Well, they have an Middle East partnership and have announced that sales have commenced in EU. If these guys execute perfectly they could be running at close to breakeven by EOY. That would be an amazing feat.
Shareholder Shares Offered -- Shares Outstanding 95,210,329
Lockup Period (days) 180
Lockup Expiration 2/4/2014
Quiet Period Expiration 9/17/2013
They need to validate the platform thru a partnership. ZIOP as a company has a history of failing to commercialize any of the 3 small molecules that they worked on for over 7 years. All of the public info available re: Intrexon/ZIOP relates to very early stage projects. Not too many folks have been allowed behind the curtain so skepticism is understandable.
Very difficult to predict but I assume there may be more than one interested party. Sizable market especially if they get label expansion into oncology in EU. It is an interesting opportunity for the right partner. Perhaps do something broader than simply funding the US trial. I would love to see a deal in which US trial terms are agreed to and the partner also helps in EU expansion. Of course any partner looking to get that involved would also likely consider buying out the company in whole.
They currently hold a good chunk of CRMD (CorMedix--a very small medical device company). Interesting that a bond shop has become an activist equity player over the last year or so.
price action. Hopefully Mr. Market knows something we don't. I am betting that we soon get news on the label expansion and potential litigation. Partnering is the wild card. These types of discussions can drag on for months or move forward in a blink if the counterparty feel that the FDA pathway is relatively clear. Also very interested to know how the Middle East venture is progressing. Do they expect sales short term from this region or will we need to be a bit more patient.?
Very compelling risk to reward ratio in CRMD. Much good can happen over the next 3-6 months. Honest management team that is executing. Valuation is still very modest in light of market opportunity in EU. If they get a decent FDA partnering deal, this is stunningly under-valued.
Perhaps label expansion or some other event will convince the buyer that Milby and Co. are for real.
maybe label expansion, maybe additional deals in non-EU countries, maybe clarification of FDA trial design, maybe a partner for same, maybe initiation of IP lawsuit.
I bought a few @ 2.30 today. Crossing my fingers that we see label expansion news prior to end ogf Q1. That could cause us to resume the leg up.
I added a few yesterday and today. Agree. Stock is cheap by many measures. Hopefully we see something in label expansion soon. Ever more hopeful that we see partnering on US trial sometime this quarter.
I think these guys are trying to clean up cap table and create some room for whomever is trying to build a position. I am surprised that we have not seem any Form 13 filings yet. Not sure if today's price action found a short term bottom or not. I bought a few @ 2.19 and a few more @ 2.21. Let's see.
and/or progress on the label expansion at some point in Q1. The biggest factor (of course) will be the size and scope of FDA trial partnership. The right partner could add a lot to the mix outside of the U.S.. Fingers and hooves crossed.
I think trial details will depend on the partner. Will it be a straight dialysis trial or something perhaps something with other arms as well(oncology etc.) Again, it all depends on who they decide to go to the dance with. Hopefully the US partner is able to lend some heft in EU/Asia fight. With the right partner they could really ramp up sales while the trial is enrolling and maturing.
My predictions are now tracking at 100% for the new year. Time to quit!
I just went thru the SEC site and no filings aside from a proxy. odder and odder