Wed, Jul 30, 2014, 3:44 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 5 hrs 46 mins

Recent

% | $
Click the to save as a favorite.

ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Message Board

marnis123 109 posts  |  Last Activity: 11 hours ago Member since: Jul 7, 1999
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Down 5 days in a row

    by eliconint 12 hours ago
    marnis123 marnis123 11 hours ago Flag

    eli- IMOS is a thinly traded stock that can easily go down if there is a seller wanting to get out [ and it works the other way also]... ..have to await the annoucement of the conversion formula to get so real action.....

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • marnis123 marnis123 13 hours ago Flag

    Just an observation- trading has been anemic for both IMOS and 8150 as of late. Looks like everyone has their bets placed and are awaiting the CC in two weeks.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • marnis123 marnis123 Jul 28, 2014 6:44 PM Flag

    caff- I do not think the anesthesia has completely worn off from your 3 hour back operation....it's 'iriot'....Fortunately i hear all went well and god luck when rehab starts.....

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    If you guys were wondering....

    by foggyswamp Jul 25, 2014 4:07 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 25, 2014 9:09 PM Flag

    jay- don't misinterpet what I say. I am only looking for the annoucement of the conversion formula. The process should be completed in first quarter of next year. My reasoning is that it would be malfeasance not to have the plan ready by the end of August. But you are correct that they have not been swift of foot in the past. We shall see in a couple of weeks.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    If you guys were wondering....

    by foggyswamp Jul 25, 2014 4:07 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 25, 2014 4:56 PM Flag

    the CC is onAugust 12th. Can management stall again? I am betting no they will not. There is no reason not to have the conversion formula in place ready to be vetted, voted on, whatever comes next. It is posible they may say something like the annoucement will be at the end of the month thereby not having to answer a hundred questions at CC. But we shall see.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    that's it?

    by ecoli00001 Jul 2, 2014 2:55 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 24, 2014 4:39 AM Flag

    eco= IMOS is still a thinly traded stock and even one determind seller can effect the price. I would believe that once the conversion formula is annouced [and I hope sooner rather than later- see a prior post] thar dynamic will change.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • marnis123 marnis123 Jul 22, 2014 4:06 PM Flag

    Speculating that by earnings or shortly afterwards [if they do not want to answer a million questions] the conversation formula will be annouced [ I will be right one of these times] in which case as Caff stated in a prior post we should get within 5% of the full value of the deal. Of course as liz pointed out it dpends on the 8150 price and that may depend on market condiitons. Not sure this helps.....one more thing- expecting a premium of some nature.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Sandisk? Really?

    by buy_buy_buy_123 Jul 17, 2014 4:12 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 21, 2014 11:11 AM Flag

    Caff- will this delay the private jet you were going to purchase?

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Sandisk? Really?

    by buy_buy_buy_123 Jul 17, 2014 4:12 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 20, 2014 2:49 PM Flag

    JW- just to be clear I was referring to the annoucement of the conversion formula not the closing date of the collapse of the corporate structure....

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Sandisk? Really?

    by buy_buy_buy_123 Jul 17, 2014 4:12 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 20, 2014 6:20 AM Flag

    Sean- sounds like a plan BUT our Caff is [and I hope I am not breaking the Hippa laws] undergoing some back surgery on Wednesday and may be out of action travel-wise for some unknown period of time[ have to wait and see]...For that reason and to 'see' the resolution of the IMOS story maybe next month let's hold off if possible on the [let's be optimistic] celebration and its pending date for a few weeks.......and I do hope to meet you under cheerful circumstances.....btw- been to the UK six times- it is awesome...where did you live in England?.....

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    pressure is building.

    by thierry_momber Jul 15, 2014 4:00 AM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 15, 2014 11:43 AM Flag

    not sure what all of this means but I figure it can only be a positive in the long run. I do not believe things have been thought out all that well since the reverse merger [I was against it and would have been buying back shares at under $1 all day]....but we are where we are and I think those with a little more patience will get a bump from here IMO and soon.....

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Suggestions on a fair conversion?

    by caffeine444444 Jul 3, 2014 3:32 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 10, 2014 4:24 PM Flag

    sean- that would be 'iriot'- that is my highest classification on my 4 point Marnis scale of stupid posters.... it goes moron, MO-ron, idiot, and the highest rank 'iriot' [ reseerved for those that it would be an insult to all idiots if called an idiot so that very select group reaches the 'iriot' designation as to not offend the idiots.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Fundamentals

    by jamcracker25 Jul 7, 2014 3:38 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 8, 2014 7:23 PM Flag

    incommunado for a a few days but I have one comment to add to the discussion. The purpose of this entire exercise is to collapse the corporate structure. As of this moment an untenable situation exists- IMOS controls 8150. This must be corrected as soon as possible. Management is trying to resolve [I believe] this problem with a 'grand bargin' that being reduce the share count of 8150 while making us happy [and 8150 shareholders happy also]. Don't forget we own 60% of the 8150 stock. If 8150 has to pay a premium so be it- they are a real money maker and will make up the difference soon enough and have teh added beenefit of a greatly reduced share count [a permanent situation]. And they cannot get that large amount of shares from anyone else. Also two separate entities are costly, time consuming and a pain. I think they have almost worked out the details and hopefully will ready for an annoucement sometime next month. I know discussions have been conducted between large holders and everyone says they will not accept a bad deal.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Suggestions on a fair conversion?

