Yes unlike me you are very good at trading. At this price level I am a buy and hold and will most likely hold until it is close to 7 then maybe sell a little and wait until close to 10 then a little more Thats the way I think now that hecla has so much reserves and gold and is so darn cheap.
I rationalize this by how much paper is being produced every day.
For example even after reducing the taper to 55 billion per month the fed is printing 1,800 million per day or enough to buy hecla every 18 hours. Since hecla is the largest silver producer in US and significant godl producer I firmly believe the rest of the market will realize this is a great opportunity to invest in at this level...
I am willing to ride out any gold and silver drops between now and then...
I think the market rally is over because the stock market is hugely overpriced at this point and the:
1. coke had a 4% revenue drop but stock ent up 4%
2. Intel had 1% revenue growth
3. dupont had a 3% drop in revenues and earnings from last year but stock is up 20% from where it was then
4. Mcdonalds Walmart warned as have many other retailers
5. Fed said that credit card use dropped 3.4%
6. Mortgage bankers applications for Refis and purchases at 2 decade lows reported about 30 days ago
So I think at this point the market is going to have a hard time going higher and this was the
primary goal of the Fed to produce a wealth effect for spending.
Clearly the high end retailers have done well but not the middle income and lower income and associated retailers.
In the old days the fed stood by what they said for at least a short time now we see the fed can and will turn on a dime...
Today they are on a path that is reducing QE lower by 10 billion per month..
So in 90 days they will cut it down to 25 Billion...
In 150 days to 5 billion..
I say well **well** before they reach that number that is within 90 days they will announce
a delay of the taper because the little growth we see is from this artificial money..
This will be triggered by a weak stock market and negative retail sales as the QE gets drained out
of the hands of the upper middle class who was doing the spending..
They will cut at least 1 more time this month maybe 2 months but that will be it.
So if you we are going to get a drop in Gold and Silver it will have to happen very soon in next 60 days,
If not it will be up, up and away.
I think smart money knows this already and is why gold price is hanging around here and won't fall easily and recovers when it does. For me I would rather take an unlikely 30% drop in gold then to be out when taper is announced.
So why is the stock 66 ?
that AMEX missed Revenues by 160,000,000 !
So you think V is going to show 20% growth ?
Cramer has been pumping IBM for weeks look at it AH !
I certainly hope you are NOT pinning your hopes on CRAMERS projections !!
I tried to warn you but you bashed me wait till V reports !
Yea right !!!
Market fueled by fed pumping with Taxpayer money !!
it despite Goldman and all the others. Smart money knows this is nothing but a head fake..
Koke revenues down 4% year over year Visa is tanking as credit card use falls.
Empire state index almost negative !
You better be in when Janet opens her mouth on this topic !
10.58 vs 10.55 expectations and big earning miss so that's why it goes up 4% ?
When revenue year over year declined 4% ?
Let me tell you why this is higher.
It's because it's a dow stock and if it tanked on earnings day the whole market would tank
What smart money would do is sell as later when they pump another dow stock they will sell this one.
PG is a good example last quarter it went up on earnings that were flat from a year ago (ko was much worse) then 1 week later it was down about 10% look I dare you)
Now you have the opportunity to get out on large institutions nickel when you know upside is nil downside is huge.
You could lock in gains now but you won't but you will remember I told you this and you will say:
"What was I thinking ?
So they added enough in 1 time charges to make .44 called pro forma
PE is 20 times earnings !
So I expect this to go red later today or later this week 39.56 ah I will reference this post in a few days to show you how much you lost.
Don't worry they will stop the taper soon very soon so many reasons to keep printing lets see if its one I suggested lol !
While the Fed induced market is in the ionosphere even as revenue growth has come to a standstill for most companies, Gold and Silver have corrected from 35% to 50% from their highs in 2011.
If the data starts showing "Unexpectedly weak" data (which I am counting on because wall st needs the fed stimulus and money printing to continue) then I believe that gold and silver will perform much better than the S&P does.. Do you disagree ?
Gold and Silver 20 bucks buys 1 oz of silver that will protect you and your family from the destruction of the dollar. Amazingly you still listen to the bankers who tell you that the paper they print in endless supplies out of thin air is good and gold and silver is worthless..
BTW You can buy silver eagles for about 25.00( because they are us coins they carry a premium over the spot price ) silver rounds or you can buy the 1 oz rounds for around 21 at local coin shows, your local coin dealer or places like apmex. I feel quite certain that in a few years the value of these coins will far exceed what you will pay for them today especially with people like Janet at the helm of the fed..
I also like Hecla mining for the leverage read the Zachs article about it and the comment at the bottom of it by me. it is 3 now but was 11 when gold hit highs n 2011 I am quite certain 11 will be seen again as the money printing will never stop !
they tell you to buy on bad news so they can get out !
I Posted this earlier when v was 215 and 9 people gave me thumbs down and no one thumbs up..
more pain to come until this puppy gets to around 165 imo..
I will tell you why the stock is dropping imo but you will bash me I'm sure because you are so used to stocks always rising and you always listen to the pros who have a vested interest in keeping you in !
1. price to earnings ratio is 28 but growth rate is 9% making this very overpriced read wall st cheat sheet article says fair value for this is about 165
2. fed reported DECLINE in credit card use last month OK so you say Visa will buck this trend but no doubt the 9% growth is now in jeopardy would you disagree ?
3. Mortage bankers aid applications for purchase of homes and more importantly refis is down to 20 year lows this refi money was fueling much of v gains over the past 2 years people !
4. Competition from digital wallets like Marc Andreeson is coming fast and the pros will start to take that into effect when computing what Visa stock level should be The days of ability of V to charge 2% or 3% on each transaction are numbered !
5. The fed is cutting back stimulus that will mean higher interest rates and people will have less money to spend !
6. A huge number of retailers warned like urban outfitters, american eagle, aeroposta, mcdonalds, walmart etc you think you are immune to this ? This indicates slowdon of credit card transaction fees do I have to spell it out of you ?
7. Market has not corrected for years and is due for a minimum 10% drop do you disagree ?
8. Walmart and probably others will be suing V to recover transaction fees !
Is that enough reason for you ?
Of course you will bash me not one person has agreed with me that is reason number 9
when everyone is bullish and all in who will buy when some want to get out
When this market falls a little the 1% get mad and the bankers get mad and they tell the fed to stop the taper.
You know thats next as they won't allow the market to fall
So that why gold is going to do very well indeed in 2014