When the market goes up like today and Gencor is flat, it is an easy buy because you know what their market returns are. Based on the 400 pt move today, Gencor really has about $10.50 per share now.
Seriously. You spend this much time on this board when your stock represents a fraction of 1% of your portfolio? I am exactly at 3% which is a decent chunk and about the maximum recommended on any one stock but if I had a fraction of 1% I wouldn't even bother reading this board.
Carl wouldn't work like that. He would build a position over several months then announce that he had taken a 10% stake in TC and would push for some sort of deal to generate a short term pop in the price (merger, refinance, something)
That type of action is what made me bail on both AVNR and VNDA. Both went on to triple and quintuple. I got impatient and lost out.
I was in AVNR in the $3s and sold in the $4s. Sad.
Gimme $5/share before Jan 17, 2015 when my $2 calls expire and I will sing your praises from the highest mountains in my area (which is pretty high as I live close to Rainier)
People are desperate to exchange rubles for something that holds some value...even cheap furniture.
Imagine if there were a metal you could purchase that would hold some value across all world currencies if your particular currency failed. Wouldn't that be something!
I would at least hold the stock to see what they do with EC1456. It really is not fantasy to think the stock goes up 200% overnight on outstanding news. Yes it would hurt to lose $2 a share from this level but missing out on $12 a share profit would not be happiness either
I would take $5 right now with gladness. In a few years when they have paid down the debt I will want a lot more than $5 per share.
Still say be cautious, and don't even whisper the word ATM.
Enjoy the holidays!
Guess he is trimming his mother's hedges.
That is the extent of his hedge fund.
Short Seadrill at $11 you say?
I think you were short at $11 saying a 90% chance of it falling a lot more?
Do both of you have that much confidence in metal prices? Even if we believe the management is on the right track (and closing Endako plus firing useless upper management was correct) there is still the unknown of gold and copper prices.
I just don't have the stomach to go all in here. I will keep my 30k shares and be happy when it gets back to $3. If oil can go from $110 to $55 in a few months, copper could go from $3 to $2 in a similar manner. All it would take is a global recession.
I still rate TC as a strong buy at this level if you have no stock currently. I just caution getting overexposed to metals.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Do you need the loss for tax reasons? Probably you could buy it back before any announcement but if (and it is a pretty big if) this goes up, it is going up big. $20 a share easy on very good news.
If no news, it stays around $4 to $6 and if bad news it probably still stays around $3 or $4.
Worth a bit of a gamble IMO.
But gold is going to $800, or $5, or free, or something like that. Only 14 more days left for it to hit the GS $1050 price target. Any bets?