Now it's going back down, but I'm glad to be out of my short position. (until it drops 10 points this week, then I'll be #$%$).
I am betting on the decline continuing next week. Wish I thought the same on Thursday afternoon. I sold my SPY puts that I picked up for 0.88 at 1.25 and today it closed at 3.0. Oooops!!!!
I'm holding my puts over the weekend. Looking at the chart it looks like this has some ways to go down before it becomes oversold. Add to that the overall market negativity and the fed meeting next week it should just accelerate that sell off.
But who knows, the market is really on the tipping point now. Could just as easily rocket up 300 points Monday.
I don't know a lot about charts, but from everything I know it doesn't look great for the stock in the short term. Don't be surprised if this things drops back 10% in the next several days.
Especially with the over market sentiment turning negative. It's not bearish, but it does seem that we are back to neutral than bull.
Nice! I was away from the computer today, so didn't want to touch this. But I did PUTS at Friday close and sold them at Monday close for like a 300% profit. Probably about the same you got today on the other direction.
Sentiment: Strong Sell
I was up almost 300% on my PUTS bought at like 3.30PM Friday. So I just had to close them out at close of market today. I may have left money on the table, but with the options expiring in a few days and the big profit, I wanted to close out.
Why didn't I buy more contacts!!! kicking myself
I bought some puts at close as well. It's a gamble though. Jumping in front of momentum can be great if you're right, but just as good of a chance of it continuing to keep drifting up.
That's why it's safer to buy puts. So if this crazy stuff happens, your loss, however painful, is limited.
I hate jumping in front of these things, but I just have a feeling there will be a small pull back before moving back up.
#$%$ I sold my puts to early and lost another 100% gain on top of my 100% gain, so I decided to go long and wait for a pop of 5-6 dollars and already got stopped out on my trade.
Looks like TWTR is going to stay in the 56-58 range for a while. Maybe until earnings in a couple weeks?
I sold my puts today and was going to buy some shares if it dropped back to 58.5, but never did. I think we'll see 65-66 again this week, but before the end of January it will be between 50-55. After earnings, most likely going to 40.