Well, we tested 22's today but go figure it tanked again. My limit order at 22.11 came close but never executed. Now we're clear down to what i paid for it 4 days ago 21.61! Only thing I can see is 1) MU profit taking after the consistent run up to date and waiting for employment numbers tomorrow. I sure haven't seen any negative news articles lately. Go figure. Guess I'll hold on and try again tomorrow with the same 22.11 order. Watch it closely. Been maddening getting close everyday but no enchilada! kg
Just looked at today's chart. My experience occurred between 10 - 11Am. I rode it all the way down trying to buy until it bottomed and then just as quick as it dropped it climbed. Never did make a trade on GM today! I'll be watching this GM from time to time to see if it repeats this but I think this was more a case of this just being a GREMLIN DAY for me. The gremlins were out sprinkling their little voodoo dust all over me and anything I touched, ha! kg
Seriously, I've been trading various stocks every day for the past few weeks and haven't experienced anything like I did this morning on GM! My limit orders might have had a chance to fill if placed at a few cents above my limit, like when it's trading 38.78, place the order to buy at 38.79. But even then the swings were so deep so fast, even then I question getting executed. Never seen anything like it. And on GM - go figure!
Well I still haven't bought yet. If I buy before close today will I be eligible for the dividend (yes, I know it's paid out at a later date)?
Can't seem to get over the 22 hump this morning. My latest order's sitting at 22.11. Don't see any news. How much profit taking is left in this thing before it has to move up, eh!
A buy just jumped from 38.78 to 38.84 in the bat of an eye. Been doing this for the past 20 minutes! My current order's sitting at 38.75. Won't buy for anything more today...
Everyone has slightly different objectives. Me, I actually need to show cap gains on my taxes this year (to write off inv interest expense carryover from last year). So, I'm buying n selling everyday. Better to get a bird in the hand than wait & hope. No matter how good the stock is, the global market's a scary place. Anything can happen in a NY (Shang Hai) minute!
Yeah, I meant 21.90. Now I've change my order to 22.11. Been sitting on this three days. I think it will move that high within the next hour and if not will unload somewhere above 22. That's my read this morning...
Thx folks. I learned something about the chip market. Counter intuitive from the original Topic description but now makes good sense. kg
still a little bit curious about "NAND flash suppliers plan to cut production in 1Q14". Why is MU stock currently and looking forward going gang busters if the market knows that MU plans to cut NAND production soon?
News release this Monday said: "Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 39 cents per share." That was Monday Dec 2nd. Then I went to the HD web site and it said owners as of Thursday Dec 5th. Which is it? If I buy today can I still get in on the Ex Div distribution? kg2931
I've been doing well and really enjoying the MU ride for past two weeks. Have no idea why MU has declined/stalled this morning. Been sitting on 3K shrs MU @ $22.61 since Monday's close. GTC to sell @ $22.09 last night, didn't even come close this morning. So still holding at $21.61 CB. After holding 3 days now won't sell for anything less than 25 to 30 cents. Hopefully today. Come on $22.91!
So what does this have to do with MU? MU produces chips. Are you saying MU plans to cut production?
ccchris, just joining you today. Sitting on 3K shrs MU @ $21.70 since Monday's close.
So, what does CNBC's mention of high call volume mean to MU's stock price declining/stalling today? I'm not a trader and know close to nothing about puts n calls... kg2931
I don't know how you "filed" and objection by phone. It's required to be written and technically supposed to be certified mail....
As I previously wrote, the directions to object are clearly spelled out in Savient's last letter mailed out to all Savient stock holders over a week ago. Rather than just verbally call the law office, I suggest you follow the instructions and send in a simple written objection, even an email will probably do - as long as you get receipt acknowledgement...
I have yet to officially file mine. I'm still collecting info. They have to receive it by Dec 9th. That's the deadline.
Oh, and don't count on a Savient Stock Holders Class Action getting filed in time to save us from this Bankruptcy Sale. I've personally heard NOTHING further from the legal firm I initially pursued this with. Could be dead or could be wait n see mode. Don't know. I do know that new interest will be sparked if Savient and the new acquiring co get away with murder. Watch n see...