% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Apple Inc. Message Board

laylow1991 191 posts  |  Last Activity: Apr 14, 2015 6:50 PM Member since: Jan 15, 2002
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 14, 2015 6:50 PM Flag

    No problem for long term holders and believers if there is no buyout.
    We never planned on it or traded on it.
    For myself, I never wanted a buyout. If it happens fine, but in the long run Rad will be worth more by itself.

  • Reply to

    Holding at $8.40 buy more or not?

    by mike007_1956 Apr 14, 2015 3:36 PM
    laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 14, 2015 4:52 PM Flag

    Consolidation and accumulation yes. Long term bottom? Maybe, maybe not.
    Buy all you can? Be careful how much you want to spend.
    Been in Rad for 6 years. I'm a long term holder.
    If you plan on being in Rad a long time, great. If not you, hopefully not, you could be disappointed.
    It's a long term hold only, not to be bought due to rumors of a buyout.

  • laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 13, 2015 9:15 PM Flag

    Widow, I agree to disagree.
    If Standley was to announce that they had $14 dollar offer from WBA and turned it down, which I would want him to do,then yes big pop. Above $14 would be my bet. No, you aren't crazy.
    That would cause a feeding frenzy like those fishies with teeth.
    My point was that if Rad just said no to any possible buyouts, then my thesis should, IMHO,
    be correct on Rad's valuation changes.
    And IF THIS SHOULD happen, no buyout announcement, then as I said, the long term investors who believe in Rad will hang in there.
    It could be more than $14 in the next 12-18 months. Maybe much more.
    I'm a conservative guy.

  • Now we have lower volume but an up day in Rad and a down market day.
    What this tells me, IMHO, is that Rad is being held in strong hands, not willing to bail as they have in the last couple years.
    The shorts are less than before and fearful of any announcement that could kick them in you know what.
    As I said last week, let Rad settle for 2 to 3 days this week before hopping aboard or even selling.
    If Rad was to report that they are not going to be purchased and prefer to stand alone, then we will have a violent day.
    The shorts will pile on and some recent big buyers will bail.
    If that would happen I could see the shares going to the lower mid 7's.

    For me I'll be buying more after a week or two, to let it settle, if this were to happen.

    Myself, I doubt it will happen. I just want to alert the little guys, like myself, that this would be the outcome.
    For the long term holders like myself, who have been through some awful downdrafts in Rad, this will be just a blip in it's price over the possible break out over the nut to crack at $9.

  • Reply to

    gonna make new high today

    by cps7777777 Mar 19, 2015 11:59 AM
    laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 13, 2015 3:44 PM Flag

    What changed your mind cps?
    April 10th you were urging to sell.
    Please tell us what changed in 3 days.

  • Reply to

    Envision is Good Debt? what?

    by marketneutral1001 Apr 11, 2015 3:04 PM
    laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 11, 2015 6:59 PM Flag

    Good debt is when a company expands it's market share or expects extra income from an investment, over time, to increase it's ROI over and above it's initial investment.
    Or something like that. LMAO

  • It's the same story from day one. "It won't sell. It's too expensive. It cant compete with whomever. It is just a fad.
    It makes no sense. It doesn't give you any more than a vinyl record player can".
    Should I go on and on??
    Apple, from day one, has produced hardware products and software that NO ONE THOUGHT THEY NEEDED.
    But they have proven time and time again that you need it and will buy it.
    As I have stated earlier my children want the Apple watch.
    I have grandchildren that are grades ahead in school due to their IPAds.
    Yes they are playing games but are all educational.
    To me, my kids and grandchildren are the Apple in my eye, Apple is also in my eye.
    Yes their elderly parents have IPADS, IPHONES and COMPUTERS.
    It makes us young and keeps us from going old by keeping up with the family and the world.

  • They own every product that Apple has made and are going to own the watch without question.
    The problem I have is they all want me to buy one for their birthdays. I don't mind that so much as I want one as well as my wife when they have blood pressure monitoring.
    I've decided, since their birthdays are spread apart, to notify them I'm giving them the Apple watch not to exceed $500. That is my price point. If they want over the price point then they can pay the extra.

    What I failed to say is they have all mentioned that they are going to buy one.
    All four are professionals in their vocations and feel this is important to them after watching the Apple videos.

    My wife and I are seniors. We both feel that for health reasons we would like to see blood pressure monitoring along with all the other health information.

    If that comes, we along with millions of others, will be obligated to buy the Apple watch so we can monitor our health.

  • Here we have a stock that is 26+% short vs a 35% inside ownership. With very little float.
    What I see here is very rare. The ability for shorts to hold tight on a stock that can be explosive to the upside is suspect.
    For me, I'm being very careful on how much I invest in Kyth. I would like to have more shares but I'm concerned on the percentage of shorts.
    Why would they look at a biotech stock that they feel would be a great money maker by shorting.
    Bottom line, you need to be careful. Something is not kosher.
    As such, if your an investor in Kyth like I am, you need to be careful.
    You may have a great investment or you may be burned.

