is a bust (now.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • justarook04 justarook04 Sep 28, 2014 9:20 AM Flag

    Maybe $10 only if the CC doesn't emphasize what all this means now. The real key is the Analysts (and there are quite a few) and their reaction. Minimal analyst "comments" maybe back to $9. IF Baird ($8), Citigroup ($8), Piper Jaffray ($13.5) and RBS ($15) make any upgrades and up their PTs, we will move past $12. The fact that most of last week belonged to shorts (mm's) covering and keeping the PPS down in the low $7's all week despite Chardan, Cantor and Cowen optimism, this points to a spring upwards. Let's wait and see what the experts interpret. This stock (and pipeline) should no longer be significantly suppressed. All this IMHO

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Price target for Monday with new data

    by slavina13 Sep 27, 2014 10:29 AM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 27, 2014 12:31 PM Flag

    jb, valid points. As for the drug's validity and meaning we just read, Monday's CC should make that clearer and the Analysts that attend (IF they issue comments, reiterate or upgrades) will validate if 30% reduction in risk of death (or 30% improvement in survival) is significant (I think this is huge but maybe I am overreacting too). To me, Monday morning's CC is critical and how it is said and read (by the rest of us). One more thing, this is near the end of 3rd Qtr, Institutions that are here now will ONLY sell if the PPS gains enough to warrant some selling. Others, on the sidelines, may buy in now. Most important is the huge dark cloud of doubt Is slowly being lifted and Merck should be an OLD story by now.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Get out the party hats

    by vinman2228 Sep 27, 2014 11:35 AM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 27, 2014 12:14 PM Flag

    InvestorNAVA: IMO, the shorts were covering the last 4 days of last week because the PPS barely moved north of any substance since the "breaking news" announcement. THAT was the time to cover (again IMO). A 30% reduction in risk of death will not be discarded by the market. This has been a 5 month death march for Endocyte and a market cap of less than $350M (with over $200M in cash) equates to a phase I, one pipeline, decent result company. $500M MC is where this should be and possibly significantly higher. I am conservative and I still think $12 is possible (wanting much higher).

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Price target for Monday with new data

    by slavina13 Sep 27, 2014 10:29 AM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 27, 2014 10:50 AM Flag

    Lightdoesnotage, HOW does this gap down? If we had a run up to $9-$10 last week...maybe. This stock's PPS has been hammered for almost 5 months with little relief except for a few weeks ago. We have had 3 analysts upgrade or reiterate positive results and ZACKS (FWIW) has Endocyte as a strong buy. If we don't move up on this positive news, what on earth will it take?

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Price target for Monday with new data

    by slavina13 Sep 27, 2014 10:29 AM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 27, 2014 10:33 AM Flag

    There is an Endocyte CC on Monday 8:30am EST where we will hear more clarification AND Analysts will ask more questions etc. I believe IF we get a few upgrades (Baird, Citigroup, Jaffray???),that will move us towards double digits. I don't see a negative spin on this (yet) but I am not a "medical" expert in interpretation.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Ok, it is 10:07....no news....disappointing.

    by wiz3dfx Sep 27, 2014 10:08 AM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 27, 2014 10:21 AM Flag

    Conclusions

    Vintafolide in combination with docetaxel showed clinical meaningful improvement across all efficacy endpoints over single-agent docetaxel

    Best improvement was seen in the pre-defined adenocarcinoma patient subgroup with PFS HR 0.68 and OS HR 0.51

    Safety profile was manageable and expectedfrom the single-agent agents

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Ok, it is 10:07....no news....disappointing.

    by wiz3dfx Sep 27, 2014 10:08 AM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 27, 2014 10:19 AM Flag

    It is on the Endocyte website now (too)

    Sentiment: Buy

  • justarook04 by justarook04 Sep 26, 2014 9:20 AM Flag

    Just out. This is Pfizer's issue (manufacturing) but watch how the market punishes GLYC today (hope not). If the drug is not available to start Phase III and the source is not GLYC......does not seem right. Maybe this is why we never had a run up (if this was out there somewhere known there would be a delay)??? GLTA

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Volume medicore

    by jbaaaaa11 Sep 25, 2014 4:07 PM
    justarook04 justarook04 Sep 25, 2014 6:44 PM Flag

    jb, if you were not here for the end of March "highs" and the May 2nd CRASH, then the treatment of ECYT does not make much sense. The market punishes bad news (what is perceived as bad news) severely. All the Analysts were caught screaming BUY and the PPS went south (60% cut) as they stood watching like fools (as did the rest of us). Merck left later on. All that took time to be deciphered or "accepted" by the market and the financial analysts. Many have come back and new Analysts have begun covering ECYT again. This weekend's presentations is/are a big deal in support of Endocyte's pipeline and unique process (developed by Purdue University) IF results look positive as they did once before. If that occurs, the PPS should be about $12 reflecting belief and some forgiveness. Today's action sure seems to support some positive results )as 3 Analysts have thrown their hat into the ring this month). GLTA

    Sentiment: Buy

INSM
13.05-0.46(-3.40%)Sep 30 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.