If the management fail to get the fair market value on the stock price, we are open to get a bid for a more favorable stock price. If anyone see the value in CLF, they shall bid for it.
declases, what is wrong with srbbs' point? If Treasury does not allow us to pay bailout, all the profits are paying to Treasury as dividends. It will not reduct the bailout amount.
$95 billion dividend payment for $117 billion for 4 and 1/2 years mean we are paying 18% interest. The original agreement was 10% dividend. They have no right to change it last year. By the way, I think the interest is more than 20%, because we did not borrow $117 billion from day 1.
US Treasury shall allow the dividend over 10% to pay off Treasury draw (bailout). And return the profit back to prefer and common stock shareholders. It is our investment to make money, they have no right to take it away from us.
I am asking any lawyer firm to pay attention on this issue. We shall file a class-A action against the government.
The only thing wrong in your phrase is we are not paying back uncle Sam 95 Billion of 117 Billion we borrowed, we pay them $95 Billion as Dividends (or interest, if it is easier for you to understand). We are not paying any principle (money we borrowed). Unless Treasury change their mind to help us, all the money FNMA made will belong to US government. Common stock and Prefer stock holders will get nothing.
GNW and MBI are a little different. GNW is not only in mortgage insurance business, and they are also in Life and Long term Care insurance business. MBI is pricing in the BAC lawsuit when we were at $13. I think we are pricing out most portion of BAC lawsuit at price of $9. So if we can get a settlement with BAC (this is what BAC want) at $2 Billion, I think our stock shall be flat or slightly higher in $9 range.
The focus shall be our earning on May 8. If we can make money, this stock will go up again! RDN is a company denying claims, but GNW and MBI are not. So it is not surprise RDN is still losing big money.
I have my first buy (after I sold at $13) at $9 yesterday. I will continue to buy if I see lower price. With real estate market up 9% from last year, I do not think we have any more mortgage claim issue, if MBI honestly paid the claim before.
RDN lost $1.30/Share last quater, while we are making money. RDN has book value of $5.39, and we have book value over $32. Do not think this is totally wrong.
GNW shall be over $20 now!
I agree!. RDN is still losing big money. They need to raise their capital to survive. GNW is a solid company with profit. Possible split of its Australian Unit.
A stock when up 19% after earning, may have a little pull back about 2-3%. This pull back is usually happening during the daily transactions.
Our resist point is at 200-day average of $22.50 to $23. You shall wait at least we hit the 200-day average.
Any way, there is no reason we are not breaking the 200-day average and fall back to $20.
Taiwanese Excutive Yuan (equal to our department of state) will send a Gamble Law to the Legistative (equal to our Congress) to pass.
I personally believe that this law will be passed due to current strong gaming ecomony in Macau. Taiwanese would like to have their own casinos. Although Taiwanese is only a little portion in the amount of population visiting Macau, but they have a lot of VIP players and they may also attract VIP players to Taiwanese island to avoid credit (junket) issue.
Thank you for your post. However, TCK is not performing well today. Earning of C$0.56 is a little low. So the stock price is falling today. Book Value is around C$31 (about US$30.20). I think current TCK's price of US$24 (20% off) is reasonable. On the other hand, CLF has a book value of US$32, compare to our current price of US$17.30, we have a 46% off compare to our book value. We are too low!
already bought 1k shares at $21.588 and 1K shares at $20.16. Glad to add another 1K share at $17.20. Will buy more if we go lower.
I am buying a stock with 3% annual dividend and 55% of its book value. I will continue to buy if we are going lower.
I am really confused, too. The spot price of iron ore is up a lot from last quarter. Why analysts downgrade CLF? Anyway, I will continue to buy if I see lower price.
We have a new daily low today. I really double we see the bottom.
Iron Ore price already fall last year and has a good rebounce this year. Iron and Gold are totally different in economy perspect.
I will continue to buy CLF if we go lower.
I think the analysts try to push mining stock prices lower. do not know why?
Gold price drops have no effect on Iron Ore price. Do not know why we are falling?
The only bad news I see is we breaking another daily low today. I will buy at $16 again.
The stock refuse to get down below 50 cents. Where is the shorty? Get back to work!
Tomorrow is Good Friday, I can't buy stock!