Fri, Sep 19, 2014, 2:55 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 6 hrs 35 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Message Board

me2yousee 210 posts  |  Last Activity: 11 hours ago Member since: Feb 25, 2012
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • In addition to the triple witch, we get index rebalancing tomorrow too.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    news...

    by huskys4u2 14 hours ago
    me2yousee me2yousee 14 hours ago Flag

    Man, the way this news produced such a violent market reaction, if we get FDA approval for " P " before this BABA fiasco, .... we could drop $2.00. :)

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    22,500 in the First Half Hour ! ! !

    by me2yousee 16 hours ago
    me2yousee me2yousee 16 hours ago Flag

    Yea, that was my point. And after the end of Sept, some institutions are going to want back in. Where does the stock come from to do that? Not my problem :)

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Is this a new record low or what? Boy the Ebola hype is running rampant huh? :)

    It aught to make holding the $11 for tomorrow's close a little easier if nobody plays.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    When Will WRES Quit Going Down?

    by me2yousee 19 hours ago
    me2yousee me2yousee 18 hours ago Flag

    Another thing I noticed is that 2 of the 4 analysts that follow the company dropped their rating from buy to hold. (Thompson / Reuters ) Since their logic basically is going on old data + the new debt, it is obvious that they have received no updates from the company either.

    WRES really needs to work on their communication protocols and do some dog and pony shows. Just 4 analysts is embarrassing.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Yesterday, we saw continued institutional selling. My guess is that some funds bought into WRES to get the beta gain and now have to have it off the books by months end. A bank or housing fund can't own anything outside of their sector. The XLE is about to trigger a buy signal from it's MACD turn. That in turn will change the environment for everyone as the small caps eventually get drug along. The market has moved to new highs leaving the energy companies in a "value" situation.

    Once psychology has changed (the fear of $10 oil has disappeared) then I expect next month for institutions to return and dips to be bought as it will be the only time it can be accumulated without moving the stock heavily. Think early Nov.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    4430 value, 10 year contract?

    by maphere Jun 30, 2014 2:33 PM
    me2yousee me2yousee Sep 17, 2014 2:58 PM Flag

    I really want them to be able to get on to "paying" business like the 2b study. The lack of information, both from the FDA and BCRX, has been a confidence shaker for institutions that want to see progress to justify the current price levels.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • All we need is another bio comment from Janet and everything heads south.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Watch for the Man with the Brief Case

    by me2yousee Sep 16, 2014 8:41 AM
    me2yousee me2yousee Sep 17, 2014 8:12 AM Flag

    Well, I never did. But then again, there wasn't the attention that there is now. The point is, this is "data" around the FDA.

    Sure is quiet from them don't you think. Nothing on anything for any company in a "crisis" situation. You would think that they would have daily updates af everything they have done for the day. Ahhhhhh, scratch that.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    *** ME2YOUSEE SAYS BCRX IS @ $ 10 ***

    by howardchin1951 Sep 17, 2014 12:45 AM
    me2yousee me2yousee Sep 17, 2014 6:57 AM Flag

    When on a trip and one airport is passed, it is wise to know where the next one will be should you need to land.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    thank you, thank you, thank you...

    by huskys4u2 Sep 16, 2014 11:06 AM
    me2yousee me2yousee Sep 16, 2014 1:02 PM Flag

    I agree some and disagree with other points.

    I think that there are "potential" offers in waiting but nothing ever proposed. There is one problem for assigning value and two trigger events for determining the value of any offer to be made. The problem is one of BABU. He hates managements and change and will likely shoot off on his own should any offer be made. 4161 is one value, but there is a BCRX value with and WITHOUT Babu. One value is significantly higher than the other.

    Then nobody is going to buy period if they can't get anything THROUGH the FDA thanks to that bravado. So we need orphan status for 4161 and or approval of P to prove we have kissed and made up before any company thinks they will get their monies worth on any offer should they make one.

    The posts I make here are to .... more intelligent .... conversationalists and are to stimulate idea generation for issues I miss or misdiagnosis. FYI: I do care where things are going overall. I mean, why buy at $11 if you can buy more at $10? Which is my next buy point now that $11.50 broke.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    thank you, thank you, thank you...

    by huskys4u2 Sep 16, 2014 11:06 AM
    me2yousee me2yousee Sep 16, 2014 11:33 AM Flag

    If you look at the IPO, that is going to drain 25 billion right off the top. The speculation is that the stock could double which takes out another 25 billion plus. Approximately 80% of funds are behind their indexes that they are compared to, so they really, really, really, need this pop to get whole.

    It isn't just us, fully 86% of tech in the NASDAQ 1000 are in bear market territory now. My "guess" is the consensus is that the funds that have been exiting ALL biotech believe that they have time to get back into BCRX because they believe the FDA is tied up with Ebola and everything else ( there is more drugs due than just our stuff which is what drove the sector up) is going to be on hold.

