1. Contrary to common sense, stock split will increase value of stocks. We often naively think that 100 shares of $100 stocks have the same value as 200 shares of $50 of the same stocks after split. To the big institutions, stock split reflects the management has confidence that the stocks $ will rise.
2. Managers often do not want the stocks to have low value because they do not want to be the CEO of a penny-stock-company. Low stock value also can cause the overhead to go up as the company needs to handle more number of investors. Another problem is that some companies offer perks to stockholders.
3. There are exceptions, such as Playboy sold many single shares as the investors want to frame the stock certificates.
4. Contrary to common sense, small investors do not mean anything. Scream all you want that NGC is going to BK tomorrow, and the $ would not change a bit. Big institutions control the price with some exceptions.
5. Sometimes a small investor can screw up the stock $. One often used tactic is to purchase last-second stocks. As an example, if I buy 1 share of NGC at $180 during the very last second while the trading $ is $150, the closing $ on that day is $180. This tactic is often used along with option trading. This is an old idea and the big boards may have came up with rules.
But BOBO already tried very hard to crash the USD. He printed $7T funny money. Why China want to hold $4T of wet firewood is beyond my understanding. I would have invest in US unpolluted farmland to produce grain that Chinese need desperately. Even Detroit real estate would yield a better return.
BO expressed regrets that Sony Pictures did not speak with him prior to canceling the scheduled release of "The Interview." Obama fired verbal shots over the brow of North Korea and dictator Kim Jong Un while vowing to respond appropriately to the infiltration of the movie studio and the retraction of the satirical film.
The obvious retaliation is cyber-attack NK facilities, but I am not aware of anything they have that worths hacking.
A number of police departments, including LAPD, are getting new cameras that can record everything the cop does and says. We paid $150M for 800 units, or $1800 each.
What can these cameras do that a $50 smart phone cannot?
I compared the performance of the 3 IO companies. Investors receive 12% gain by holding onto VALE, far below DOW and spider.
Remember when GM went BK, many small suppliers went belly up? They trusted GM and believed that it was TBTF.
Since the end of the Civil War, USA has been the biggest economy entity. Every country trusts US$ and believes that USA is TBTF. Enters BOBO.
I had an African American secretary. Contrary to all the labels and having a happy face all the time, she is one of the best workers.
Why should we care? Let us keep discriminating all the Chinese Americans for the acts of a few individuals. If we cannot better them in universities, at least we can fake better than them. Good enough for government works.
I see that everybody is attacking McCall because he switched to strong sell. How about everybody put down in writing their prediction of VALE stock price at the end of Jan 5, 2015? My guess is $7.
What do you mean by "we should get some for BO"? After attending the APEC, BOBO discussed with the X-man and Capt. P. He made the executive decision to increase USA population by 1.5%.
You hit the nail right on the head. On 1 hand, we want better, faster and cheaper. On the other hand, we do not want to hire Russian and Chinese Americans.
The Orion project is $10B just to build a capsule. The entire China Lunar project is $1B.
If "repairable skin" means in-flight self-curing of minor damage(s), it can be accomplished easily with honeycomb. If "repairable skin" means usage of robotic or 3D printing to cure minor damages, the technologies need some development. The big question is the cost and weight. We should develop disposable fighter jets that are cheaper than the hostile incoming missiles.