I agree. It's not supposed to be a "smart" watch. I'm buying because it's a fitness device. I have zero desire to have an apple watch. If I were to buy an apple watch... the only reason I would want one is because of the fitness tracking. But why do that if I can buy a Blaze for half the cost.
Point well taken. Just my sentiment on this stock changed from a "trading" stock to a longer term investment as of yesterday. Just wish I had bought more and bought them earlier. I had originally bought in at around $20 a few months ago... and then needed to pull out some money to invest in my business... and stupidly sold it at about $15 a few days ago. That said, I still think thought this was a great buy at the $19.95 I bought back yesterday. I think especially considering the buy back... that this is easily a $30 stock within a year at least. And at only a Billion market cap... + their longer term deal with Walmart... now makes them a very attractive takeover target. JMHO
No reason? How about that stock buy back that's at least 10% of their market cap. One of the bigger stock buy backs that I have seen. That said, it's obvious now that Green Dot is officially on the radar screen of all the traders now. Hence this previously quiet message board is now going to attract every sheister in the world who's trying to make a quick buck.
Folks my sense is... that if there was genuinely good news to report during the call... BT would have figured out a way to genuinely convey that real enthusiasm and back it up with relevant facts. Struck me more that he was trying to bend the truth a bit much like my 7 year old daughter. Based upon this last event... I finally determined the risk was too great to possibly lose my entire investment. Hence I finally bailed yesterday (after 10 long painful and expensive years). Good luck to all that are staying the course.
Know when to walk away, know when to run? Lord knows! I have been in ONCY for what I believe is 10+ years now. In that period of time if I had invested the money that I had in ONCY into even more apple stock... I would have been sitting on a much more sizeable nest egg.. But at least my apple stock bought my house when I sold AAPL. But when I sold ONCY a couple of minutes ago... all it will earn me is a tax write off. I'm unfortunately done. I've wasted too much time in crossing my fingers all these years when I should have been investing more wisely. That said, now that I have sold, I will wish the crazies like Alex (Armed) and D2 all the best. D2 I think it was finally your less than positive assessment today that threw me into the sell category. I wish you all the best and hope you all have a great thanksgiving.
Here's the associated video with this article. Seems very similar to alot of what ONCY is doing... http://live.wsj.com/video/new-drugs-zap-tumors-via-immune-system/16D13929-4DAF-4923-85A6-FDDD0F94993A.html?KEYWORDS=cancer#!16D13929-4DAF-4923-85A6-FDDD0F94993A
You know if that MUCH attention is being paid to keep a stock down... you know there's some reason why it's on the way up. Certainly Sally's noise is one of the more positive ONCY signs I have seen in a long time. Now I just wish I had the cash to buy more.
Bilo, you ALWAYS get penalized for being wrong! = ) If a stock goes up, you are "penalized" for not buying enough or selling too early. If it tanks, and you bought too much, you could lose your shirt. There's always a "penalty"!
Am I missing something? They haven't even gone to market yet. So how is missing by a penny even relevant to your purchase decisions. I bought the company for its science. Haven't seen anything to make me change that decision.
At $2.99... the smart money manipulated the stock down to $2.99... and the stupid money had their stops there. Then the smart money took your shares. That's why they're smart and you're dumb. Take off your dunce caps and due your research. It's not about "stock"... it's about science.
So liberal is that your job to bash all day? You must not have had a family or friend that ever had cancer. Is this how you are adding value to society by bashing and day trading? Is this what they will write on your tombstone... "Here's a guy that just talked smack all day... and that's how he made his living". I bet if you, God forbid, had cancer... you might be the first in line to want to get into one of the Oncolytic Biotech trials. But, short of that... you might want to think about doing something more meaningful with your life.
- Could not have sold 8 million shares if science wasn't real
- Selling 8M more shares is great for shareholders, because it keeps ONCY independent longer
- A buy out today would have been at a greatly reduced share price, that no one thought was acceptable
- Selling shares rather than a buy out is a very bullish sign for the future
- More money in the bank gives ONCY the $ to properly conduct more studies
- More money in the bank gives ONCY more leverage... and not have to take a low buy out offer
Just my humble opinion.
"Long ONCY a long time". Just how long is long? Anything 3 years or shorter does not constitute a long time around here!
What seems clear is:
- There's stabilization
- There's tumor shrinkage
- There's little to no side effects
- That if we have had a family die of cancer, we are hopeful for ONCY's science
- That time will tell in terms of FDA approval
- There's 75% BS on this board
- The rest provides good information that helps us evaluate ONCY as a good or bad investment
I forgot to add... that I for one, (for now) am still holding my shares... although I have been known to take some dramamine to settle my stomach along the way.
1) Nervous people with no news sell their shares. Why are they nervous? Because anything prior to FDA approval or a big pharma partnership is still just a #$%$ shoot. And anyone that has invested in biotech or that "sure bet" oil play before... has gotten burned before... hence there's alot of nervous hands out there.
2) Part of it I'm sure is MMs walking the stock back and kicking lose the stop orders first at $4, than at $3.50 and if no news for a while... they can likely push it down to $2.99 and on a relatively thinly traded stock... that's relatively easy for the MM to do.
If you don't have the stomach or the cash you should get out. If you have the stomach and the cojones... and you feel real positive about the data that came out... then IF it's approved or there's a partnership... then those people will likely make a LOT of money. Definitely NOT a ride if you are likely to ever get sick on roller coaster. Good luck whatever ride you happen to be on.