Iroquois Capitol Jumps on the management shake-up movement. Haywood is quickly gaining alignment to take this over and steer the ship. Good news for shareholders, bad news for current leadership.
Funny you mention that.... I owned a boatload of shares in HGSI when it got bought out by GSK and it is trading very similar....just don't think thrx management are ready to sell... But Hey, maybe their is more to the delay in separation than meets the eye..perhaps it is deliberate to buy time to close a deal... Wishful thinking I know....GLTU
either this is being held down or the over-riding sentiment regarding the impending separation is negative at best. How else do you explain this action? Still struggling to hold $27... on the positive side.. opportunity for me yesterday to double my holdings at $26.50 average which is always nice... never thought i would see $26 again...
I do see the value in its' growth, however, growth without profits and growth with negative cash flow is out of favor right now with the market and given VMEM is in the midst of a turn-around, they are not going to get the premium they might otherwise deserve. I will get on board when it either hits a price that makes it too attractive to pass up or the results show enough improvement to sustain a long steady upward movement. If it costs me more, so be it, not worried about pennies and in this market i feel no sense of urgency to buy.
Sadly I am not short as the quick move to $5 in March made for the perfect set-up and a tidy 30% gain. As I indicated previously, I prefer to spend my time and energy finding companies I want to own ( at the right price) vs companies I want to bet against. I agree that VMEM is certainly not a "momo" stock but until the financial metrics improve and the new management can demonstrate that their turn-around plan is gaining traction it is a "speculative" buy at best and in this kind market they are the first to go regardless of comparative statistics. The whole technology sector got ahead of itself and even though stocks may start to look more attractive relative to their previous valuations, these valuations were never sustainable so it is not really a fair or accurate comparison. I continue to monitor VMEM because of how poorly it performed post IPO and its current valuation. Unlike many, it never got ahead of itself and It is my belief It is much closer to a fair valuation than many other technology stocks that have fallen sharply in the last 4 weeks but still have much more room to fall. At this point it has nothing to do with VMEM, the market will dictate which direction it goes.
still waiting patiently to accumulate below $3.... not sure if we will get there or not but it is sure trying hard .... this news helps me IMHO.. i think them becoming passive actually hurts the stock in the ST as it removes another ST catalyst.... is today's head fake for real or simply a tease.. time will tell but if the sell off continues you can be 100% certain that VMEM will be ahead of the curve....negative cash flow & negative earnings with no chance of either turning positive within the next 24 months has surprisingly fallen out of favor.. who knew
agreed… it is called negotiations… they were trying to leverage their size to get more favorable terms in the settlement and NEPT would not budge… so they now plan to fight the patent claims… unless both sides come back to the table…. this just means it drags out longer now…. i am interested in anyones opinion on the March 24th ruling that they reference in the PR… no doubt skewed to support their POV but a concern for me nonetheless…
Started to nibble today at $30....assuming the bio sector recovers....
cheaper now than pre approval.. how crazy is that? and almost 25% below where GSK was comfortable buying at... if not for the overall BIO implosion I would be loading up... willing to risk missing the bottom in order to see some stability in the BIO market first
equity.. still holding tight? crazy action... i sold out when it pushed over $40 and have traded in and out a bit but have held off building another position in THRX... if i had i would have been underwater as I would have never guessed we would be approaching pre approval PPS.... now it makes me wonder how much lower they can take it... waiting to see what happens if it breaks $30 today... it will trigger a massive stop loss I suspect so it could drop quickly to $29.50... GLTU
good luck with that when the PPS is now currently $4.80.... i have no doubt they were planning on raising funds and I suspect that $5 was likely the magic number to generate interest and to create a compelling investor opportunity given that it was trading well above $6 prior to the filing. If you recall it got hammered late day when news leaked of the filing and the 8K was filed end of day. Their timing could not have been worse with the BIO sell off. Now they either hold off and wait for the PPS to recover ( if it does ) or go now and adjust the offering price below where we sit and or settle when this massive sell off stops. The good news is I think they delay now and wait for the PPS to recover,.
that is why it is vulnerable right now IMHO.. NO ST catalyst, the risk of dilution now hanging overhead and major sales headwinds in the front half of 2014 due to distributor re-set, sales revamp as per CC. Not much to get excited ST and so with the BIO sell-off, CERS is more vulnerable than others.. I am a buyer.. still trying to figure out when to begin accumulating...would like to see the overall BIO sector stabilize first..
Hasn't happened yet but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened in this calendar fiscal. Bruce is no dummy and has no intentions of selling the company too early when its' valuation couldn't possibly approach what the size of the market opportunity is but he has alluded to the fact on the last 2 CC's that he is open to " strategic / joint partnerships". Why would somebody be interested in DMRC? Two compelling reasons IMHO. It would be categorized as a low risk / high return investment as the downside from here is minimal whereas the upside is enormous if DMRC does become the underlying technology that facilitates the Internet of Everything, or IOE as they like to describe it, so any investment now could see a significant ROI on the invested capitol. For me this is secondary, the primary reason is to secure access to the technology and to influence who DOES NOT get it. So much of what is going on right now is a bit of an arms race with all of the Big Guys trying to become the internet of everything and now that the DMRC technology has advanced far enough & become more transparent and the applicability more visible, somebody might be tempted to align strategically with DMRC to gain competitive leverage. Who might this be? Could be a financial institution, much like MasterCard announced with Monetise yesterday, Could be 1 of the IOE Big Guys who could accelerate the adoption significantly ( Google, Apple, Ebay , etc ) could be a major Packaging company, etc... Idle time on my hands as I look away from the market today and just sharing my POV. Could be more than 1. What will be more intriguing is based on the investment what the valuation will be? Food for thought.
Flip.. I stand corrected.... you are right, I knew Monetise was involved but wasn't sure which financial institution they partnered with. Now I am even more curious what they are accelerating and if DMRC is at all involved. It feels like it is all inter-connected IMHO, part of a broader Master Plan that will play out over the next 18-24 months. You need a Global Financial Partner / Service Provider to create scale ( MasterCard / Monetise- check) ... you need a Global Technology Leader to make it easily accessible across multiple devices & platforms ( QualComm - check) and you need a unified, secure, standardized technology solution that can be fully leveraged throughout the product lifecycle / shoppers journey ( check - DMRC )... And coincidently they have all recently announced they are working together on a next generation payment / digital wallet solution. Hmnnn... ( MasterCard notwithstanding)
PR Today: Mastercard taking a minority investment in Monetise to accelerate the development of the digital wallet and digital payment solutions for financial institutions worldwide. Anybody know if this is a broader roll-out of the earlier PR that indicated that DMRC was the technology enabler behind their N.American pilot test. I have to assume they like what they see based on todays announcement?
Karl..... Can you share how you were able to dig it out..... I didn't see the ejs link / post.... Yahoo mb is brutal.. Thanks in advance
not on the DMRC website.. at least not that I could find... tried to google it and had now luck.. if you find a link and or way to find it let me know... love to listen in... CHEERS
Gregory.... Don't get defensive.... Just providing my own POV.... I still stand by my original comment... The fundamentals are flat out lousy and right now people are buying into either the promise of a turnaround or the eventuality of a buy-out, both of which would support further price appreciation... For your sake and all longs I hope you are right,,, I don't bet against companies and short, I prefer to focus my time and energy buying into companies I like. Time will tell whether this gets bought out or the turnaround is successful, I am willing to wait in the sidelines for either a better entry point or better indications the turnaround is working... Like I said earlier, it is a marathon not a sprint... GLTU