Would they be likely to dump the recently hired sales force and use their own? That's where most of the costs will be for the next few years...........just wondering.
Getting to be quite a list........cost basis
MNTA @ 9.32
CELG @ 101.60
PRGO @ 105.36
MYL @ 44.69
ARWR @ 6.06
GILD @ 100.10
VNDA @ 8.68
non biotech.....CIEN @ 16.66
Good fortune hunting to all.............Kel
Mainly looking at the average estimates for fiscal year 2017 that ends on Oct. 31, 2017. EPS average estimate is for $1.67 vs the current year estimate of $1.32. Sales growth is predicted at 8.2%.
As of Jan. 31 they had cash of about $990 million (including LT investments) and debt of about $1.258 billion, some of it low cost convertible debt.
Still holding my ETJ in both accounts. I like it for a mid term holding. Sold CHI a few weeks ago for small gains.
Bought some CIEN (Ciena) today @ 16.66. Looks good (about 10 PE) based on next year's estimates. Near 52 week lows.
Yes, approval moves the company from speculation to reality. Now, investors will be watching cash burn more closely, how quickly sales ramp, etc. The market cap of $3.5 billion has a lot of expectations already built in. Just my opinion as a former holder and now just an observer.
I had DNDN too that day. Went from 7 into the 20's. Sold that day as |I had paid $4 a month earlier. But, Provenge was in great doubt regarding approval. N was pretty much a slam dunk, already priced in with the $3+ billion market cap.
Valeant and Perrigo combined would have way too much debt. Could deal with MYL, but the deal might have to be mostly for MYL stock. They have a fair amount of debt too, but nothing compared to VRX's $31 billion.
Kel................holding MYL and PRGO
June contract (front month) for crude is down 31 cents @ 45.61 as of about 10 minutes ago(delayed 10 mins).
Source......CME Group......could change much by morning of course.
Just skimmed thru the transcript. So many moving parts. Seems like GILD is willing to be aggressive with discounts / rebates, but will make sure that Doctors realize that their products are superior to Merck's and Abbvie's. Not just a commodity where price should be the only factor in the script decision.
GILD borrowed Billions of $$ last year to build up a warchest for acquisitions. They badly need to diversify their product line. And they need to acquire products that are already on the market, growing, and producing profits. Perhaps could do a few very small, bolt on type pipeline buys(like ARWR perhaps?)............but they need more revenues mostly and they need them soon.
If they borrowed all those billions of $$ to do buybacks, then the mngt of GILD truly are fools.
Just my opinions...............Kel
I'd say about $200 on the very low side. About $250 would be reasonable. Close to 20 X the EPS estimate of $13.
Must have been some other sellers (traitors?) today as the volume is over 1.5 million. Crucify them all. If I'm wrong, I can handle it. Been doing this a long time.
Might give me a chance to get back in. Would be good to have a strengthened balance sheet. On the other hand, if they don't do a secondary, that shows great confidence in their existing position. I could see them selling maybe 50 million shares if they do pull the trigger. Might as well make it worthwhile.
Just my opinion............Kel
Numbers I wrote down at the close on Dec. 31......
Kel...................holding AGQ (2 X long silver)
I agree........have had concerns with AAPL for a few years. How do you "replace" $200 billion of sales every year? At some point in time, you can't innovate new products that consumers "must have" at that continuous rate. The rule of LARGENESS has no immunity. JMHO....