I try to avoid the fundamental commentary on these issues because I am out of my league on the science. But my last duty station was Ft Detrick, and I can tell you that 4430 is a block buster if it pans out. This virus area absolutely terrifies the DOD and has been a focal point for 2 decades now. ( remember the movie "Outbreak ")
So any positive testing will start a stock pile action that folks won't believe cause it's that big.
I bought again here at the 50 day level, but figure that this area fails. Then momno to the downside walks it into the upper 9s before they let it breathe.
If it bounces here, watch out. They may have to close it out at the 12 1/2s.
One never knows how much communication transpires before one of these conferences. I suspect that communication was interesting enough for Weil to issue that opinion and offer the invite.
It was inevitable or not. Hard read here as easy as it was to get extended. But when somebody big wanted out, they stuck it to him. This guy wants out before the EOM and he isn't finished. That is going to dominate trading here until he is and he will have to shift his pattern around so that one day it looks like it's all clear and then we get another crash and maybe he turns it into a blow it out day.
Bottom line is that I am staying light until I see that or next month comes around even if I have to pay more. Momo is / has taken a hit. While this can be a good investment next year, will the market be by then?
Based upon the market, I always have investment money and play money. When you get a market long in the tooth, it is best to increase the trading percentages. Buy hold only after a crash.
You'll be OK, but it's gonna take time. And if you are real long, you really shouldn't be here. These boards can be great for information but they make you do dumb stuff sometimes.
I bought the rapid decline this morning and then decided to sell just a minute ago and take my gift. I figure that they want to close this out + / - .20 of $5 for the options tomorrow.
The question becomes, what happens after that support is off Monday? The rest of the E&Ps are having a hard time all week, so ....................., so I sold. I'm a coward, there I admit it.
China falling into the sea. World ends tomorrow.
Translation: It's triple witcher. After that is up, I look for stabilization, but until then, it's easier to control stock prices in a decline. I'm still looking for BCRX to close at 10.37 or less tomorrow, so my 10.25 buy might still work.
Take advantage of what is given. :)
That move yesterday was institutional and it drug along individuals that overbought into a low volume stock with short term aspirations. It dropped until another institution decided to support it at the $6.00 level. This morning was the OMG panic from the folks that were at work yesterday as the panicked out which is why I bought.
So from an individual basis, who's left to sell without bad news? The institutional side is going to be what it is if the selling isn't over. I expect new institutions to pick up after this EOQ window dressing. There is no need for any new institutions to show a $6 stock for that purpose. So April should be a good month.
But price jumps should become larger in percentage too. All aboard!
I doubt that you are going to see the %.50 level now unless the institution isn't finished selling. So buying size is going to be tough. I picked up a little more this morning which eliminates my 3.80 point, so we will see.
My buys are 6, 5.80, and then 5.51. You have to scale into these unless you are only after say 2k shares. Then you have the flexibility to wait. So if you want more, you have to step in front of the train and take your lumps.
I figure that they try to close out the options within .50 cents of 10, then it should be all clear for the index next week.
I wanted to see the news to see if I want to come back and the jury is still out on that. But I read the negatives about the communication coming out of the company and I now think that they way it is being handled is the only way. I think they see options that look better at different pricing forecasts. Now if management were to communicate and put out all the what ifs' they would be looked at as indecisive. Darned if you do, darned ..................... type of thing.
I see positives here and then warts. These companies all have them so it is just a matter of sticking with where you want to be. These things are as much real-estate companies as E&Ps and it simply takes time to see the value. Now TMS is all the buzz. 6 months ago it was the Permian. Location, location, location
Glad you guys are happy. We all know how miserable dtj can be if a battery runs low on his calculator. So the less crunching the better and that's a happy guy. (for now) :)