You only lose money when you sell! Hang tough FAZ longs! $33k per share is coming again soon!!
Crash might very well be tomorrow!!
The technical's look GREAT for this stock!! I just put another $15k into this!!!
Thanks for all the great tips Fred!!
I surely have one of the lowest cost averages around now, been buying FAZ nearly since it came out and haven't stopped! When the market turns Lobster Red, just watch for FAZ to bounce back to all time highs of $33k+++
$100,000 per share is definitely reachable if the coming crash is anywhere near as bad as 2009!
Go FAZ woot woot!
That isn't news yet. It is just Icahn's OPTION to do so. Look for the report and resulting squeeze this week.
Don't forget the roughly other ~13 million short shares by various other shortsellers. Not sure if your post was intended for specifically an Ackman squeeze or a short squeeze in general.
I think Icahn knows this math and I think he is setting up for a VW style short squeeze of epic proportions. I think he has dreams of a mediated sale/cover of his shares to Ackman, after he can't find anywhere else to cover :)
We are coming off the lows of the day! They won't be touched again. Now is when the ELITE day traders swoop in to back up the FAZ truck and load up! Going to $40, then $50, then $30,000+ to hit all time highs again next week!
How soon are you thinking? I seriously think there is a very good chance this will happen next week. This could be another VW with share spiking way higher than the $75 buyout offered (for a while).
Let me be clear, long term I am long DDD but not right now... I think these next couple of weeks will be BRUTAL.
I would honestly throw technicals out on this one. There are big players playing here, this can explode up or down. I am solidly in the "up" camp on this one.
I think this is one of the few stocks where I can actually say that on. Any news event positive or negative can make this move past any relevant technicals. Lets not forget that an SEC investigation can bring this to $10.00 in a hurry. Or a short squeeze to $100. We don't know.
I hope you're wrong about that one Kevin, I would only make 1.4 million if that happens. I'm looking for a squeeze to the $450 level. $8 million is much more reasonable a figure.
Not true, FAZ is great for buying mainly call options. Just watch, tomorrow financials will be lobster red for certain. Black Thursday for sure!
Yeah I love that theory. It is incredibly possible. Although unlikely. But that is precisely what makes it a black swan.
I joke around on this board and support fred mui because I think its hilarious. But in reality, I am loading up the truck on FAZ put options, various expirations and strikes. I have done VERY well by doing this. But I am also worried about the black swan event. I don't like having so much of my money tied up in one sector and put options at that. To be very honest, most of my money has COME from FAZ put options. I simply haven't moved it out of them, just reinvested profits. Its coming to the point where I have to start diversifying my risk, but this reward just seems so great.
And the reason why I had an answer to that question is because I thought of a similar, although more realistic scenario - a healthy 10% pullback. What if that happens? Should I continue to invest in the style of puts on FAZ that I have been doing, but also get calls? Well, no, I decided that I am going to start investing a portion of my proceeds in FAS puts as insurance. I have yet to decide how much should go into FAS, what strikes, what expiration dates, etc.
Given the nature of pullbacks, they tend to be much quicker than the way the markets tend to gradually rise. That's why they're called crashes. So, I'm leaning towards a wealth preservation strategy specifically around FAS which involves put options, out of the money, and around a 1-3 month time frame.
It would be great so buy a 2 year leap and then just forget about it. But the most likely scenario is that the market will continue to rise, and then in 1 year's time, the strike would be so far out of the money it might not even be in the money once a crash does indeed occur. Possibly a rollover strategy is in order - Buy a 3 month X out of the money put, then with 2 months left to go, sell it, and buy another 3 month out of the money put at a strike price X amount out of the money as well.
Why not April expiration if you are so sure? haha :P
I actually think the explosion upwards will be violent. I am buying OTM calls on the monday of each week.