yeah, these battleground stocks are a pain in the rear to own. i'm switching my approach to top of the line stocks only. no more battlegrounds for me.
so how much credence can you give to either upgrades or downgrades based on 1 weekend of 1 carrier launch in one country. dumb. any of these moves are just traders moving it around in a range. the algo's buying at a certain point up to a point and then shorting it back down again. over and over till its over. once earnings come out, the algo's will adjust their range numbers and will start all over again.
the real demand will come when the q10 is released. the qwerty keyboard is the differentiator between bbry and the others. that is what will boost pps. but having a decent touch keyboard is important too and people will like the hub feature once they see it. i'm holding
looking forward to it. either way it will give us the info we need to decide. i think its going to be one of those 'less bad' situations and the stock will rally to 18.
Read "Dark Pools" by Scott Patterson. helps you get a handle on whats going on in the dark side.
wow, I think BBRY needs a new marketing head. that video of the band getting back together and singing that awful song is BAD and i'm a long shareholder. very strange, those canadians.
i'm not waiting to get in the stock, i'm all in, but I am waiting to get the q10 instead of the z10. and i agree others and the market are too. we just have to survive these roller coaster rides till then. or trade them if you feel lucky enough not to miss a big announcement. one of these times its not going to go back down.
its easy till its not. you're playing with fire on that one. too much good news going to come. i already see the media including it in their discussions again as if its a serious contender, which i think it is.
i do attempt to hold as long term investments however in these markets i swing trade and trade around a core position also. i've seen too many gains evaporate to not trade it sometimes. so far its been a good strategy for me.
well i bought in two trades on the way up and my last buy was at 64. never like to turn a gain, smaall as it may be, into a loss so before it breaches 64, i might want to sell half. don't get me wrong i like psx but my timing is not always the best. was thinking i might get a better price for my second half investment in the coming months.
but its dragging down the portfolio these past couple days. not really excited about the MLP spinoff either as I will sell it immediately since its in and IRA. so, eh, might just sell...
you obviously don't know buffet if you think this is true although one of his new guys might be the ones buying. they seem to be pretty good stock pickers according to buffet.