MBA Research Commentary, April/2013...(Joel Kan)
Small portion of his commentary, has opinion of HARP extension to 2015;
"..The refinance index was at 4,383 in March, and has been above the 4,000 mark
since May 2012 when mortgage rates first dipped below 4 percent.....refinance application volume has remained strong driven by rate-term refinances and HARP refinances. HARP refinances account for about 30 percent of all refinance applications and while we expect this share to fall as the number of eligible borrowers decreases, the extension of the program until 2015 will likely slow this decline.."
2 Stocks that have been headed in opposite directions for some time now. Stay on yahoo to overlay the 2-year charts of both stocks by hitting "compare". MNRK is up over 80% while HBKS is up 8%.
Why I don't like HBKS;
- Market Cap of only 29.5 million, owes Uncle Sam 7.8 million. Is this saying that the U.S. Government owns 26-1/2% of the company.
- Jumped out of TARP I and right into TARP II (SBLF)..then turned around and increased EXEC compensation 360K for 2012 alone. Mind you, 360K is just the increase amount, not total compensation. I would have sold out of HBKS the day that happened....It smells, IMO.
- Meanwhile, as the EXECs get this nice bump (why rush to sell the company, these guys got it made for running 5 branches);
1) Stockholders pay interest to Uncle Sam while none of the principal is getting paid off
2) The last 2 Qs were a disaster, losing $378,000 (MNRK had its 17th & 18th straight record Qs)
3) Deposits dropped compared to last Q (MNRKs deposits are 257% higher then HBKS, and growing q/q & y/y)
4) Branches are closing, will they retain all their customers? (MNRK is expanding)
5) Stock is illiquid....no volume.....OTC, wipes out 95% of investors (MNRK...Soon to join the Russell??)
6) Annualized return on average assets = DOWN (MNRK up)
7) Annualized return on average common equity = DOWN (MNRK up)
I could go on buth there's only so many hours in a day.
Lower then expected but was coming off an almost 5 year high....What you left out was that newly issued building permits, a gauge of future construction, rose 14.3 percent from a month earlier to an annual rate of 1.017 million, the highest level since June 2008.
Additionally, permits for single-family homes, which comprise about two thirds of the total, rose 3 percent to a 617,000-unit rate, the highest since May 2008.
Just guessing, but I think the next designated Foie Gras Point is $12......9% higher then last months $11 Foie Gras Point.....
On trading volume that was 6.2% higher then the 3 month average........Liking what I've seen since proudly joining the MNRK shareholder ranks........Retracement is due.....but healthy for MNRK.
What Are Retracements? Retracements are temporary price reversals that take place within a larger trend. The key here is that these price reversals are temporary, and do not indicate a change in the larger trend.
LMAO.....huddled up about 4 people at work to show them this one....sad indeed....was the laugh of the afternoon...thanks!!!!
Yeah, you're right, moron....smart money would ignore thriving, record breaking company's and prefer those that have horrible earnings reports, closing branches, strapped to TARP II, core deposits DOWN, etc.....LOL
Don't listen to this MORON......He's 100% in a dog stock, HBKS, but like a creeper goes to other message board to be a pain in the #$%$......sad life, really....anyway....check out HBKS...pathetic!!
Are you a mental midget????? I'm convinced that you're a moron cause you prove it all the time..........IT'S NOT ABOUT THE STOCK PRICE BUT ABOUT MARKET CAP, #$%$!
zzzzzzzzzzzz....go back to your HBKS and play with yourself there......just cause you own a dog in HBKS doesn't mean you have to bother others...
DOg is clueless.....Likes HBKS, it's the only thing he owns....check them out & go to that message board......
Not sure why I waste my time with you.#$%$ off after this.......For the 3 months ending 3/31/13 as filed with the SEC......again, JUST the last 3 months;
New positions - 508,889 shares
Increased positions - 142,882 shares
Sold out positions - 114,629 shares
Decreased positions - 10,115 shares
NET = Positive 527,027 shares
Want to bet what the 3 months ending 12/31/12 looked liked? Want to bet what the next 3 months will look like?
Again, #$%$ off!
Dog announces that another company (not his) has news to report. Indeed, another company is actually doing something!!!!!
Parade is in order!!! Lets head to TheDump!!