The bond is paying 88%, selling at $12.50, par is $100.00. If the company can last, you get 88% on your money and if/when they cal you get 7x your intial investment.
Can this company last two years?
When is the debt due?
Are long the bond or the stock?
I'm thinking about buying the bond, but don't know what how this affects the purchase.
How do you make a decision when to take profits?
I have a 25% gain in CIM, plus 3.5 years of dividends.
The dividend it great, but not necessary for me to eat.
I don't have a plan for the profits, on the other hand
I would not be happy to see my 25% gain go away.
Hold or sell?
The Sept 30 sellers lost out on 12% in 90 days.
Must have had a really good investment to move to!
No, not counting dividends. I have about $6.70 in dividends.
Nice way to look at it, but I still have a capital loss.
I could sell, take the capital loss and buy back before next dividend,
but there is probably something better than IVR, I don't see much going on with it.
On the other hand, it is beat down pretty good and 12% is a very good return.
I've held since 7/12, I have a $30k gain, contemplating selling. But don't want to give up 13.2% dividend. 17.5% on my cost. Don't need the money from the sale, nearing retirement, dividend income is very good. I could only come up with about $6k in losses to offset.
What should I do?
"Fully aware, Bulls make money, Bears make money, Pigs get slaughtered"
Was up 35% on an oil play, now I'm down 60%, didn't take long.
Yow, if it was good at $6.60, it's even better at $4.86.
I'm sure tempted.
The volume is quite low, a sizable purchase purchase could easily be 10% of trading for the day.
Anyone buy and notice your purchase bumped the price?
If oil hit $10 a barrel, this would still be above zero. Am I correct
There is no chance of bankruptcy caused by the price of oil, Right?
I would think there isa point where this just a buy and hold.
Barring some new cheap energy discovery, oil will rise again.
I'm seeing a book value of $10.92, if that number was correct at one time.
I would suspect the assets are worth less now that oil is down,
any idea what the book value is at this time.
Even with book value at 1/2 or $5, this seems like a deal.
I'm interested! A few questions.
I read, "At any time on or after May 15, 2019, we may redeem the Series A Preferred Units, in whole or in part, out of amounts legally available therefor, at a redemption price of $25.00 per unit"
So, they are not obligated to redeem?
Is their an obligated redemption date?
If they redeem all preffered shares, that's $175,000,000.
Is that a sum that seems well within their ability to pay?
Am I correct that the $0.172 preferred dividend is always paid before the common stock dividend?
Can the Preferred dividend be cut while still paying common stock dvidend?
What would cause the price to not reach $25 at the redemption date?
Thanks for the discusion.
Fox Business just showed a display of 45 full oil tankers off the coast of Galvaston waiting for a change in the glut of oil.
Hey, thanks a lot, I'll be here all week!
The hedging without rate increases has cost many funds some of their earnings.