hrere's some proxy Info:
November 18, 2013
To the Stockholders of AsiaInfo-Linkage, Inc.:
You are cordially invited to attend a special meeting of stockholders of AsiaInfo-Linkage, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company,” “we,” “us” or “our”) to be held at 3:00 p.m., Beijing time, on December 19, 2013, at 4th Floor, Zhongdian Information Tower, 6 Zhongguancun South Street, Haidian District, Beijing, People’s Republic of China.
At the special meeting, you will be asked to consider and vote upon a proposal to adopt the Agreement and Plan of Merger, dated as of May 12, 2013 (as it may be amended from time to time, the “merger agreement”), among the Company, Skipper Limited, a Cayman Islands exempted company with limited liability (“Parent”), and Skipper Acquisition Corporation, a Delaware corporation and a wholly owned subsidiary of Parent (“Merger Sub”).
Under the terms of the merger agreement, Merger Sub will be merged with and into the Company (the “merger”), with the Company surviving the merger as a wholly owned subsidiary of Parent. At the effective time of the merger, Parent will be beneficially owned by Skipper Holdings Limited, a corporation formed under the laws of the Cayman Islands and the sole shareholder of Parent (“Holdco”).
If the merger is completed, each share of Company common stock issued and outstanding immediately prior to the effective time of the merger, other than the excluded shares and the dissenting shares, will be converted into the right to receive US$12.00 in cash, without interest. We refer to this amount as the “merger consideration.” An “excluded share” is a share of Company common stock held (i) in the treasury of the Company or (ii) by Parent or any direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Parent (including Merger Sub) immediately prior to the time at which the merger becomes effective, including each share of Company common stock to be contributed to Parent by the Rollover Stockholders
I'm sitting on my hands wating for a market correction around 1st qtr next yr or once the full ruling for or against ctb is out. worst case me thinks this dips below 20 then I may buy more.
really? you think Cooper should ask Apollo to waive the break- up fee and walk away with nothing because of their (Apollo) Incompetence? If they want to walk, Pay the break up fee and step away deal over- oh wait! they dont have enough money to pay the break up fee. What happens when your bluff gets called at Vegas?
Cooper has stated that they would consider lowering the bid. Even if they said 32.00,and Apollo accepts it, the board has to put it up for shareholder vote and meet with the unions, Its still going to be Very doubtful that China accepts. I doubt that cooper could even pull it off within 90 days and the 12/31 deadline.
Delay till year end, Apollo walks away Clean.
The worst for Apollo is they pay the break up fee - maybe better than buying a disfunctional company with unions in control in one country and on strike in another. be prepared, this stock going to trade lower than where it was before the offer came in.
I read if Apollo can delay until 12/31 they wont have to pay break up fee. That's why Copper wants arbitration Regarding other offers, If Cooper says bid may be negotiated down, anybody who's interested wont pay more than 35.00.
With the labor issues any other offer will probably be less. who really wants a company where unions backed by a judge, can block any potential sell or merger.
Looks like this deal is dead. from what I read if Apollo can delay until 12/31 they wont have to pay break up fee. That's why Copper wants arbitration now. Regarding other offers, anybody who's interested wont pay more than 35.00. the board already approved that deal showing they are willing to take 35. With the labor issues any other offer will probably be less, much less. who really wants a company where unions backed by a judge, can block any potential sell or merger.
guess I may have to make this a Lt hold.
Picked up some shares in extended trading at 25.95. me think I just grabbed a falling knife.
probably open down even more on monday. Insiders may know that the deal is dead.
mutual and hedge funds are unwinding positions now. why take the risk. the longer the bashing goes at some point it will affect revenues. which will affect the stock price
Can someone speculate about how much a trader would make if he sold those same contracts at the low today and post here?