"The OCRX formula is ornithine phenylacetate and not aspartate."
Phenylacetate and aspartate are merely salts use to manufacture the drug so they are basically the same. In fairness, the article clearly says that Ornithine works in HE so this somehow derisk your investment. Good luck.
You have to subscribe to it. It's a collection of medical information on current practice in medicine. Most medical professionals subscribe to it.
"...the NIH results are coming up fairly soon too".
Don't keep your hopes too high. I just read in UptoDate that Ornithine is not Effective in treating HE in the setting of Acute Liver Failure.
"These data suggest that in patients with mild hepatic encephalopathy and cirrhosis, ornithine-aspartate may be more effective than placebo, but further studies are needed. Ornithine-aspartate has not been compared directly with lactulose or lactitol in randomized trials, and experience in patients with more severe hepatic encephalopathy is limited. Ornithine-aspartate does not appear to be effective for patients with hepatic encephalopathy in the setting of acute liver failure".
"Further follow-up indicates that the response rate and overall survival of these patients continued to increase. To date, 12 patients have been on study for more than six months, including five who have surpassed one year. "
It will eventually. There is a lot of optimism surrounding Ganetespib. But wait until they announce the offering price before you add or start a position.
It seems like the myelopsuppresion is a temporary side effect but the investigators got scared and it resulted to patients being dropped from the study. If they know the timeframe of recovery from myelosuppression based on the pilot study then they can use that information in designing the Phase3 for front line MDS. For instance, if the wbc is expected to recover in 2 weeks, then the investigators should not be too quick in dropping out the patients.
You still think it will go up next week? It seems like I might have another opportunity to reenter at a much lower price.
I will have to decide whether to restart a position base on DMC recommendations. 4 days left before Q1 ends. Tick, tock, tick, tock...
You could also look at it the other way. That's one less tutes that's going to dump on us retails. In other words, less sellers now that they sold out.