Sina needs more cash to invest. So I think they will sell another 5% into the market.
I am not sure about Alibaba wanting to sell more shares or not. Sina (57%) and Alibaba (30%) equal to 87% of total shares. We have about 4.5% in IPO offering; therefore, we have 8.5% shareholders may be available to sell. With I take a mid percentage: 4.25% plus 5% Sina wants to sell, we will see around 19.5 million new shares to sell after Oct. 13.
IF Alibaba join to sell, then we probably will see 20 to 25 million new shares into the market. It is 2.5 times more than our IPO.
I know some of your ex-boyfriends will dump you on Monday, Oct. 13, after lock up expire. I know there will be million of you sell in the market.
Do not worry! When you are falling, there is a guy sitting in the dark corn, and will pick up some of you slowly and gentely. He will hold your hands and whisper in your ear: "I love you!".
About 1.3 billion tons of iron ore is traded by sea each year, with more than half of these shipments ending up in China. UBS predicts the seaborne market will be awash with almost 74 million tons of surplus iron ore this year.
By 2016, the seaborne market could be oversupplied by 267 million tons—or as much as Rio Tinto, the world's No. 2 iron-ore exporter, produced last year.
Lock up is going to expire on Monday, Oct. 13. I am expecting 25 million new shares to sell in next 2-4 weeks. Although it is only around 12% of total shares, but it is 2.5 times more than the first IPO.
The problem is the cost of producing iron. Other companies can produce iron at $20/ton, but we have an average of $90/ton. With iron price below $80/ton, how we can make money?
The stupid management are even trying to sell assets, then buy back stock? It is a bad time to sell assets (they shall do it a few months ago when iron price is at $130/ton). And they shall pay down their $2 billion debt, and not buying stock.
The management needs to figure out a way to make money before I would buy it.
Disclosure: Trade CLF last year with a few profit. Decide to get away due to iron price is falling.
NO way. Endless downgrades everyday. With iron price below $80/ton, there is no way CLF can make money.
Agree! But TSLA never lose 90% of its stock value. It just goes up 10 times higher.
BK, not yet! If they sell assets to pay off debt, not buy back the stock, and cut the dividend to $0, they will be O.K.
Ready to buy at $12, $11 and $10. 1,000 shares each time.
Please push it low after 10/13, Lock up expiration date, Chinese greedy partners.
"controlled by shrewd people who don't like to lose money":
I think you made a big mistake. A lot of people would think that the IPO Price is $17, so all the shareholders are buying the stock at $17. The answer is "No". Those partners who control the company don't own WB on $17, IPO price. Their invested money is very little in the beginning, they already make their money back. We are the ones who are spending $17 per share to buy into the company. Unfortunately, we are only 5% of the total shares.
Honestly, I think this year's "October Surprise" will do exactly the opposite. IMF already announce a cut in Global economy growth. We already know European market is slow. A lot of companies will follow the IMF and blame on European market for their missing guideline. Some of them will even lower their Q4 forecast using the same bullxxxx reason. What can we do?
We shall wait until Oct. 13, Lock up expiration date. We only have 9 million shares to trade now. What price we can get if there is another 200 million of shares (current outstanding shares) to sell?
I bet VALE has no interest to buy CLF. The cost of producing IRON for CLF is too high.
Guys, Weibo on the beginning has text message program like WeChat. They lost the market completely, so we shall not compare it to WeChat anymore.
However, Weibo is strong in social media like Face Book and Twitter in USA. You shall buy WB because its social media business, not its text message business.
This stock will not perform well at least for one more month. Lock up date is going to expire on Oct. 13. 95% of share holders/partners will become available as sellers. We shall wait and get a reasonable "low" price to buy some WB stocks.
Guys, the lock up date is going to expire on Oct. 13 (next Monday). We only have 5% of total shares float in the market. When the lock up date expire, don't you think those Chinese partners will sell some of their shares to get money? It will be a long wait, but I am watching WB closely and ready to step in when I get a good price.
Nice Joke. BABA is eBay + Amazon. WB is Facebook+Twitter. They are doing business in different field. Although I like WB a lot, but there are millions of shares will sell after Oct. 13, lock up expiration date. I would say we will fall to $12.