You should be cautious and only buy 302 more. That way you're at a nice round number and it will be easy to calculate how much you've made. BTW, so glad to see you don't own shares of VVUS.
Mr. Common Nonsense is the kind of loser that would trust Consumer Reports on a car review over Road & Track, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Autoweek, etc. The same reason the fool claims to be listening to them here.
Wish I could say one way or the other. It seems they have been making plenty of deals, however, I don't know that those necessarily pay out until they have been completed. They could be lining up a lot of future cash influx. What's crazy is that for all their widespread service they aren't a more commonly heard name and their market cap is comparatively miniscule. Bigger companies are missing the boat by not snatching up Boingo while it's still small. Patience will be rewarded with this one.
This company's stock obviously hates good news. They made the announcement about Rosemont and now a new one about Dubai so the stock has to tank. Maybe, just maybe, they are talking buyout with someone and that someone wants a bunch of cheap shares. Yeah, we wish!
Last Friday, Vanda Pharmaceuticals announced FDA approval of their drug Hetliozt just before 2pm and trading was not halted. We might get similar action today (or we might not). Would definitely prefer before closing bell!
I like your comments. Truth is that I have been playing with fire trying to make money in the pharma sector. I've had a mega hit with ACAD from late 2012 into last year but had all that wiped out by mega bombs with CLSN and DCTH. Although I'm on the plus side with VNDA, I missed their explosive growth up from $6 there at the ADCOM meeting. I think I need to stick with sectors I understand better or where I can find more information to improve my so called "due diligence".
Here's my insight - VNDA has been falling steadily since the intraday high of $12.95 on January 3rd. Trading on that day along with the 6th and 7th pre-dated and had no relationship to something said by your analyst yesterday. I'm peeved because unlike a month ago when I sold short and wanted it to go down, I was dumb enough to buy in last week anticipating a pre-FDA runup. Tell me to shut up and be patient.
Starting to get that uneasy feeling this has no climb left in it. ADCOM was so lopsided that folks may already see FDA approval as a given. Share price just wallowing back and forth. Wouldn't be the first pharma to drop in price after positive FDA announcement. Beware!
Could someone please tell me who in their right mind is propping up this putrid POS?? This piece of manure should have been at $30 by now. Instead we've got buyers pushing it back toward $33 or more. Now I have to decide whether to bail now and sell short again or hold until the hideous holiday sales numbers and another negative quarter is announced.
I'm actually short right now from $35. I'm expecting to see $27-28 on either poor holiday sales or less than stellar 4th Q earnings before covering. That would be my buy window.
Analyst Ratings Network reports ANF downgraded all the way from Buy to Sell. See link under Yahoo ANF Market Pulse. Maybe we can break $30 before the end of the year??
Like you point out, it depends heavily upon where you bought in. If I had bought in somewhere in the 20's, I might well set $30 as my exit point and look to buy back in after the "less than favorable" retail numbers and 4th quarter results play out. If however my entry point was in the 30's, I'd be bailing out right now before the share price got any lower. Congratulations on your short profit. There are more folks opening up short positions today convinced ANF is heading for the 20's. I opened my short position at $35 and would like to cover at $25-27, but am prepared to do so sooner if it appears to hit bottom for awhile.