Wed, Aug 20, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited Message Board

kg2931 95 posts  |  Last Activity: 8 hours ago Member since: Jan 3, 1999
  • kg2931 kg2931 Jun 16, 2014 1:37 PM Flag

    I don't understand any of this but thx! If the Options suggest the downside is no less than $29, then I'm comfortable holding staying long at least into Friday. Nail biting for me starts about noon Thursday... kg

  • kg2931 kg2931 Jun 16, 2014 1:14 PM Flag

    So what is the downside potential for this week before earnings? We made it to $32 this morning even with Iraq. Something's pretty compelling... kg

  • Reply to

    Bid $32.05

    by highlowsel Jun 16, 2014 10:09 AM
    kg2931 kg2931 Jun 16, 2014 1:09 PM Flag

    Although I've never done Options and scared to get into it, I might consider it too. Like Codi says MU has a history of dropping after earnings. Actually, last Qtr It was dead money going into the earnings release but I think that had more to do with the overall market in a funk/undecided. Now that the market's out of the funk, we may see a completely different SP before & after earnings. Therefore, I'm inclined, like Cody, to just ride it out but will be watching this everyday much closer than I normally do. Any drop from here of a dollar or more and I'm out.

    kg2931 (Long MU 4K Shrs @ $24.92 (CB $99,680) held since 3/05/2014)

  • I was worried all day Sunday that the whole market would tank this morning due to Iraq. Now Monday, both the DOW and NAS are down but MU took a pleasantly surprising jump up to $32 this morning.

    This news article just came out about three hours ago. After MU rose above $32 this morning it's since dropped back down significantly. I am wondering if this is because of this news article this morning on SanDisk buying Fusion? It came out about three hours ago. I haven't even read the article, came straight here because MU's drop from $32 started about the same time. Thoughts/Opinions?


  • kg2931 kg2931 Jun 14, 2014 2:52 PM Flag

    I agree Iraq is serious right now. The oil is a key interest to the world oil market, not just USA. And the blood we shed over there has a huge psychological affect on what we do.

    However, notice yesterday Friday 6/13 the overall market (NAS & DOW) closed up. And MU closed up too. Hope I'm not wrong but think MU will at least be stable if not climb into Wed & Thurs. Fri Opts expiration and weekend fears may see MU stop it's climb. Anybody's guess next week before earnings release on the 23rd. Rumor on the street seems to be this Qtr won't be great but guidance will be. I predict a drop following earnings with profit taking, then will resume climbing again on the guidance. That's what I'm banking on for now.

    kg2931 (Long MU 4K Shrs @ $24.92 (CB $99,680) held since 3/05/2014)

  • kg2931 kg2931 Jun 14, 2014 12:54 PM Flag

    Thanks much to all of you replying with advice. My nervousness just started last night after reading recent news releases (think it was SA article) expecting earnings this Qtr to be less than good but guidance for next Qtr great. Sorry, I'd have to bounce out of this note to find it but it just came out today. If less than good then the SP might tank short term and I don't want to sit waiting long enough for the rise again. Rather cash out now and then re-enter after the drop. kg

  • Getting a bit nervous. I bought and still hold 4K MU at $24.92 back in March. Sitting on a nice profit right now which I could really use to pay off some house repairs (and did I say I'm on margin!). I will have to sell within at least a few more months. I'm paying about $500 a month on margin in interest! Was biting my finger nails all morning not pulling the sell trigger $31. But I think MU has more room to run between now and earnings release June 23rd. The several thousand dollar question is: will MU continue rising into earnings and what is it likely to do the week after earnings?

    Last qtr I didn't sell as it was disappointing to see MU sp drop and then play dead money clear up to earnings release (despite positive news releases). However, I am thinking MU's sp action was back then was more a factor of the overall market being dead or undecided. Now that the market seems to be cooperating perhaps the MU sp will behave more true with all the positives we're seeing in the news.

    Advice/Opinions appreciated. Should one in my position consider selling before or the week after earnings?

    kg2931 (Long MU 4K Shrs @ $24.92 (CB $99,680) held since 3/05/2014)

  • Reply to

    Two Weeks to Earnings

    by quorum007 Jun 8, 2014 11:32 PM
    kg2931 kg2931 Jun 11, 2014 1:31 PM Flag

    Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $31 today and I'm loving it! Bank raises to a Buy with target to $40!

    Now, I wonder how this is going to play out going into earnings on the 23rd? Will MU be held down or rise?



  • Reply to


    by Jun 9, 2014 10:47 AM
    kg2931 kg2931 Jun 10, 2014 12:27 PM Flag

    Hi codi,

    I'm still holding at $24.92, loving it but now it's getting down to do or die time with earnings coming on the 23rd. I'm still on margin so can't ride this much longer. I'd take an even $30 but want to leave room for any run up on good earnings. Nervous though. Going into the last two earnings was disappointing not to mention a nail biter. I'm thinking this will see 30 this week but then hover there maybe even retrench closer we get to the 23rd. Your thoughts appreciated. kg

  • Reply to

    Two Weeks to Earnings

    by quorum007 Jun 8, 2014 11:32 PM
    kg2931 kg2931 Jun 9, 2014 12:57 PM Flag

    I hope you're right. I'm still holding 4K shrs long at $24.92. However, last qtr the MU did NOT rise into earnings despite all the media hype. So, I don't count on much of a run up. Hope I'm wrong! kg

  • Reply to

    Why is MU down when the market is up

    by rmbs300 Jun 9, 2014 11:42 AM
    kg2931 kg2931 Jun 9, 2014 12:54 PM Flag

    Are you talking about earnings which is two weeks off Monday June 23rd?

    Still no reason for MU being down today when the market's up.

    Maybe profit taking?


  • Reply to

    Pete Najarian just said going to $35.

    by baxterjames120 Jun 5, 2014 12:19 PM
    kg2931 kg2931 Jun 6, 2014 12:43 PM Flag

    By when though? Did he say? kg

  • Reply to

    This has gone from funny to annoying

    by bobforaps May 30, 2014 5:17 PM
    kg2931 kg2931 Jun 2, 2014 1:50 PM Flag

    Since I started in Nov I've made $13K on MU and if I sell now another $16K! Not bad for a novice in 6 months! The real challenge will be whether to sell when we hit $30 or let it ride. $30 will be $20G for me! Opinions welcome! kg

  • Reply to

    MU: Do I Hear $28.50, $29, $29.50???????????????

    by kg2931 May 27, 2014 3:40 PM
    kg2931 kg2931 May 28, 2014 12:37 PM Flag

    Now today at 28.60. Will continue holding into the 29's. Looking to pay off a new roof bill with the proceeds. Wish me luck! kg

  • Still holding Long and on Margin. Come on baby, come to papa!

    kg2931 (Long MU 4K Shrs @ $24.92 (CB $99,680) held since 3/05/2014)

22.725-0.171(-0.75%)Aug 20 3:59 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.