You are correct. McMinn is now the Chief Strategy Officer @ Intercept Pharma. Her comments on any Biotech stock carried a lot of weight.
Medtronic mega buyout of Covidien will ignite the Healthcare sector in general tomorrow.
Predict ACHN will be green at day end.
mets1p and others,
We have our conviction and we will stick to it just like the deserving longs in Idenix. I do miss the days when this board is dead so only those who still believe in the Company can post some pertinent info. After all why do 'they' name this finance board 'The' Yahoo Board!. And by definition, it means Rude, Loud or Stupid! LOL.
We need to be patient. The pull back today is healthy and expected after 2 days of Huge run-up. We have two main catalysts coming. The SVR4 data for 8 weeks treatment naive for patients infected with HepC 1b will be released this summer ( Trial using Gilead's Sofosbuvir+Ach-3102 ). The biggest deal would be around AASLD time in November when we truly know the Efficacy of Achillion 's Nucleotide Prodrug Ach-3422. If the POC data shows a clean profile and is as potent as Sofosbuvir; this stock would really attract some serious interest by big pharmaceutical companies. If you are in for the long haul, stock price fluctuation is to be expected. It won't bother me at all.
Looking forward to this Summer when SVR4 data will be released. Achillion has started the Pilot Trial in April combining Gilead's Sofosbuvir with 3102 for 8 weeks. Should they include Patients who exhibit all 6 baseline mutations and the cure rate was to be 100%.....then watch out Shorties. Fair warning!
Let say a deal was to Happen over the week-end that some Pharma is offering the same amount ie 3.85 billion to acquire Achillion, same as Merck paid for Idenix. With 96.8 million shares outstanding, that would be 39.773 bucks per shares. Another scenario, if the amount offered was to be 2.85 billions the that would be 29.442 per share.......Of course, this is highly speculative!
But something for Shorts to think over each and every week-end.
IDX214437 still in Phase I but they have done the 28 days tox studies.....Good enough for Merck to buy them out. Ach_3422 is not too far behind Idenix's lead compound.
Like I stated any suitor would wait to see the Data on proof of Concept then again I could be wrong. Right now, I am just Happy with where we are. Not selling one single share so the gyration in price won't bother me a bit.
At any time now, I expect to receive alerts showing who are the big buyers since yesterday and today.
Expect Baupost Fund to be in this stock after they cash in Huge Win on Idenix.
This is what the Public knows regarding 3422:
14 Days Animal Toxicity studies Done ✓
Low Potential for Mitochondrial Toxicity ✓
Negative AMES Tests ✓
28 Days Animal Tox studies On Going
Phase I Proof of Concept just started.
Mitochondrial Toxicity is the most feared for any Company developing 'Nucs' based therapy.
Of course any suitor will wait for 3422 POC as they don't want to run into another Inhibitex's Failure bu BMS. But for Merck; they saw the 28 days Tox studies of Idenix and said 'That was good enough'.
Personally, selling the Company at this point would not return the full potential to Investors. From now till summer and Fall; there will be more News Releases. First the Pilot trial combining Gilead's Sofosbuvir with Ach-3102 but I think the biggest thing will be the Data on 3422 in the Fall coinciding with the 2014 AASLD event in Boston.
Momentum is back into this stock. All thanks to Merck buying Idenix and revive the HepC Sector and its developers. My Break even point as posted months ago was 4 bucks. I am Holding firm to those shares.
I admire your Honesty and Style........Boy, I do miss the days where this board was so quiet you can hear a pin drop. Please read some of the Debates in the message boards and you will see why this stock has more legs than others would think. The Hold last year on 1625 dropped the pps 68%. For the last 2 days, it hasn't recovered those Losses. Yet Achillion is a much different company nowadays. The Compound 3102 by itself is worth more than 5 bucks in my opinion.
Good Luck to you!
Can't predict anything. But one thing for sure, if the FDA decides to lift the Hold on Sovaprevir; this will surely return Institutions confidence in the stock and pave the way to collaboration or right out take over. Remember IDIX's pipeline has its own problem with the FDA yet Merck is confident enough to pay 3.85 billions.
From today until summer, there will be many releases on the progress of Achillion's own pipeline. The Synergy between Solvadi and Ach-3102 would add more value to this stock.
June is here!. First thing first; the Hold on 1625 needs to be lifted and I believe it will for Achillion is using the Data from the APASL ( Trial results from -007 ) in the package submitted to the FDA for consideration. Feel a lot better Holding long term.
Shorting with Monopoly Monies doesn't Count!LMAO.
Good to hear from you Wobatus. Hope everything goes well with you. Just sold another 1k @99.86.
With this rate, I will be all out soon. Take what the Street gives me. What a Ride it has been!!!