I touched on this on another thread, but last night after the good news broke in the AH, it traded between $3.60-$4 between 4pm and 8pm. Why would it be worth any more today than last night, post-news? $4.09 sounds a tad high, but at least is in the same neighborhood.
Keep in mind, that the fact remains that the stock is still filing for bankruptcy sometime during the 1st quarter of '14 (which technically begins in 13 days). This news broke just after 4pm last night, and the highest it got to in the AH was $4, and then stablized in the $3.65-$3.75 range till the 8pm close. So this news was already out there---no new impetus (today) to explain it's rise to the upper $4's, which is why it came back down.
USEC Inc. (USU)-NYSE Follow
8.61 0.09(1.06%) 4:00PM EST|After Hours : 9.00 0.39 (4.53%) 4:03PM EST
Wow--thanks!!!! These are the milestones we have been waiting months for. The only reason it came back down was because there were doubters. This will give it a huge pop today!!!
Wow--I used to subscribe to Briefing, before the cost got to rich for me. This could be big as they are as legitimate as you can get---strictly reports what they are hearing or reports news upon release--no hype and no agenda (doesn't hold any positions). Please keep us posted--it might be worth picking up some more after this pullback (not much risk here if it doesn't happen--maybe .40 of downside here short-term if it doesn't materialize (and I mean very short-term), but it'll definitely be back near $11 like last week soon regardless).
Didn't see any news, so is this simply a short squeeze?
Wow, just read the news---you weren't kidding! This thing gets squeezed a couple times a week---the last time there was minor news (about a week ago), it went up 4 points. IMO this will be more than that---that was a lot of funding! I could see it gapping up and then a major squeeze will kick in. I hesitate to make any predictions on the total gain as the float is so low---when it went to $29 this summer I think that run-up only took 2 or 3 days.
Am I better off just selling the position online today or calling the broker and buying the shares? I have TD Ameritrade (so I guess it could be too late to do the latter anyway). I don't actually have the necessary funds in my account, so potentially could sell some postions and then have funds in my margin account.
Smitty---now you see why I was hesitant to buy at $8. Still haven't bought yet---might buy today at some point though, once it bottoms.
okay thanks. Not in yet, a little nervous about entering at this level. If we get a little pullback possibly though today.
Funny you mention $19. Exactly 2 calls (quarters) ago it was trading at $19 heading into earnings (May 9th). Might be tough to get there tomorrow, but wouldn't shock me if we got a 3-4 point day on these great numbers and guidance.
I would think the big order is a bigger positive than the article, no? Seems very versold here--or am I crazy? Could this just be the usual market hedge fund manipulators?
I know it was trading in the $18-$19 range for most the day yesterday. What prompted this gigantic selloff today---something they said on the call? Or was it the SA article that came out yesterday? (that might have come out before the close however, although possibly people hadn't read it yet?)
What you have to remember is that the stock was up about $4 at 9:15am, at the time the futures were up. It turned into one of the biggest bloodbaths of the year, particularly for the Naz stocks. The selloff had nothing to do with the company itself. To be up $1.50 on this horrific market day is still a huge, huge, day. What will happen now is that you'll see the market bounce tomorrow, at which time UNXL will really pop 2-3 more points. I do expect some short-term resistance in the $20 area.
Nah---it's been consolidating most of the day (since about 10 this morning). One of the nicest looking flags I have ever seen on the intraday chart. All the sellers are out, and all the long profit-takers are out. This is new money coming in now.