    With Fridays advance and after market advance I feel something is going on.
    CNBC mentioned Kyth. That may have been the after market reaction to the upside, but prior to that mention of Kyth, the stock was on a roll already with great volume.
    Maybe the CNBC report was already known by others who pushed up the stock during the day prior to the CNBC report.
    It wouldn't surprize me. The little guy is always left out in the dark while others have inside information that is unlawful but they are never caught and prosecuted for their trading activity.
    It would be more important to know, and not at the end of required reporting period, who loaded up on Kyth stock.

    Sorry to get on my high horse, but as a retail investor, these are the things that can make you lose or make a lot of money.

    P.S. I've owned Kyth for over two months as a very speculative investment that I can afford to lose.
    How about you!

  • Reply to

    Rad will be BOT by the end of April.2015

    by sep122 Apr 10, 2015 4:10 PM
    laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 11, 2015 1:56 PM Flag

    I don't see how these small NOL carryforwards would add to an enticement to buy Rad.
    I do feel that a large company who has an eye toward smaller retail operations vs their big box operations would be interested. Especially with an eye toward providing wellness facilities that can capture that very lucrative market.
    I would be more inclined to think it would be a domestic company, if at all, a buyout would happen.
    I also feel, if a big box company was to purchase Rad, they would need a larger footprint size store to take advantage of the products they sell.
    Rad just opened a large store in the northeast. I understand it is doing very well.
    But it hasn't had written press about it.
    Bottom line, if I had to bet on who would do a deal it could be, Heb, walmart, kroger, cosco or cvs.
    Most of these have been mentioned other than heb and kroger,

  • Reply to

    Rad will be BOT by the end of April.2015

    by sep122 Apr 10, 2015 4:10 PM
    laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 10, 2015 4:27 PM Flag

    That would have been a very smart move last year. But with the dollar as high as it is vs the Euro I doubt it would work out. Maybe I'm missing something regarding a tax loss.
    We need a good tax accountant who has a good feel for these type moves.
    Are you one?? If so please explain a little more so us dummies understand.

  • Now if you are thinking about buying more or selling, I would wait for another few days. Maybe the 14th or 15th next week to gage the move and volume for a good base. Either up or down.
    Remember that the price of Rad was at $7.50 when the rumor started. The volume tells me the rumor is still floating in cyber space somewhere.

    If the rumor dies out we could see it go back to the high 7's.
    The battle to go much higher is the 9's. That's the nut to crack as I've said many times before.
    I also believe as many long term holders do, that Rad in the next 8-16 months will be much higher than what someone would pay at these prices.

  • Now you will see more activity on the message board.
    They mentioned the FDA approval but also said it is only for double chins.

  • Reply to

    Here we go--the run to approval is starting.

    by lizs_icss Apr 10, 2015 3:05 PM
    laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 10, 2015 3:22 PM Flag

    Been watching it for a month. Having large moves on a regular basis is frustrating. especially to the down side.
    Today's move is very nice indeed. Small float along with lots of shorts makes it a nice play.
    Yes the board is very quiet. But if today holds with good trading volume it will collect more action on the board.

  • Reply to

    Rite Aid management failed it's shareholders

    by pmkhoopster Apr 10, 2015 11:28 AM
    laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 10, 2015 12:02 PM Flag

    Would you rather have him lie.

  • The big boys are always expecting things to happen overnight. It didn't happen.
    So where are we now? It depends on the investment community. Those that feel Rad is, like long term investors do, is a great Long Term Hold will hang on longer.
    Overall I feel todays action is positive. WHY? Because the rumor of potential buyout started mid March. The price of Rad stood at $7.50 at that time.
    So Rad could have fallen back toward the pre rumor price. Much lower than it is today.
    Bottom line is that Rad has more believers with big bucks than before.

  • laylow1991 by laylow1991 Apr 8, 2015 4:36 PM Flag

    Revenues up, no, revenues down. They should make up their minds.
    Never heard of them.

  • laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 8, 2015 4:28 PM Flag

    Same thing over and over with Rad. Come out with negative reports to protect their big boys.
    For that matter, many other stocks as well.

  • Reply to

    With Earnings and SSS out of the way...

    by rh3650highhorse Apr 8, 2015 4:08 PM
    laylow1991 laylow1991 Apr 8, 2015 4:22 PM Flag

    Future continuous growth.
    Long term holders have all voiced opinion, including myself, that we do not want a buy out any time soon.
    Rad will provide much better returns on it's own.
    Many here were hoping for a short term upswing. We do not. Just steady freddy earnings.

  • Just fun to watch for the long term investors. Where it goes today doesn't matter to us.
    It's the march higher over time that will pay off for Rad's turnaround story.

124.75-1.42(-1.13%)Apr 17 4:00 PMEDT