This little bustard ipo his stock in US, became a multi-billionaire overnight and now he is bad mouthing USA saying we should not worry about China. This little roach doesn't know that 21st century economies are interwoven; we live in a globalization era in which economic stability is tied to each other. Wall Street needs to teach this little sneaky dragon a lifetime lesson and remind him that US rules.
I am a proud American citizen and will short this little b$&ch as much as I can.
Sentiment: Dump this Chinese ADR garbage.
Now that he couldn't make money on the upside, he will incite fear and make money to the down side of apple. It's all about MONEY to him and people are falling for it. SAD!!
First, he said "he is hedged more than ever." Second, he said he would release a video the next day. Waiting incites fear and he knows it very well. Why couldn't he say all that when he releases the video? He is inciting fear in installments......for longevity.
If you have lost a lot of money and want to recover, the only way i see is to buy bunch of call options right before earnings. This stock is so overly shorted and the expectations are super low. If woodsman manage to report a blowout quarter, the stock will fly atleast 20%.
Goldman says option market is expecting a giant move, positive or negative, this week. Buckle up, for now it seems to be a negative move.
Why does anything that AAPL does gets a bad reception? Every instance apple release anything, the stock tanks first and then recovers later, as if wall street just hates everything apple does.
Name one company which have sold 13Million phones in 3 days? People are splitting hair here.
AAPL is one of the few stocks on NASDAQ that's hold up pretty well today. It's a good place to hide on such bad days.
The momentum is building up in the stock. So far two positive news--1) Cooks saying the sales in China is great and 2) Iphone 6S sold 13MM and broke all previous records. The stock will turn green as soon as the VIX subsides.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
After Icahn's comment, i am assuming a lot of big players are scrambling to further hedge their positions, hence the VIX is not sagging. It appears that we shall see VIX again in mid to high 30s, if not in forties.
The one thing that's sending seismic waves in the market is the plunge in commodity prices. Breakdown of commodities is an early sign of coming recession.
This could very well be a lifetime opportunity to enter AMBA at this cheap. The additional cash flow from the recent acquisition will kick in, i believe, in 2017. I believe in AMBA growth story but the stock paints a different picture.
The good news is that institutional ownership is at 50% and major players such as, blackrock, Northern Trust, Wells Fargo, Canadian Capital Management, Vanguard, Coatue Management, Morgan Stainley and State Street opened positions in AMBA stock in 2nd Qtr of 2015. With such good backing, the stock has good chance of going back to $100. These big guys will not sell until they churn 10-20% profits. The longs (big players) are much bigger and stronger than shorts, so hang tight. AMBA will recover.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
A growth company would need the capital more than a matured company. A growth company would never buy back because that capital is better used for the expansion of the company. When the cost of capital of a company becomes greater than the hurdle rate, which happens in mature companies, then it's better to disburse the funds through dividend or do buy backs.
Another point to be noticed is that GPRO has no new product for the holidays. This is what killed the stock because the sales will be stagnant. Adding oil to the fire, China worries came into equation. So GPRO will be in this rout for some time.
What i meant to say is that the stock hasn't stabilized yet. It is still trying to find a solid footing from where it can spring back up. The high PE or higher PE than other "chip stocks" is the issue. The stock is in correction territory and it may get corrected to 12x PE ratio. The overall market sentiment is bad and hence it is highly likely that it may test 12x PE.
3) He claims one of the highest salary in corporate world. This is very unacceptable from the shareholders' standpoint as the fat salary would directly impact the top line revenues of the company. So the shareholders are in it for a gamble while CEO collects fat salaries year after year.
I agree that AMBA is a growth stock but that growth is slowing down. They really have to report a blow out earnings 360 degrees in order to stay at current levels. The short interest is there for a reason. Over the years of investing i have come to learn that shorts are must smarter than longs. They are more right than wrong. Trade with caution.
Woodman has done something that not many CEOs do or have done:
1) He has absolutely no skin in the game. In other words, when GPRO was ripping higher @ $70+ he cashed out his entire stake from the company, including his father. How many CEOs have done that? He has no financial incentive anymore for the success of his company. He is only a glorified employee of GPRO. Him working 15 hrs a day doesn't make any difference. When AMZN ripped higher, people were counting how much Jeff Bezos made in a day. Woodmans left a big scar on GPRO.
2) He did several secondary offerings. Basically he baited the shareholders to pay for his extravaganza spending, bonuses and fat salaries. He has not added any value to the shareholders equity. Most of the shareholders are under the water as we speak.
There is no reason why shareholders should have faith in GPRO. However, the stock does appear to have stabilized for the time being. Wall street is going to watch the next earnings report and decide the fate of this company.
Sentiment: Strong Sell
The 30% short interest has been around since the stock was in 30s, 40s & 50s. So, in order for the trapped shorts to bail, the stock will have to fall to those levels so they can cover. This is the beginning of pain. The fact that the stock fell $70 and still hasn't stabilized says a lot about where it's heading.
It appears that the stock is going to get a 12x PE, like other "chip stocks." AMBA can't be even compared to Intel and it's got higher PE than that of Intel's. AMBA really have to diversify else get ready for $40s, $30s & $20s.
This stock is trading like there is no tomorrow. Believe it or not but this is not purely shorting. A lot of institutional buyers are unwinding their large positions in GPRO. This is a systemic selloff. There is no bottom. Only a blockbuster ER can save this stock now.
Instead of ranting, try to ask politely and somebody here will answer. Here is why i thiink AMBA is doing better than GPRO and i could be wrong, so take it as a grain of salt.
1) A big chunk of GPRO revenues come from China. At this point, slowing China = Lower GPRO revenues = lower share price. However, AMBA doesn't have much China exposure = China slowing has minimal effect on AMBA. Please somebody correct me if i am wrong.
2) GPRO camera tech has a lot of competitors. There is one is china (can't think of the name) which sells sports equipments for 1/2 the price. AAPL, biggest threat to GPRO, is expected to release a GPRO competitive camera in iphone with a stick, hence no need to shell out $300 for HERO4. AMBA has no such immediate threats. AMBA's tech is not unique but there are very few potential competitors, hence less impact to its share prices.
There is nothing wrong with GPRO or its ability to generate revenues. However, investors are panicked due to slowing China and hence dumping their shares. I sold my shares @ $50 and i am glad i did because when fear sets in, the bottom falls off. Time and consistently beating earnings expectations will surely heal the great damages inflicted to GPRO. Till then, try to stay on sidelines and see if you can catch a bottom.
This is bad news for sure that the market is gyrating and AMBA is negative already. The stock is trading weak, which means it has some downside before it bounces. The buyers are not comfortable at this level.