c757, why don't you meet me someplace for a cup of coffee and pie? You name the place... kg
njersey, Join the club! My 20K shrs $92,800 cost basis is now worth $1400! After waiting 16 years I'm now down $91,400! I won't sell! The ship can sink to the bottom but Savient and the corrupt system run wild that allows this to happen will be dealing with me for an eternity from Hel-! kg
I believe Yahoo has an under the table agreement with Savient to screen for anything potentially legal suggesting litigation or challenge against Savient. Yahoo must be doing this under their site agreement policy. Serious SVNT(BTGC) stock holders may end up finding/using another medium to communicate going forward. Will watch and see how ineffective this message board becomes. kg
I mean even if Savient does any of the remedies that Kamp has suggested, which all I agree are good ideas and should/could happen, this process still has to start with the SEC issuing some kind of 180 days non-compliance letter which I assume is the same as what kamp refers to as a "delisting letter". Once Savient receives that, then according to the rules, it MUST FILE AN 8K WITHIN 4 DAYS. The only explanation I can come up with so far is 1) Savient hasn't rec'd a SEC letter yet or 2) my understanding of this SEC letter and the rule kamp has posted are wrong. If anyone has a clear understanding, please reply. (Yes, kamp that means you too - quit dodging this - you started it!). kg
MC, enough with the cheer leading! What does this reply of your have to do with the Topic? Can you add anything to this Topic re the SEC, Delisting letters and Savient requirements going forward? kg
kamp, I asked you to clarify yourself before this in another Topic but you ignored it. Now this new Topic skips right on a beat suggesting Savient's has possibly prevented the delisting, YET, you haven't answered how Savient might have gotten around having to have to file an "8K with the SEC". Possibly the answer to this is that Savient still hasn't rec'd a letter from the SEC yet informing them of missing the 180 days. Could be simply the Govt is late or backlog due Govt shutdown. Do you, or does anyone not agree, that once Savient receives this 'missing the 180 days letter from the SEC' that SVNT will have to issue a 8K withing 4 days? This seems to still be the question/issue on the table right now... kg
"Within four business days of the receipt of the delisting letter, the company must publicly announce the receipt of the letter by filing an 8-K with the SEC."
auber, this post is not yours to post. You have taken a post of mine word for word and re-posted it with your id as the author. The post isn't of much significance. So, why would you do this? You have been reported. kg2931
I doubt insurance co's are in the business or have the authority to turn down orphan drug patients just because the pharma co is struggling.... Nice try c757! kg
Yeah, but by when might it be pushed "up above $10/share"? I've been holding over 2 years just to get back to my cost basis $5.50! I don't see anything in the Communications sector driving phone stocks up significantly. During this same time period I've owned $50K of the Fidelity Communications Equipment Select Fund. Over the two years, it went down over 30 %, just like VG did, But unlike VG, it's since come back to almost BE for me (over 2 years!) This in a year that the average good fund is returning 20 - 30% YTD... kg
If Savient goes past the long term shareholders and does a R/S then a Shareholder Class Action announcement will follow shortly afterwards. The purpose of the Class Action will be to investigate/expose past and present executive career misdeeds, their careers, reputations and if there's any payout that will just be a bonus...
Yes, you're right, I haven't been paying attention to VG because it's been a lost cause for me the last two years. I glance at the SP once n a while, watch for news (like yesterday) and try not to get my hopes up getting my $5.50 Shr $50K back anytime soon. I have many other bigger fish to fry and problem children investments than this. I don't spend all my days glued to a PC for a living like a lot of you either. Enough of the scolding. You've made your points.
Gee thx Professor, ha! I confess, and I've shared this before on this msg bd, that I haven't paid attention to this investment much. That much you're right on, but nothing else. Get this straight pac, I'm not a VG basher or Short, etc. I just want this thing to grow to $5.50, get out and then stick to investments I know and want to know something about.
Oh, and I am "good people"...
thx pmk, welcome aboard to VG. I've been stuck here at $5.50 for two years. Wish me luck. How much do you want for the bridge? kg
thx jake! What you've explained gives me great relief! Yes, you can call me a dummy for having tried trading this few years ago and getting stuck - wrong stock at the wrong time. I guess I was wrong but I thought VG was already in the small Bus space, not just residential... hmm! kg
saunders, please elaborate explain further what you mean. Not following what you've written in connection the the thread we were on... kg
saunders, I'm probably missing something so correct me if I'm wrong but, following your reasoning SVNT already complied with the 4 day 8K back when they first rec'd the first def notice. Read the rule again and follow the logic out. My question for someone here is does the SEC issue another def notice now that SVNT's missed the 180 day? If not, then that explains why we haven't seen one. If Yes they do, then the SEC is just late and when they issue it, then SVNT will have 4 D to issue an 8K announcement...
Kampa, what was your purpose for posting the rule? Do you or anyone here know for sure how this works? kg
Yes, I also think SVNT will get another 180. I'm not too concerned. Just reacting to kampa's msg and wanting to learn/stay on top of the SEC process - whatever it is in this regard... kg
kampaa's recent msg (above) providing the SEC text suggested to me that the SEC would send a def notice whenever not in compliance. We've missed the 180 days, we're not compliant again, thus, another def notice? I don't know! Why do you think kampa posted this? kg