Worst case scenario is $4.75-$4.90 which is possible if we get downgraded due to the reduced estimates. If you're new to Rite Aid, I would buy some today and then buy more in the event of another 5% drop.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Looks like it all worked out for the best. I really thought with the insider sells last week we would've never hit $11 this quick - glad I was wrong.
I agree - it was a rumor at best. AT&T offered 39 Billion to T-mobile back in 2011 when T-mobile was in a lot worse shape than it is today. Sprint or Masayoshi currently do not have the financial resources to make any new acquisitions with their 4G upgrade maintenance and has lost thousands of subscribers quarterly in the process. Joining the two networks would only make the current situation worse. I wouldn't be surprised if this went under $8 by the end of the week. I like Sprint's intentions, but they better just focus on their own network and their current subscribers first. How long have people on Sprint been waiting for 4G coverage? If I had their service I'd be very upset.
Sentiment: Strong Sell
Read the Wiki - AT&T could go after DOJ for blocking the original purchase of T-Mobile back in 2011. DOJ could also file a lawsuit against Sprint just like they did for AT&T. However, there is the possibility that it could go through since Sprint is hemorrhaging quarterly subscriber losses and that the merger would make them competitive. But I imagine that T-mobile has got to be worth more than the original price offered by AT&T two years ago. Much more than 40 Billion, easy.
"Sprint Nextel also announced its opposition to the merger (AT&T and T-Mobile). Sprint said the deal would severely reduce competition in the United States cell phone industry."
I wonder if AT&T will throw Sprint's words right back at them. Something gives me the feeling that AT&T is going to sue if this deal goes through, I'm just not sure who.
Lol; I figured YOU like it. I'm just applying common sense. I'm long on what I have but this expected near-term $16 price target is BS and I laugh-shaking my head every time I hear it. We have resistance at 10.60, $11, $11.50, etc. so where they get these crazy targets blow my mind.
1) Insider selling (not as significant as last month's disaster, but still a concern) As long we have continued weekly sales, we will never hit $11.
2)Delayed shipping on Groupon Goods. Average shipping time on Groupon Goods is 7-10 days. Surveys conducted from last year show that about 40%-50% of shoppers wait until the week prior to do their Christmas shopping. Don't believe me? Take 5 minutes and Google it. (Knowing this alone was the major reason why I reduced 40% of of my Groupon holdings this week at a 10.50 stop.)
3)Lower highs and lower lows on runs which means lower support and higher resistance - trade accordingly.
Despite what analysts say, Groupon still has all of the problems of your typical start-up company. They are not competing with Amazon or Google and a buyout is out of the question. To say that Groupon has even a slight competitive advantage to Amazon, a company that processes 300 orders doesn't make sense. If you believe this today, seek professional help. Google wouldn't be interested, either - if they were, they'd apply more to Google offers which has zero traction and they could care less at the moment. Yahoo! is a possibility.
Probably not today, but next week...if there's no new insider selling you can bet we will be. I'm expecting a slight pullback. My average is under $9 so I'm not worried yet.
I just went on a buying frenzy on Groupon in the past few weeks, taking advantage of the insider selling. However, I told myself that once we crossed over 10.50 again that the stops needed to go in. I've been trading Groupon since October and it's been an emotional rollercoaster. Currently Groupon is about 25% of my portfolio - lets see what she can do.
Wanted to get rid of my mid 9s - I'm still holding low 9's and high 8's. The whole market is looking like a bloodbath today, so having some cash on hand might be good idea instead for some better opportunities. Good luck out there guys in finding those deals! :)
Other than the huge block 200k+ traded at 5.63, I wouldn't be too concerned. What happens tomorrow is anybody's guess but from a technical standpoint, a downward/MACD signal line cross can sometimes mean a bearish signal following a breakout. Sometimes traders will sell on sight, sometimes it is a false signal.
Just to repeat: No insider sells this week. If the insiders aren't selling, why should I? In case they do, I already have my trailing stops in. Either way I still win. If selling is going to occur, I'd expect it by the end of the week in anticipation of more insider sells next week. However, if that doesn't happen we're going much higher than this.
I already bought shares this morning on a limit order I placed yesterday. Why be an #$%$ about it?
I set it yesterday for half the shares I had. If it drops again to retest I'm buying more. Holding 5.50 support well.
Not really, just trading smart. May need to retest 5.50 one more time, depends how much resistance we have at 5.70.