The faster it falls the faster it bounces back. I will admit i wish I took some money off the table around $3 so I had some dry powder. For the record I have not traded this stock at all just bought on dips (usually way to early). Now I'm way over weight TC because there has been so many dips.
As your leader I have to agree and so do all of my followers. My followers also agree that Mr. Muffin is a fool.
Everyone one on this board has been wrong at some point including you. You post more than any one on the board when it's on it's way down. Then go quite when it goes back up. It is a volatile stock in a volatile sector. Depends on when you buy and when you sell if you make any money.
Care and Maintenance may turn out to be genius. Only time will tell. I can honestly say I was wrong and put to many eggs in the TC basket. Hate to sell now but it just seems like nothing is going right. But what is a guy to do move his money to social media stocks or Tesla and ride them down when they finally drop. Patience I hope pays off eventually.
I did notice that TC does the opposite of the market. I just hope when the market makes it's major correction sometime in the future TC does what it has been. The opposite!
#$%$ is going on with this stock. It always does the opposite of what one would expect. Does any one have a good theory on why metals prices are dropping? This metals price drop makes me much more nervous than having the stock price drop.
I remember Perron saying they would make a decision on TC mine in the next six weeks but can't find any details on it any where. Did I dream this up or did he say that? If he did can anyone remember the details?
I agree that ultra seems to make more sense than Perron but one thing to remember is ultra, although he will not admit it, does not have the same information\facts Perron has. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes. The T-meds elimination seems dumb. Well maybe someone made an offer to buy the company that was really great but the T-meds were muddying up the deal. They eliminate the T-meds then the deal doesn't go through for some reason. Was it still a dumb move?We may never know the real story!
Whenever there is a large drop like the one that happened after the call you can't help but be nervous even if you are very bullish. Glad the price is slowly recovering
Thats actually a good way to put it. Obviously there are many future outcomes so many different price points. What about this one.
TC invest $80M on moly mine and moly goes to $9.50, copper $2.75, gold $1200 TC= $2.00
The above scenario is what TC is trying to avoid. I believe instead of going out on a limb they are trying to play it safe. The only reason this doesn't really make sense is it will cost them so much to play it safe and wait out moly prices.
What are some of your price targets for TC. I was hoping once the T-med over hang was gone and the Mount Milligan risk started to diminish the share price would be north of $4. I hadn't even considered moly being over $13. Seem's now that the price of moly is over $13 it is actually affecting the share price negatively. They said before moly over 13 Thompson creek mine would be a no brainer. Well now moly is over 13 and they are saying they are still putting the mine on care and maintenance, proving to the market they are brainless. They may be bluffing or there may be something else going on but it is possible that they are just going to play it safe and save the cash. Every one on the board seems to think moly will go up but the market seems to believe other wise. Just my 2 cents which is probably not even worth 2 cents.
- Milligan is rampping up as planned or better
- Endako is profitable at these moly prices but isn't performing very well
- Thompson Creek is profitable at these levels with a potential $80m investment
- The company is considering taking on a partner at Thompson Creek
- The company might be sold
- The company might not be sold
- They had a good quarter
- Next quarter should be better
- No one in this company does well communicating
- They currently have a solid cash position and it is growing
- They also have a ton of debt
- lightdoesnotage is overly optimistic and seems to like go out on a limb and create false hope
- ultra is very smart and for the most part has been right on with his projections when it comes to financial projections but is egotistical and attacks any one who challenges him.
- for $75m we might be able to make milligan perform better than planned and ramp up faster or it could be a waste of money
- I am very confused by the conference call and i believe analyst and other investors are too. People who are not married to this stock like most of the message board members are just staying clear because they don't understand it and the risk isn't worth the reward
- Perron sounds like a french Canadian version of Siri
-Thompson creek is not permitted to go forward with phase 8 it but it is very likely it will be by next spring. For some reason this is never talked about at the conference calls which is strange because it seems very important.
- The stock seems stuck between $2.75 and $3 since T-meds converted. Before conversion there was a lot more volatility.
I know it is kind of irrelevant knowing what we know but can anyone remember what sustained moly prices had to be at before stripping phase 8 was a no brainier according to Kevin.
It wasn't always fun but the volatility a while ago was at least exciting. I am in the habit of looking at the stock price almost hourly. That is probably going to change soon if it keeps fluctuating at this pace.