Tue, Oct 21, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 2 hrs 35 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Trius Therapeutics, Inc. (TSRX) Message Board

markak1515 31 posts  |  Last Activity: Oct 20, 2014 9:33 AM Member since: Apr 15, 2005
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Cytokine

    by darkroast33 Aug 7, 2014 12:50 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Oct 20, 2014 9:33 AM Flag

    It looks like the most advanced ebola vaccine is an adenovirus expressing an ebola surface glycoprotein...don't believe Thermovax would work with a live virus vaccine.

  • Reply to

    Cytokine

    by darkroast33 Aug 7, 2014 12:50 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Oct 17, 2014 10:44 AM Flag

    I wasn't saying they should get into Ebola, but if they were going to do it, leveraging the Thermovax platform would be the way to go.

    I'm surprised the stock recovered so quickly from the dip to the $1.30s. I'm still waiting for the next round of financing to add to my position....

  • Reply to

    Cytokine

    by darkroast33 Aug 7, 2014 12:50 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Oct 15, 2014 9:34 PM Flag

    How exactly is SNGX going to mitigate cytokine storm? Straube is going to invent a new molecule? In CAR T therapy, the lethal effects of cytokine storm have been ameliorated by treating with tocilizumab, implying that IL-6 is the key "toxic" cytokine in the storm. It's an expensive drug though, dosed by IV infusion, which must be refrigerated, not something we can easily roll out to western Africa.

    I can understand making an argument for SNGX to get into Ebola but the more rational and realistic approach would be to develop a heat stable vaccine which could be easily distributed in Africa without the cold chain. This would not be a trivial undertaking, but SNGX could easily create a lot of hype and a 2X in the share price just by announcing they are working on it.

  • Reply to

    SGX230 a perfect fit!

    by darkroast33 Sep 24, 2014 4:25 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Oct 15, 2014 10:25 AM Flag

    These analyst price targets are completely ridiculous. Griffin is basically Randall Kirk's marketing arm. Vista I believe is paid coverage. This is not going anywhere near $7 anytime soon...that's just reality.

  • Reply to

    Cytokine

    by darkroast33 Aug 7, 2014 12:50 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Oct 15, 2014 10:24 AM Flag

    And your point is???

  • Reply to

    Slow Death

    by garyjc2 Oct 6, 2014 1:05 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Oct 9, 2014 6:46 PM Flag

    In 1 day, yes. In weeks or months, no!

  • Reply to

    Slow Death

    by garyjc2 Oct 6, 2014 1:05 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Oct 7, 2014 3:18 PM Flag

    I don't think anyone understands why the stock ran up to $3+ earlier in the year. My best guess is that when they were granted the Prosl patent, someone assumed that all of TauroPharm's revenue would instantly belong to CorMedix.

    If I were you, I would just look for a good opportunity to average down. If this moves to ~$1.50 again, I will definitely be a buyer. This is a solid story but will take some time to develop. I think if they get QIDP/fast track, that WILL translate into a significant bump in the stock price. Same with partnering. We could be looking at an FDA decision by end 2H 2016. Not that far away.

    In my opinion, risk of dilution is the only significant risk, and I don't see it happening. I think they settle the lawsuit and/or partner well before they run out of cash.

  • Reply to

    Slow Death

    by garyjc2 Oct 6, 2014 1:05 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Oct 6, 2014 7:28 PM Flag

    Gary - what exactly are you expecting here? This is all just noise created by low volume. The stock was $1.71 Sept 15th and it's $1.71 today so nothing is really changing short-term. In fact, it's basically been flat since April. They've made a lot of progress but revenue has sucked, so let's just say those two things cancel each other out and it probably is priced appropriately right now. There are numerous good things that could happen here, but no point in fixating on the day to day. This will move when they partner, or when they get QIDP/fast track, or when they settle the lawsuit, or when they release positive p3 data. If they fail to do these things, then it's a disaster, but the absence of any kind of news does not make this a failure. Cheer up. If you want a stock to trade and make a quick buck, I suggest you look elsewhere!

  • Reply to

    Zero volume? Is that right?

    by vegas_grandpa Sep 17, 2014 11:35 AM
    markak1515 markak1515 Sep 17, 2014 7:14 PM Flag

    Exactly, it's either a very bullish bet or they are just hoping the strike is reset. Volume was higher for the warrants today than the stock, which is odd.

    It's possible whoever is buying the warrants is hoping for settlement with TauroPharm in the next 6 months. That's the only potential event I see which could increase CorMedix revenue substantially and cause the price to move north of $5. If the lawsuit drags on for years, then I would say there is a 90% chance the warrants are worth $0-0.50 next March.

