Up but on dismal volume and it is in serious downtrend -- SO......what next. DROP next week Monday?. looks like that bid at $17 may be just a bit high. Lowering to $15. We go to strong buy at $14.
"Why should they have any urgency" Everyone knows that, Chinese and other potential JV partners also know that. Once a deal is entered into the train has left the station for city and state of Co. I expect that train to leave the station before the end of this year. Permitting process seems to be on track. JV or sale deal probably better for USEG than messing with the low ball offers from the politicos. The mine is going to happen unless those that think there is no rush realize there should be a rush. Imagine the smile on Keiths face if a JV is announced while others are confident of a squeeze. Still might be a large Chinese influence in the Rocky Mountain High in a year or so.
Looks like USEG had a strong close. Closed at the high of the day on decent volume. Can't say the same for your favorite (down 3.35%). I considered buying some of your favorite but something looks to be wrong with it. Quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck - well you know the rest! I got a buy order in for it at $17. Sure hope I'm not overpaying when they fill it.
Thanks Ed et al. Once would have been plenty. You trying to tell me I need to read it all? LOL You don't need any help to make me feel stupid. My wife does a good job of that.
Can someone tell me what the the 200K land acquisition last year in the vicinity of Mt. Emmons was for? I read about it in one of their SEC reports and didn't know if that was a positive or a negative. I assume it fit in with their mine plan of operations but I don't recall seeing it discussed anywhere.
"Love one day to see the Chinese buy the property"
You may very well get to see that in 2015. Maybe even late 2014. The Chinese know they are holding a LOT of US dept and the dollar is at risk sooner or later for devaluation. The damage from the presses is already done. The question is just when do the chickens come home to roost. They are actively buying as many real estate and commodity assets as they can with US $ while they are still fully valued. By as much as you can leveraged with credit in the US and even if the $ is devalued - your debt for those assets is in US $ and you pay them off using those US $ bonds the US has stuck you with. You may have noticed a lot of middle eastern types doing a lot of shopping in the US also. Too bad that USEG can't just be had in total for a nice price but I've heard the family won't let it go!
Does anyone here have any experience that might provide some insight as to approximately when USEG might see the Environmental Impact Study (EIS) from the USFS so we can get the public review and comments? If I understand it correctly that is the next major event toward permitting the mine. Once they get a favorable record of decision - the price of poker goes way up!
Well I picked up a few of the Feb. 2.50 calls. Sure hope you are right about "no resistance until $6". That would be very pleasing to me. Do you think we can get there by the end of Jan? ;-)
Stock is acting strong. I may have to move my bid up a little bit. I won't take the chance that it gets back to $3.50. An operational update might be the catalyst to get us over $4.