appears they are focussed on keeping their positions and enriching themselves ... lets see if this ARIA play triggers Shire to make a more palatable offer.
pretty high selling volume over last few days ... the sellers are going to stop at some point. smart to risk manage, at one point (probably on a flush thru 9) you would think the selling would be done ?
i remember a few months back, there was a 'Bunny' and then a morph into GriffinMingus. Read the posts and financial information provided. Took a small position in both MEMP and EROC, but then sold MEMP at a small profit and EROC at a small loss because the Saudis were not going to let up. Fast forward to today, many of us want to live in Southern France, eat and drink to our hearts content, put our feet in the water ... and if we knew that darn distribution (sorry about the reference to the divvie) was only going to get cut at worst 25% this would be a no brainer.
LOL ! tough to debate on a message board, but if you were sitting on some cash would you be throwing some of it at MEMP and/or ARP ? The temptation is almost killing me !
from shareholder_boar in an earlier thread:
If any patient now in a trial suffers a Serious Adverse Event then Celgene can, and very likely would, walk away. Although the safety data to date has been find, this class of drug can have troubles. The deal price is in the billions because the safety profile of the lead drug looks better than Gilenya's. If that is no longer the case then the value drops dramatically as it would be going up against generic Gilenya soon after launch.
A request for more information from the FTC relative to the required anti-trust approval would delay the close many months. Celgene was concerned enough about this that they included an unusual clause in the agreement permitting them to pay a fee and leave should there be a lengthy delay
no ... still watching it. the overall market volatility was working in my favor over the last few days. GL on ANIK tonite.
looks like there was at least 1 other serious bidder, and it was appropriately 'shopped'. there is still a chance another bidder surfaces.