typiically small biotech executives do not give up control until there are just ashes left
their hubris blinds them and the executive pay without any attachment to producing success that is measured in the share price keeps them in place. I do not know this company that well but there are plenty that keep failing and raising more capital by selling depreciated shares. You need to raise capital after success when the market apprciates your value and not after a failure and the value is in the sewer.
does anyone know if these executives answer to the board or do they own it
Well the #$%$ roach class action lawyers are snooping.. that will scare potential investors.. now this company has lost the most promising potential near term revenue source... share holders and potential investors will be waiting for the other shoe to drop... share dilution. anyone want to guess when that will happen?
Since when does a public company not release a press release when it's value is reduced by 33% in one day. I would say what ever event that caused such a devaluation is worthy of a corp press release. Even though the event was caused by a licensed study by another company... it wiped out 33% and that is significant. Lets hear from the ones who are paid the big bucks to find and produce a FDA approval.
Its you again? I thought you would have learned your lesson last weekend. You know even a broken clock is correct once a day.
I might take the Crop's suggestion and purchase some new shares If and when ever I get my class action money. I will keep you posted.
If HUSA does some sort of merger I suspect that one of Crop's speculative moves which involves a private investment placement probably will happen.,,but at what price? Considering where we are... private investors would be in the drivers seat and they would expect/deserve a discounted price. With such a deal there will be several shells (variables ) to play with. The company's carry forward tax loss is worth some money and what ever that equates to is what some investor may end up with. Considering the lack of transparency with this company the existing share holder may find it difficult to determine who is getting what and if it is a fair deal. I have always wondered if we ever realized any gross profit from our existing domestic program (what oil revenues received from the operators minus what we paid for the concession). Either way I want this train to move out of the station. Considering this would be such a small deal and so many parties are motivated we should expect something happening sooner than later.. if not investors should expect us to fall into the same game we just ended. Pay the salaries and drain baby drain.
How resilient any share price appreciation will be is dependent on the news and how compelling the management delivery will be. If your base is close to 0.3/ share and you see a spike to 0.5- 0.6 ..how likely will it be that you wont cash out a good portion of your holdings. I suspect that many shares are held by speculators just itching to get out. Who could sneeze at a 50 to 100% profit. That exit will be congested and we will see a share price cap until we really see some real oil. I hope we have the news that can be verified and justify maintaining the risk that this company possesses.
Perhaps the notice filed in after hours notifying us of the class action dismissal will qualify as your expected news.
Will it matter in the short term. UCB owns the rights to Eprat for Lupus and most likely will only pay royalties when it is commercially successful. which will be years away.
One would think that the exchange would have to have and rrelease news as to why no bid or ask or shares available for trading. No news is not making me feel too good.
Does this company have more in the pipeline than its elusive Pepsi deal or is this a one horse race? Seems like this company should have other potential products in the works that would make a difference. Does anyone know of any?
It would be nice if we started to see some speculation build at this time and price (nice slow rise in share price without any news). I almost think it would be necessary for us to have a rise to show there are knowledgeable investors willing to take a risk on this company at this time. Without showing that convection any run up on real news will be less than if we had a nice run up. I for one would have more confidence. You know there are folks out there that have some intimate knowledge of what is about to happen before it is announced and that those folks would most likely start buy more at these levels.
Not often do you see large naked option volume most time it is just a component of a trading strategy.. ie a large short position is covering short term anticipating some market moving news ie clinical results. I suspect that is what is happening. I know if the cost for protection was acceptable I would use options as a short term hedge. Only insiders would have the balls to purchase large naked options positions and then they would be open for scrutiny. Any way someone is betting some market making news is imminent.
Of all my biostock holdings this one is acting most bullish and the chart is perhaps at an inflection point. I just purchased several more thousand shares as a short term speculation.
Options are a leveraged derivative of the underlying security that time degrades their value. . In exchange for the privilege of purchasing a share at a designated price in a specified time window the holder only pays a fraction of the face value. If some party is purchasing a large number of naked July options they are essentially placing a bet that the market price will exceed $7 plus the premium they paid for the option on the 3rd Friday of July (expiration date). Each option represents 100 shares so if someone purchased 2000 options then they represent 200000 shares. This is not the whole story since many traders use options has a hedge against other positions in the company. It is not telling us much unless you know these are naked and not hedged.