  • Reply to

    Zero volume? Is that right?

    by vegas_grandpa Sep 17, 2014 11:35 AM
    markak1515 markak1515 Sep 17, 2014 3:34 PM Flag

    No it was the $3.10 warrants that were adjusted down to $2.50. The $3.10 warrants were issued March 2014. These publicly traded warrants at $3.43 are from the IPO. They have not been adjusted.

  • Reply to

    Zero volume? Is that right?

    by vegas_grandpa Sep 17, 2014 11:35 AM
    markak1515 markak1515 Sep 17, 2014 11:50 AM Flag

    That is correct, now almost noon on the east coast, zero volume. Pretty amazing. The stock isn't halted.

    The even more amazing thing is that the warrants are showing 11,600 in volume, and they have a strike of $3.43 and expire in 6 months.

  • markak1515 markak1515 Sep 16, 2014 11:09 PM Flag

    yeah exactly, date not specified. It will not be 2014. Why would they increase the number of shares by 60+% in 3 months when the stock is at a 5 year low? Why would they get the loan if they were just going to dilute the hell out of this anyway???

  • markak1515 markak1515 Sep 15, 2014 11:35 PM Flag

    Dude, relax, they're not going to issue 45M shares. They will register a ton and use them when they need them or they may never use them. All the S1 is saying is that they're available. I agree with what gmeabrk said above. This is an incredible opportunity right here to buy cheap shares in a company that will be bought out if FDA says yes. This is how the big boys operate. Let the tiny companies like Guided take all the risk. Once it's approved as a triage device and clinics have some experience with it, GE or someone like GE will buy Guided, spend the money for the pivotal screening trial, and you will have Luviva in every women's health clinic in the country. The beauty of this opportunity is that even if FDA says no, Guided still has a growing business internationally with many markets still completely untapped.

    There is no other biotech out there right now with $1-3M in 2014 rev, FDA decision a few months away, and a $20M cap.

  • Reply to

    Question

    by wizdom3 Sep 15, 2014 10:34 AM
    markak1515 markak1515 Sep 15, 2014 7:18 PM Flag

    PATH=GAIN in lucky-speak

  • Reply to

    Does anyone find it odd.......

    by czar2558 Sep 13, 2014 3:01 AM
    markak1515 markak1515 Sep 13, 2014 10:58 PM Flag

    I agree, definitely odd to tuck good news into a Friday afternoon 8k. My guess is they will put out a PR next week, wrapped together with something else. Probably IND filing or label expansion.

  • Reply to

    Will someone

    by luckytrufflepig Sep 11, 2014 12:01 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Sep 11, 2014 5:48 PM Flag

    For now I can live with crickets as long as they don't wake up the bear. I have a feeling they might though...they're pretty dang loud.

  • Reply to

    New financing

    by wawallace Sep 10, 2014 4:57 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Sep 11, 2014 2:07 PM Flag

    They are simply betting that 69 days from now, the stock price will be higher than it is now, and they will not have to dilute as much. This is Gene actually looking out for longs. If the stock is still stuck at $0.35 then it won't pay off, but we only lose $140k. If the stock is even 5 or 10 cents higher, then it'll be worth it. Reading between the lines, I think it means they expect to have positive news in the next 70 days.

  • Reply to

    Why Luviva will succeed

    by cmm3rd Aug 20, 2014 1:49 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Aug 20, 2014 5:26 PM Flag

    I don't think a US-based company could accept Kalashnikovs given the current state of US/Russian relations, so probably poppy.

  • Reply to

    Why Luviva will succeed

    by cmm3rd Aug 20, 2014 1:49 PM
    markak1515 markak1515 Aug 20, 2014 2:22 PM Flag

    53 units sold to distributors as of 6/30. If that order comes through from the women's healthy system in Bangladesh it would more than double the number of units in use. Could happen in weeks according to Gene on the cc.

  • Worst case scenario they raise $6M at around $0.30 and issue 20M more shares. That puts the total count with warrants at a little over 100M shares. On FDA approval this is easily a $50M-100M market cap or $0.50-$1. Why would anyone not buy here? I bought at 0.38, 0.37, 0.36 and will continue to buy if it goes any lower. It's an easy double or triple if they get FDA approval. If they don't, then we're still looking at break even in 2016 based on the international business.

    $0.50-$1 is the worst case with FDA approval, the best case is that they only have to issue 6-8M shares here, let's say the share count is 80M and then the cap goes to $100M. $1.25/share.

    This is priced for complete failure - time to LOAD UP.

TSRX
13.63-0.05(-0.37%)Sep 11 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.