H3NPHLO @H3NPHLO 4h4 hours ago
#Harvoni: Prescr. figures for wk ending 4/10 (Symphony/BBG) : TRx@ 9,730 NRx@ 4,102. $GILD
#Sovaldi: Prescr. figures for wk ending 4/10 (Symphony/BBG) : TRx@ 1,997 NRx@ 731. $GILD
#Viekira: Prescr. figures for wk ending 4/10 (Symphony/BBG) : TRx@ 789 NRx@ 437. $ABBV
Trenton, call me cynical, but usually when a stock drops from 28 to 18 over a period of a month and prior to a binary news event, that tings my 'spider sense' me thinks something is leaking .... so that is one of the major reasons to be cautious.
Have read both sides of the discussion, and I really don't want to make a call right now (shorts are really piling in, not always a good sign) ... the beauty of this play is I don't have to care, I make a pretty decent return as long as the stock is above $12 by 3rd Friday of May. And if it gets crushed, so be it, I think the low is $8-10 with a decent probability to recover to $14'ish. As they say, Bears make money, Bulls make money and Pigs get slaughtered.
you are very welcome ! I did same as you, but with the $22 calls when the stock was around 21.50
Good Luck to you with your position ! I also see you on the GILD board, you add alot of value with your comments and I salute you. I also hold a pretty decent position on GILD and am hoping for a blowout Q with upgraded guidance. My model is tracking EPS of $2.50-2.70 (hard to know how Europe is contributing, as well as VA).
like you, I had a chunk of PCYC shares. And dont get me wrong, I wish it was worth more, I have been trading MDVN for quite awhile. how do you justify your statement ?
GILD is aka death by Chinese water torture. Killing me softly by Roberta Flack
CLDN - option premiums crazy, buy the shares and sell the just out of the money calls, you make 50% profit if stock is in the money and gets called away in 6 weeks
here is my Q1 based on the scripts uptake FWIW. Q1 analyst consensus is $2.24 i think.
EPS Revs $B
Q1 $2.50-2.60 $7.6-8.0 Billion
current holdings GILD (huge position, scary), CELG, BIIB, PTX, CEMP, GOOG, NXPI, SWKS, PFNX, MDVN (small now, sold majority on Friday) - will look to get back into RCPT at some point once this sell off blows over. FOLD and PFNX are 2 good biosim plays. Also holding a couple of small option chicken plays SAFM and PPC, ;picked up yesterday during wild sell off. anyone looking for some breasts with a side order of thighs ?
took advantage of pullback and bought aggressively CELG, BIIB, CEMP, SWKS, NXPI - hope I am not too soon !! was at 55% cash, now 28% cash. It looks like we could go lower than 330 on IBB, and if IWM challenges 121 tomorrow I will be buying TNA calls hand over fist.
as much as it pains me to write this, Bear is making a good point. However the real issue is that Q1 estimates although being $2.26 are all over the map ... the range of the analyst estimates makes no sense, indicating that they dont know yet if the volume increases will offset the rebates. I strongly believe (which is why i am still invested heavily here) that once the next earnings is published, this will de-anchor the stock.