Thanks for your reply. I've got 5 family members who just discovered NFLX. I have 6 grandchildren that watch all the kid shows. I myself, seldom watch my cable tv. I pick and choose and never see a darn commercial. Bottom line is i'm sold on NFLX.
Lets stick to NFLX. Stop all this #$%$. I've deleted half of you due to your #$%$.
Since many are cutting the cord but still need broadband would a merger between either one make sense, since many are turning to NFLX on a daily basis.
If in the days and weeks ahead Rad tops $9.05 and holds for two days or more, the new bottom is in and a new move toward $10 and above is in the cards.
This is without any buy out. Many rumors keep floating around by many companies posted on the board that would like to buy RAD.
As I have said for years, Rad is more valuable as a stand alone company. Just give it time.
I stand corrected jr4.
Many others are long gone. Maybe it's just us three. ACE was before me as well.
Don't ask me why, I can't explain it.
ACE and myself are the longest messengers on this board.
ACE, the one who has been blasting Rad well below a dollar and me a believer in Rad below a dollar.
Myself, I may post once a week or multiple times in one day if needed.
Ace, posting under numerous names, does it daily.
But I respect his postings and never put the ACE name on ignore.
As always I recommend keeping 25% of your total portfolio in cash.
For a rainy day, car problems, school expenses, unexpected baby etc. etc.
Or for something that is a sure thing to buy and add to in your portfolio.
P.S. there is no such thing as a sure thing. Just death and taxes.
Remember the market is not kind to the little guys and has a black heart when the computers decide they've had enough. The exit door is only big enough to let them out while your still sitting in your seat burning.
"You never go broke taking profits off the table"
"hogs get fed pigs get slautered. (no spell check needed. You know what I mean.)
No problem for long term holders and believers if there is no buyout.
We never planned on it or traded on it.
For myself, I never wanted a buyout. If it happens fine, but in the long run Rad will be worth more by itself.
Consolidation and accumulation yes. Long term bottom? Maybe, maybe not.
Buy all you can? Be careful how much you want to spend.
Been in Rad for 6 years. I'm a long term holder.
If you plan on being in Rad a long time, great. If not you, hopefully not, you could be disappointed.
It's a long term hold only, not to be bought due to rumors of a buyout.
Widow, I agree to disagree.
If Standley was to announce that they had $14 dollar offer from WBA and turned it down, which I would want him to do,then yes big pop. Above $14 would be my bet. No, you aren't crazy.
That would cause a feeding frenzy like those fishies with teeth.
My point was that if Rad just said no to any possible buyouts, then my thesis should, IMHO,
be correct on Rad's valuation changes.
And IF THIS SHOULD happen, no buyout announcement, then as I said, the long term investors who believe in Rad will hang in there.
It could be more than $14 in the next 12-18 months. Maybe much more.
I'm a conservative guy.
Now we have lower volume but an up day in Rad and a down market day.
What this tells me, IMHO, is that Rad is being held in strong hands, not willing to bail as they have in the last couple years.
The shorts are less than before and fearful of any announcement that could kick them in you know what.
As I said last week, let Rad settle for 2 to 3 days this week before hopping aboard or even selling.
If Rad was to report that they are not going to be purchased and prefer to stand alone, then we will have a violent day.
The shorts will pile on and some recent big buyers will bail.
If that would happen I could see the shares going to the lower mid 7's.
For me I'll be buying more after a week or two, to let it settle, if this were to happen.
Myself, I doubt it will happen. I just want to alert the little guys, like myself, that this would be the outcome.
For the long term holders like myself, who have been through some awful downdrafts in Rad, this will be just a blip in it's price over the possible break out over the nut to crack at $9.
Good debt is when a company expands it's market share or expects extra income from an investment, over time, to increase it's ROI over and above it's initial investment.
Or something like that. LMAO
It's the same story from day one. "It won't sell. It's too expensive. It cant compete with whomever. It is just a fad.
It makes no sense. It doesn't give you any more than a vinyl record player can".
