If I were you, I'd be complementing myself right now for the good fortune of getting out before Brexit today. If I wasn't already invested up to my eyeballs in MU I'd be buying more right now after Brexit hammered it down today. It's a cinch it will resume going up to 15 and probably by end of next week.
not at all! A bunch of us learned a bunch about dividend trading... I'm still thinking about it Monday and will be watching this but I already bought 100 shrs of AMZN so cash pretty much spoken for... Stay tuned.
This IPO was way over priced, then Brexit hit the next day! Watch TWLO end up down over 50% by mid next week!
Let's have a voting pool. I vote TWLO trades at or less than $20 shr by Wednesday next week.
I know, domiciled in USA, right? So what. That's what's wrong with the American business model. Footprint everywhere but American shores - No taxes for the USA!
"Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 500 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn."
Please explain "400 mill interest 4.5 %" and what makes you think will go below "9" and in what timeframe?
I'm waiting to buy before Tuesday's 6/28 Ex-Div date...
Today the day of the Brexit crash Yahoo shows RBY trading at zero! Not up or down. While all gold investments are going through the roof! WHY????????????
Thank you to buybuy and cwn600 for a very good discussion surrounding sp and the ex-div date!
Of course now that Brexit has crashed the market, all bets are off on this tactic of buying CY to trade after the div. Now the sp aroiund the 28th will be too scary to take the gamble...
"Keep an ear out for guidance when they announce at months end."
I like it! Gonna take your advice. Looking to buy more but waiting to see what MU says next week. Also have Brexit to get through...
"couple quarters out"
I agree. I'm afraid the street is nervously pumping up MU in fear of next week's dismal 3Q 2016 earnings release. I'd like to buy some more but won't touch this with a ten foot until after the ER...
Yeah, either today before the close, tomorrow or Monday to get the dividend. However, I predict Brexit doesn't happen so the market will get a lift the rest of this week possibly carry into Monday. So, CY may not get any cheaper before the div...
Thanks folks. Not having traded dividend stocks before, I've never had the exact timing down. Now I do.
As I mentioned before, I'm looking to do this on CY. Now watch, the sp will grow too expensive between now & Ex-Div date and all bets are off. Good for Longsters, not safe for me...
thx! Now I know for sure. So, here's another question: If you buy n hold the stock prior to or during the Ex-Div date, hold, then but sell after but before the Div delivery date, do you still get the Div delivered as cash to your acct?
Wow, all the way from $12.50 to $15, when MU was $25 a year ago and $35 the year before that! Geeeee Cramer, be careful, don't be to bold, ha!
buybuy, thankyou for offering that up. You hit the nail on the head as far as what I was after on this topic. Yes, I am generally aware a stock sp drops after a did. However, I am not 100% confident sure the exact date it drops, whether it drops on Ex div date, the day after, on div deliverty date or the the day after that. You say "on Ex div date." Are you positive on that?
Meanwhile, the other compelling reason for considering this strategy on CY is because an 11 cent dividend drop could be made up in what trading day, or shortly there after, so the waiting period to get out and take the $500 div (riskless profit) will not be very long to wait (barring a crash).
China's injunction last month barring the sale of Iphone 6 & 6+ in Beijing. In a nut shell because one of China's smartphone startup co's stold Iphone design features, Apple filed patent infringment and now waiting on China to do something about it. The article goes on to say Chinesse co's are notorious for siding with Chinese co's over foreign co's on patent infringements. Also, that China is buying up foreign patents big time. Articles says, "Beijing's hostility towards foreign companies and investors ".
What does Apple and America say to China over this? I say if America's largest Co cannot be treated fairly in China, then drop kick China and bar them from doing any business with Apple and America! When is enough enough!? Wake up people, China's taking over everything!