Thu, Mar 5, 2015, 5:34 PM EST - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Message Board

lcanp 5 posts  |  Last Activity: Feb 14, 2015 1:56 PM Member since: Feb 14, 2002
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • lcanp lcanp Feb 14, 2015 1:56 PM Flag

    I think it is obvious what Rascoff had in mind. Hold out as long as he could with the announcement and plug the earnings in with it knowing the EPS miss might be a problem. Note his comments about a month ago - don't overreact with earnings. So now Z earnings are out, and we need to see TRLA which I am guessing we will see on Tuesday or Wednesday. The merger helps to mute both earnings report, but the miss will also help mute the surge that should have happened with the FTC approval. These guys know how to game the system. I wanted to hold on till the announcement on Mon/Tues, but was worried about the earnings. Took my profits and bailed. Will wait to see what TRLA earnings do the stock price, then decide when to get back in. I still see this stock getting back near its highs - the FTC approval would have helped tremendously - but I guess Rascoff had other ideas. Let's see what happens on Tuesday. I want to see if the after hour gains hold, or disappear if TRLA reports.

  • We might see a big run into the close with the possibility of the announcement tonight, Monday or early Tuesday morning. I think the market is closed on Monday.

  • lcanp lcanp Feb 12, 2015 5:03 PM Flag

    No. For all we know, they may have already received the approval, and working with Trulia on when to announce the approval along with the schedule for each company's earnings call. Z indicated that the close would be by the 15rh of Feb. which is Sunday. One would hope that the announcement would be prior to that date which means tonight or tomorrow morning. Maybe even tomorrow after the close. If you are bullish, you would want the announcement no later than tomorrow. However, I doubt this CEO cares about the individual investor when he is cashing in his 5000 options every month with the once in awhile big dump for millions of dollars. We will see what happens. I would say the latest the announcement would be made would be 2/16/15 on the holiday or even Tuesday morning, with earnings scheduled for the Thursday or Friday of that week. All guesswork on my part.

  • lcanp lcanp Jan 26, 2015 8:15 PM Flag

    Nope, the low guidance will not be because of margins, but because of the Euro. PCLN hedged the Euro at 1.25, and it is now at 1.12. GS saw that coming and removed it from it's Conviction Buy List although it did keep a healthy price target of around $1300 - $1400. The other downgrades we saw was due to the Euro fall. The question is, at what stock price is the lower Euro priced in? We saw the stock tumble to $990, and recover to $1050. Normally, the run would continue to well above $1100 especially with favorable market conditions. However, note that even on 100 - 200 point DOW gains, PCLN price barely moved up. Moving up 7 to 9 points for a very good DOW day is miniscule for PCLN. My thinking is the lower Euro will be priced in below $990. You can see the stock heading in that direction, and on any big negative DOW day of - 100 plus will push the stock to $1000 and below. When it crosses $990, wherever it settles prior to earnings is more than likely where the Euro is baked in. Stock probably rallies from there back to $1100 plus from March - May.

  • lcanp lcanp Jan 23, 2015 11:41 PM Flag

    So if in their last report with low guidance, they pegged the Euro at 1.25 and now the Euro is at 1.11 - 1.12, with 80% of their business overseas, isn't that a problem? I would expect them to do well for the 4th Q, but their guidance for 1st Q is going to be pretty bad :(

ISRG
499.52-1.040(-0.21%)Mar 5 4:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.