Maybe people were expecting a PR with 'dramatically positive' results from patient 1 after 90 days.
"With the exception of dramatically positive or negative results, we will look to communicate progress at appropriate medical or scientific forums."
Would you agree to have a brand new scaffold implanted in your spine if the doctors just said "We just want to see if it's safe"? I think this point is obvious.
You have to look at CTH.V: There were warrants exercisable at CDN $0.81 from April 2014 offering. I think someone has exercised them and sold shares. Nothing to worry about IMO.
Per last 10-Q there are 30.8M shares outstanding as of August 6, 2014 (6.5M Series A + 24.3M Series B). ASTY current market cap at $5.50 PPS is $169.40 million.
Agreed, technically these are free shares and the party is not over yet since we must still receive our BTX warrants!
Per last 10-Q there are 30.8M shares outstanding as of August 6, 2014 (6.5M Series A + 24.3M Series B). At $3.00 PPS market cap is $92.4M.
Ratio should be 1:1 and warrants are exercisable for a period of five years at a price of $5.00 per share. http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1572552/000114036113044395/forms1.htm
Great great news indeed! Now Geron will use the same data that Mayo Clinic submitted to the FDA asking hold removal on its own IND, IMO.
"It is rare to find a company with only a $69 million market cap with $26 million in cash and numerous near term catalysts." http://seekingalpha.com/article/2220423-stemcells-inc-expect-positive-trial-results-to-drive-the-stock-price-higher?uprof=44
You have to take count of currency conversion. Prices are expressed in Canadian Dollars. In U.S. Dollars, prices are US$0.59 for the offering and US$0.74 for the warrants.
It makes no sense to uplist right now (if ever this is allowed) just to risk delisting if PPS goes below $1.
Uplisting still pending, it will happen short term now that governance issues are cleared. A wonderful entry point today to play this catalyst IMO.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Jason Napodano: "NVIV now saying the 5-person pilot study will NOT be sufficient to gain approval under HUD. Larger, controlled, pivotal study will follow."
From today PR: "Consistent with FDA guidance, the Company then expects to conduct a pivotal study with a control group to obtain FDA approval to commence commercialization under a Humanitarian Device Exemption."
This is no good news indeed.