    If this is true, then I figure the dumping continues until BABA trading opens and we see a top which could really be awhile. There has to be news that raises the risk / reward above BABA before we see much of anything coming back.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Cold Wet Winter, would be wonderful?

    by arobin2012 Sep 14, 2014 9:26 PM
    me2yousee me2yousee Sep 16, 2014 9:12 AM Flag

    Thanks. I appreciate the info. But I am not going to move the price needle much now.

    Then the question needs to be asked, why aren't institutions finding this information important enough to continue to hold? Or more to buy in? I know the EBIDA figure of 3X is a negative. Normally, 2.5X is considered high for an oil E&P. For gas E&Ps, it is slightly lower because of the return. I don't know this multiple though.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • 3000 troops. I wonder BCRX has opened their account with the 1st National Bank of Botswana of the Camines?

    Somebody will show BCRX how much it costs to make 4430 in the method they are using it and the profit margin they will be paid. Then the account simply starts receiving money. This will continue until the civilian system catches up to where the procurement moves above board.

    Coarse, we will never know this because it won't be reported, the bottles will have no labeling for troops to read, but mysteriously, the known cash burn rate will just start to drop for some unknown period of time.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    The Way the $NBI Trading

    by me2yousee Sep 15, 2014 9:57 AM
    me2yousee me2yousee Sep 15, 2014 1:05 PM Flag

    Ahhhhh, the market is sure going to think so when this comes out. And at a time when investors pulled 5% out of mutual funds for the last week. ( It's September you know ) :)

    This was why I thought that it was going to take longer for the $NBI / market to recover. And if the IPO works, then individuals will begin to sell and try to ride the wave. So the market could get much worse before it gets better. Think of this IPO as if it were 20 IPOs coming to market all at the same time.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Looks like every institution wants out at the same time. Probably to close out and raise money for the Aibaba IPO which is why they are raising the offering.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Cold Wet Winter, would be wonderful?

    by arobin2012 Sep 14, 2014 9:26 PM
    me2yousee me2yousee Sep 15, 2014 9:12 AM Flag

    You need institutional volume to dramatically move a stock. And right now there are just too many unanswered questions that the company has said "trust us".

    Just what does "highly accretive to earnings mean? We got no guidance for next quarter. What's the PV10 now? And nothing. So without answers to those and more questions, it is going to take time or a presentation set of slides for folks to get answers. That was a H U G E percentage of debt for a company this size and the market needs to know that they didn't over pay.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • 10 Liberian politicians were fired for extended overseas missions that didn't exist. That gives you an idea of what they think, not only of their current situation, but trust in "the system" of support aid.

    Now the President is thinking of sending in military medical units. Ever wonder why this hasn't happened already?

    If he does, this will be a good sign that they can be protected. It will fall under USAMRIID to protect them and that bypasses all the hoopla. We will see how much 4430 they have manufactured and how they think it works best; either as an injection, a serum, an inhalant or a pill by what the troops get. And exactly when they get it. ( before or after )

    On the flip side, if he doesn't, then that tells me they aren't ready yet for what ever the hold up is. (it doesn't work, side effects, behind on manufacturing, whatever )

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Strong Stock Chart Considering

    by me2yousee Sep 13, 2014 10:33 AM
    me2yousee me2yousee Sep 14, 2014 8:09 AM Flag

    Common Husk, you know they got more in those dark pools to pull out. :)

    Sentiment: Buy

  • I'm kinda impressed. During the last MACD down cycle, the down portion was too quick so the up cycle ran out of gas prematurely. We were only down about 2 1/2 weeks before turning. This run looks like that, assuming the Sept 12s are the target for Friday's options expiration, that we will have at least a nice 4 week downer before turning the next wave up into what has been a historically better time period for bios in general. What is kind of remarkable here is that we broke a 14 month up trend and the stock has held price fairly well so far. But ...........

    BCRX's MACD cycles have been leading the $NBI index for the last couple of cycles. ( HAE news I suppose ) And that index still looks like it has another 2 to 4 weeks of work ahead of it. So how we fight the tape will determine if we stay ahead of the index or fall back into line with it. ( $11.50 holds ) Minus news, I can't see this low volume pushing us to new highs if the index isn't with us. Could you imagine what price BCRX could have achieved with 5 million shares a day volume like ARWR or ACHN have had for the past 30 days?

    It's coming.

    Sentiment: Buy

MHR
6.02-0.36(-5.64%)Sep 18 4:01 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Oracle Corporation
NYSEThu, Sep 18, 2014 4:04 PM EDT
Concur Technologies, Inc.
NasdaqGSThu, Sep 18, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Rite Aid Corporation
NYSEThu, Sep 18, 2014 4:02 PM EDT