Well, glad you've had better success. I am not short term oriented, but after dropping 5% in a couple days, I didn't want to lose more. I got into NOV at his suggestion a couple years ago, and yes I bought in increments on the way down. A year later I had over 50k loss. I got out didn't want to lose more, and it did go down a lot more after I got out. but 2 years later its about back to even. So, what would you have done? Stay long and watch your loss go from 50K to 60K? 70K? 80K? or hold and hope it turns around? how the heck do you know?
it appeared at first it was just the single startup person messing around with an idea in his garage. Then he was able to go public and issue millions of shares. I don't know what he got from the IPO. But now it appears that he has science and engineering students at two major universities developing this for him in the R&D labs. When they hit the so called magic 1.5v, and lower the cost, what happens? surely the university gets credit and reimbursed somehow!
that's what i'm talking about, how would we know if they are recallable or not? with them being a public corporation, this info is public, but I don't know how to find their article of incorporation. I'll try googling and see what I can find.
You would think, after reading the latest story about the university of Iowa coming up with the low cost means process to make the solar cell, and the other stories that we have read, that HYSR is about to come out with a workable process that can change the world of renewable energy. You would also think some large company would buy them and their technology, now before someone else does. But what happens then? I have seen when a penny stock company gets bought up, the common shares are worthless, only holders of the preferred shares are paid. Have you seen the same? Also, this thing is now valued at over 11 1/2 million dollars!! Yes, 11.5 mil, (495,000,000 shares x $.0245/sh) and they make nothing! To jump to a measley $1/share would put this thing valued at 495 mil, or just under half a billion! Some people are posting about waking up to see this at $200?? That would put this company valued at over 100 billion dollars. So the $200/share aint happening. I'm wondering about the $1, again thats about 500 million. GE or some other big company could develop this product for a lot lower than that. Plus, if this does get bought out, what assurance do we have that common shares do not become worthless and only preferred get the increase?
Listening to Cramer again? I just don't understand...almost everyone calling in on his show says "Cramer! we love you! You have really helped us we watch your show all the time..." Heck, I've bought some of his recommendations when he said to, NOV, BAC, several others and now KR. I have lost big time on ALL OF THEM. Its called the cramer curse. I will never buy any recommendations he makes again. He should tell the truth, what HE really thinks is going to happen with the market, the u.s. economy, etc. But then I guess he wouldn't have a job then. I got in KR at 71. I aint gonna ride it down to the 50's. I hope it opens up even or slightly up tomorrow, and I will set a stop loss of 10 cents immediately.
In response to mrphil2 and a few others, i have spent my last 15 years working at smith international, then schlumberger afterthey bought smith, and now currently with baker hughes for over 2 years. This same time span i have made a lot of money investing only in nov, rig, wft, bhi, and slb. Yes i admit my recent purchase of rig on the 18th was a bit hasty, but it wasnt dividend driven, i had no idea when the ex date was until 2 days later. I bought because of the huge drop they had suffered, and the apparent turn around in crude and oil service stocks. 1 day after my buy is when credit suisse and citi came out with downgrade and said it could drop to $6. I merely posted asking for opinions, as i didnt feel like taking a loss of $12k should this drop from 18 to 6. I was asking what others thought about possibly shorting as it went down and rebuying layer at a lower price. I guess most are correct, a msg board is not a good place to discuss investing and get others serious opinions.
yeah, crud, i see that i missed it by one day, #$%$. I am down .75, and was looking forward to getting the .75 div to make up the loss. i am selling first thing monday and then selling short.
1) I bought 1000 shares @$17.75 during the day on the 18th, so was a shareholder when the 18th closed. I still hold as of closing today (20th). I see the ex div date is 18th? I also see the dividend is to be paid sometime in march at 75 cents per share. Do I get this .75 per share?
2) I dont follow rig closely, but have noticed the rapid price decline, and purchased it without reading about the ceo leaving, the chg in dividend from $3.00 to .80, the old age of its rigs, it losing business to competitors, the expected issuance of more shares to provide money for debt coming due, credit suise saying this will go to $6/share, etc etc etc. I dont think we'll see $6, but I think this company is in trouble. What is your opinion? YOu going to ride this thing down to $14? $12? $10? I'd like to think it has bottomed, but drilling cutbacks have only just begun, contracts are being cancelled, etc. Wouldnt it be more prudent to sell at a loss now and get it back by shorting?