    by caffeine444444 Jul 3, 2014 3:32 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 4, 2014 4:59 PM Flag

    bama- yea, but they would be buying the 8150 shares at that high price you mentioned from....US!.....However, Generator's concern of a drop in the 8150 price is legitimate. That is my main concern at this point. The 8150 price is crucial. All will be fine if that price holds or goes up. Can that price be manipulated? Afterall, I believe that the 8150 shares are not that widely dispersed [maybe a reason for the anemic volume]. 8150 has a vested interest in 1] getting the deal completed and thereby gain control of 8150and 2] reducing their share count. The only way to accomplish that is to keep us happy.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Suggestions on a fair conversion?

    by caffeine444444 Jul 3, 2014 3:32 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 4, 2014 2:14 PM Flag

    bama- good idea except I do not think they can get the amount of IMOS shares they are looking for at a reasonable price. We know how thinly traded IMOS is.Imagine trying to buy 2 or 300M dollars worth of stock. If they could make a private deal with large shareholders but who wants to give up their shares with what we know is coming. IF management had not screwed up the buybacks of yesteryear [ or any year as most never happened] then we may have made some hay. No I think we are stuck with the current situation. As they say 'dance with the one who brought you.'

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Bank Loan Press Release

    by johnboywalton56 Jul 2, 2014 11:01 AM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 3, 2014 12:03 PM Flag

    Caff- we both have just stated the obvious. I just wanted to make it crystal clear to all on the board that the price of 8150 is teh crucial factor here. As for getting a special dividend as some are sugggesting it is six of one half a dozen of the other. For example if the dividend is $2 the share the price of IMOS stock will go down by a like amount. So IMO not important either way. Again- the price of 8150 is crucial and the annoucement of the conversion formula as speculated here as being in August hopefully will not be dealyed. And of course the formula itself is important and I suspect there will be some kind of premium or there will be opposition to the deal.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Bank Loan Press Release

    by johnboywalton56 Jul 2, 2014 11:01 AM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 3, 2014 11:01 AM Flag

    Caff- you are leaving out one crucial detail in your 'worse case scenario" post. Your calculations are dependent on the 8150 stock price. Obviously the deal is worth more if 8150 is 50 compared to 40. To shortcut your calculation for the unitiated just take the 8150 price and multiply by .65 and you get a real good aproximation at this time. To recap- the monies [stock and/or cash] we recieve in the conversion formula is very dependent on the stock price of 8150.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Ex Dividend

    by caffeine444444 Jun 29, 2014 6:42 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 2, 2014 10:38 AM Flag

    The news about the credit lines this morning solidifies some previous posts on the Board. As 8150 has plenty of cash I assume that the credit lines were established for the purpose of buying back their own stock [8150]. As there is only one place to go to buy back that amount of stock [IMOS] I again infer that all this will be part of a larger all encompassing deal in which we will receive some kind of premium. I agree with Caff that the annoucement of said deal will be annouced in August in conjunction with the annual meeting. The closing for regulatory approval will most likely bleed into the late first quarter of 2015. However just the annoucemnt of the conversion formula will create a pure arbitrage play and investors can then decide what is their best course of action. It has been a long slog but I suspect holding until at least August is the best play.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Ex Dividend

    by caffeine444444 Jun 29, 2014 6:42 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jul 1, 2014 3:13 PM Flag

    Caff- yes, and the proper use of the neologism.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Ex Dividend

    by caffeine444444 Jun 29, 2014 6:42 PM
    marnis123 marnis123 Jun 30, 2014 4:53 PM Flag

    Caff- that is looking like a good problem to have, but you are correct in seeking an experienced option player who has 'seen it all' so to speak...Sean looks like a good pick and JW may be another one to consult in detail....

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

IMOS
23.50-0.11(-0.47%)Jul 29 3:59 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Twitter, Inc.
NYSETue, Jul 29, 2014 4:04 PM EDT
El Pollo Loco Holdings, Inc.
NasdaqGSTue, Jul 29, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Windstream Holdings, Inc.
NasdaqGSTue, Jul 29, 2014 4:00 PM EDT