Value, was just going to post something on the go shop period. But thanks for the reminder. Yes... it seems that this will happen, we should get a PR around end of June early July that most likely no add'l offers were received and deal will happen as outlined.
Seems like everytime I want to post something of length, Yahoo says an error has occurred. Let's see if this goes thru.
Agreed, at least .20. All profit. This WILL happen in Q3 or Q4, depending on when they can sell them and market prices. This will happen every year too. THe stock price should be $2 just on the credits. Don't forget they have a $100M business.
Hey Dave...i've been quiet, not much going on here. Waiting for earnings at end of month. I agree, Q1 will probably not light the world on fire but they may announce something pre earnings about orders, just a hunch. I'm hoping for $15 by end of 2013 not 2014--LOL.
on their new bldg. Very quiet from the boys from Long Island. Earnings report by end of month. Not sure how the qtr will shape up.
This is crazy. Has anyone ever seen ANY company have so may law firms come out of the woodwork on a acquisition? BTW, EBIX never settled the last round of lawsuits when the first short hit piece tanked the stock. Those are still outstanding, now they have these to deal with.
in Q1, I saw there was an increase in authorized shares and a reverse split approved at annual meeting. Any ideas of what the reverse split might be or when it will happen? Also, what is the number of o/s shares?
Let's not get carried away here and throw around the words terrible, unexcuseable failure (what ever that is), major concern. I will agree that IR could be doing a better job. HOw's that. If you don't want to hang on to the stock, sell it. This is RR's management style. The week someone notices GWRE does't put out a PR on a new client, the stock will start dropping. Go back to past releases and interviews to know how EBIX gets clients and how long the cycle is before it start generating revenue.
ON a side note... RR's team should spend some time to speak with the large holders (couple dozen?) and see who is short, find out why and talk to them about it directly. There isn't 11M shares short by individuals!
Quote from earnings release: Additionally, order acceptance levels were purposely reduced to approximately $8,342,000 in order to maintain a more manageable backlog level during the transition into the new facility.
My question is, for what period of time is the 8.342M in orders for? Is it for Q4 or the year? Most of the year, they worked down backlog. I don't think they mentioned what the backlog was as of 12/31.
Well, CVV mgnt released the report in the afternoon of april 1st. THey are what they are and I think most longs are glad to get this behind us. Sales of about 3M for the qtr and small income (if i recall) before the loss on the sale of the bulding. In the report was the first time I felt mgnt explained what went on for the last 6 months with the transition. It took too long. Now....Q1 is done too and probably won't be great although CVV isn't losing money, probably small profit, exlcuding an gain on sale of the building. Q2 and Q3 are where they need to start showing the power of the new facility and I'm sure they are working hard on getting orders and getting used to the new plant. I think the stock price will fluctuate btwn 9-11 until the eventual announcement of new orders and then we bounce up.
Hang in there longs.
"Why such trouble reporting on time?" This is the question....this board has had this discussion before and if my memory is correct it was concluded that "on time" for the size and type of company CVV is, would be 90 days after year end. Having said that it is now the 91st day and the SEC may think this is late. Very surprised at this.
Cesmith.....I happen to agree with you on the earnings, probably ho hum as far as operations go. The real issue here, as we all know, is the potential for much higher levels of business with the new facility. I'm am confident that new orders will be announced after everything is moved in, operating up to speed (this is taking longer than I expected, to be honest) and the old building finally gets sold (gain on sale!!). Also, let me just add that in anticipation of an average Q4, I expect the stock to react negatively and possibly drop to the $8-9 again. FYI, at that point i will load up again. I already have thousands of shrs as low at $3 but am willing to add more because the possibilities are so compelling.