go to ClinicalTrials.gov and use identifier: NCT00045968
it's pretty clear you don't accept that tumors can grow if a treatment is working
but the facts are that everything to date is showing patients living longer
so, can you please give us a break and give it a rest
they certainly predicted and expected a big pull back, and have tried their best to facilitate it but to no avail
each of the catalysts that longs are waiting on have explosive power, and the large short position will just add fuel to the fire
i heard Q3 which would be early 2016 but that would require FDA to give relatively quick approval -- and that is entirely possible if they have cleared everything except for the efficacy phase III results which should be very straightforward given that they will be based on the subjective conclusions of the patients
he said both of the small phase III trials are done, and that the remaining one will be done in 6-8 weeks -- supposedly(?) Hakim will then submit the results to FDA to see if FDA wants anything else before Hakim submits the whole package for approval
and for those interested in the generic side of the business, gross profit was up 45% for the full year -- haven't bothered to calculate what it was for the 4th qtr because not much interested in the generics
said it is still a best buy
the $2.6 million is the figure shown in the table but it only shows 3,500 puts which means the average price would be $740 per put -- doesn't sound right but i remember some time back seeing a whole lot of deep-in-the-money puts being traded, and wondered who in the world would be interested in paying a premium for so many expensive puts
suspect it is some sort of short strategy, but don't know how they put together the two sides of a trade like that -- the two sides must know each other and are doing it for mutual benefit but how does it help a short
bought a bunch of Jan 2016 7's and 2017 10's for the longer term, and as many April 5 calls as money allowed for the short term
so it looks like we were all getting more aggressive when the price was down
let's hope the shorts aren't feeling the same now that the price is up
amazing percentage that should improve in phase II when they use only Method B, increase the dosage, and inject multiple tumors
still not clear whether Northwest has the green light to simply move on to phase II with those adjustments or if they have to wait for FDA to approve
in the meantime, the final phase I results could be ground shaking and, as of when Dr. Bosch was preparing the ASCO presentation, those results were just waiting for data from 4 of the 39 evaluable participants after which new final results for all participants will be available...
"Four patients are still in the process of completing the study visits, and data collection is ongoing on all of the patients."
not sure that NWBO is going to another index but last May 29th we were at $6.20 and this May 29th we were at $8.40 with quite a few more shares outstanding, so the market cap has increased quite a bit
if the market cap has grown enough then NWBO might be moved to an index (what will be the cut off for the Russell 1000?) that will require more funds to buy
thought it would be hard to find, but it wasn't...
BETHESDA, Md., June 16, 2014 – Northwest Biotherapeutics (NASDAQ: NWBO) (NW Bio), a biotechnology company developing DCVax® personalized immune therapies for solid tumor cancers, announced today that it has been added to two prestigious Russell Indexes: the Russell Global and the Russell 3,000 Indexes. The preliminary announcement was made on Saturday, June 14, 2014, and becomes effective on June 27, 2014.
it is good to be getting more hospitals involved and up to speed for commercialization, but it is frustrating to see that the trial is still not fully enrolled
if this trial is not stopped for efficacy at the first interim analysis, and it turns out that results from these latest recruits are actually needed, this trial can drag on for a long time
Dr. Bosch didn't give a time frame at ASCO but he had data on just about all the participants
suspect they have already completed data collection and are now doing the analysis
okay, but if larry smith is right about BMY wanting to do a trial using the Direct vaccine it seems this stock would be in the 40's overnight
anybody fooling around with trying to get a point advantage at these prices could be left behind
i know i would not sleep well being out of Northwest, and i would be miserable forever if i missed out on a BMY run or any of the other potent catalysts
maybe those tools are useful for trading in and out of an ongoing business, but when dealing with Northwest and all the multiple catalysts ready to happen it just seems the best and only strategy is to buy and hold until these events come to pass
also, there is a very real possibility of the phase III being stopped for efficacy at the first interim analysis
a number of catalysts coming -- cataclysmic catalysts for anyone shorting Northwest