Should I go on and on??
Apple, from day one, has produced hardware products and software that NO ONE THOUGHT THEY NEEDED.
But they have proven time and time again that you need it and will buy it.
As I have stated earlier my children want the Apple watch.
I have grandchildren that are grades ahead in school due to their IPAds.
Yes they are playing games but are all educational.
To me, my kids and grandchildren are the Apple in my eye, Apple is also in my eye.
Yes their elderly parents have IPADS, IPHONES and COMPUTERS.
It makes us young and keeps us from going old by keeping up with the family and the world.
They own every product that Apple has made and are going to own the watch without question.
The problem I have is they all want me to buy one for their birthdays. I don't mind that so much as I want one as well as my wife when they have blood pressure monitoring.
I've decided, since their birthdays are spread apart, to notify them I'm giving them the Apple watch not to exceed $500. That is my price point. If they want over the price point then they can pay the extra.
What I failed to say is they have all mentioned that they are going to buy one.
All four are professionals in their vocations and feel this is important to them after watching the Apple videos.
My wife and I are seniors. We both feel that for health reasons we would like to see blood pressure monitoring along with all the other health information.
If that comes, we along with millions of others, will be obligated to buy the Apple watch so we can monitor our health.
Here we have a stock that is 26+% short vs a 35% inside ownership. With very little float.
What I see here is very rare. The ability for shorts to hold tight on a stock that can be explosive to the upside is suspect.
For me, I'm being very careful on how much I invest in Kyth. I would like to have more shares but I'm concerned on the percentage of shorts.
Why would they look at a biotech stock that they feel would be a great money maker by shorting.
Bottom line, you need to be careful. Something is not kosher.
As such, if your an investor in Kyth like I am, you need to be careful.
You may have a great investment or you may be burned.
With Fridays advance and after market advance I feel something is going on.
CNBC mentioned Kyth. That may have been the after market reaction to the upside, but prior to that mention of Kyth, the stock was on a roll already with great volume.
Maybe the CNBC report was already known by others who pushed up the stock during the day prior to the CNBC report.
It wouldn't surprize me. The little guy is always left out in the dark while others have inside information that is unlawful but they are never caught and prosecuted for their trading activity.
It would be more important to know, and not at the end of required reporting period, who loaded up on Kyth stock.
Sorry to get on my high horse, but as a retail investor, these are the things that can make you lose or make a lot of money.
P.S. I've owned Kyth for over two months as a very speculative investment that I can afford to lose.
How about you!
I don't see how these small NOL carryforwards would add to an enticement to buy Rad.
I do feel that a large company who has an eye toward smaller retail operations vs their big box operations would be interested. Especially with an eye toward providing wellness facilities that can capture that very lucrative market.
I would be more inclined to think it would be a domestic company, if at all, a buyout would happen.
I also feel, if a big box company was to purchase Rad, they would need a larger footprint size store to take advantage of the products they sell.
Rad just opened a large store in the northeast. I understand it is doing very well.
But it hasn't had written press about it.
Bottom line, if I had to bet on who would do a deal it could be, Heb, walmart, kroger, cosco or cvs.
Most of these have been mentioned other than heb and kroger,
That would have been a very smart move last year. But with the dollar as high as it is vs the Euro I doubt it would work out. Maybe I'm missing something regarding a tax loss.
We need a good tax accountant who has a good feel for these type moves.
Are you one?? If so please explain a little more so us dummies understand.
Now if you are thinking about buying more or selling, I would wait for another few days. Maybe the 14th or 15th next week to gage the move and volume for a good base. Either up or down.
Remember that the price of Rad was at $7.50 when the rumor started. The volume tells me the rumor is still floating in cyber space somewhere.
If the rumor dies out we could see it go back to the high 7's.
The battle to go much higher is the 9's. That's the nut to crack as I've said many times before.
I also believe as many long term holders do, that Rad in the next 8-16 months will be much higher than what someone would pay at these prices.