Keep posting Fezz, nice to get in depth knowledge from someone with a positive view of the company. Disregard the bashers, even the secondary institutional investors that recently bought in a $13 didn't see this coming. I myself bought more today at $7.68 and really averaged down my break even prices. Looking back, I should have sold into the run to $18.
They really didn't say anything. Sad to see Mr. Douglass take three tries at pronouncing "thromboembolic" like its a new word in his vocabulary and then give a generalized and inaccurate definition. Also, if he followed HALO he would know how to say "Peg - PH20" rather than try and read the letters one at a time, make a mistake, and then say "well its a lot of letters." Poor preparation makes for a poor presentation.
i am not going to tender my shares - finally the lawsuits have been filed. they can have my shares at $11+
from May 16th dilution:
Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYCC) (Nasdaq: CYCCP) (Cyclacel or the Company), today announced the pricing of the underwritten offering of 6,666,667 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $3.00 per share.
and if you wonder why she says $10:
This offering is expected to close on May 21, 2013, subject to customary closing conditions.
JMP Securities LLC is acting as the sole book-running manager and Janney Montgomery Scott LLC is acting as co-manager for this offering.
I'm thinking of buying and doing my DD. Getting out of ASTX after 4 years since the buyout. need to do something with the money. is it really worth $10?
i sold 30% of holdings. looks like the buyer may be paying over $8.50 / share on the open market to gain 50% of outstanding. I'll hold for now. worst I could do is $8.50. If the deal falls through we go & stay up in the $9's. (just like bucket said - not)
Otsuka is behind Abilify, they are making tons of $$ of depressed people. they can pay more or someone else will. haven't seen this type of opposition to a buyout in a long while
eisai had the first right to make an offer on SGI-110. I wonder how that fits into all this?
bucket called us all pumpers and it looks like this turkey plumped up nicely
i called him out on $9 before $4, glad I was right
yes, but insiders only own 6%. in fact, Manuso usually sells shares when options vest, so alone, the board does not have the power to sell. Insiders own 6%, institutions hold 45% and that leaves us with the other 49%. this will have to go to a vote.
we are up 30%+ in last 14 trading days. how come the bucket of s%&* of brains forgot to predict the bounce and tells us all to buy. he left so much on the table. what a dolt
Buckethead, you should be done here. Up days you are nowhere to be seen, down days you don't shut up. Like I said, we bounce around in the $5's while shareholders consolidate, then on to the next move, which I think will be up.
Where is your next long or short entry point?
Like I said, we top $6.80 before we break $4, Agree? Y or N
Like ASTX has said before, if a patient achieves 10% demethylation, then SGI-110 works great. I'm not a medical doctor so I don't know how long it takes to see if a patient achieves 10%, but if there is a way, then I'm sure they can focus on treating that segment of the patient population. Does anyone on the board know the process for determining a prospective patient's demethylation level?
As buckethead says, the 10% population. I'll bet they consider that.
As for the meetings with management, as SGI-110 ph II progresses, its time to start talking with suitors about having someone else pay for ph III. If that happens, we get a big chunk of money up front (over $50mil), lessen the burn to a range where we remain profitable off Dacogen as EU sales ramp up and offset any potential generic dilution, and see milestones at each juncture of the ph III.
Check the market pulse section. chartists were saying short as soon as we hit $6.12. Reiterated all the way up to $7. Nothing goes straight up and they knew it.
Right now there is a big consolidation in the $5 range, up and down, but still somewhere in the $5's. If we go into the $4's, we will see buying, if we head into the $6's, we will see selling.
Stop missing the mark, then patting yourself on the back and saying close enough. The flow is currently south for the share price. Pick the bottom bucketshot? Otherwise, quit buzzing around like a mosquito and pointing out the obvious. Everyone knows we are retracing from our huge fast run up. It will end.
Down 26% from what, the 52 week high? Who here was smart enough to know when this started running at sub $3 where it would top out? The bears started saying "sell, sell, sell" just after $6. So if you sold then, you have to recalculate your %. Quit acting like you can call the absolute top, then the next retracement, then the next top. You sold out of a short position last week at a share price higher than this. boo hoo, you left something on the table. oh, close enough.
so tell me carnac, where is the bottom and then the next top?
there are a handful of technical chart measuring sites that are usually pretty close.
so the lowest this might go, unless there is a trial failure, is $4.50, then the charts say technically we change directions and start moving back up.
You just got on a decline, and just like SUPG did after every spike, we give back a lot of the gain then start moving higher.
I say we end the year above $6 and chances of $7 are pretty good if we get any positive Ph III data, milestones, lack of generic (did you hear the Q&A after the conf. call for Dr. Reddy's saying their biosimilar program is having delay issues, neither Dacogen, Vidaza or decitabine were mentioned by name if I recall, transcript on seeking alpha)?
Bucket, the writing on the wall is near. The takedown is almost over. Time to get out of the way of the next run.
You and Jimmy Cramer were big on the news that short interest was up, what do you have to say now?
got my info at shortsqueeze website
I think the company has been clear that if they see 10% demethylation, SGI-110 seems quite effective. The question is, how hard is it to find out if a potential patient can achieve this threshold?
There isn't going to be a lot of news coming out anytime soon so you, me and anyone with a brain can see relative weakness until the third quarter. That said, we will see a run up in anticipation of the news later this year on Ph III.
Day traders need to worry about milestone announcements causing a spike. We may retrace all the way down to $4.50 but I believe we will also retest $7 by the end of the year.
Hey bucket, see the "currently enrolling treatment naive MDS patients?" that means your squack about SGI-110 only being a second line treatment is a bucket full of it. Now I guess you'll say I made up the abstract. Or maybe you will argue that "treatment naive" doesn't mean "first line." Either way, I don't think anyone will believe you.
They have shown that SGI-110 is effective when both Vidaza and Dacogen fail, now with the treatment naive/first line MDS Ph II, ASTX will show SGI-110 is better than both on first line. Can't wait to hear the "Updated results from Phase 2 will be presented."
The information above is a portion of the abstract. go the the European Hematology Association website, click on Abstract Program, and search for SGI-110.
Marrow CRs were reported in 2 of 8 patients who demonstrated LINE1 demethylation ≥ 10%. Currently the trial is enrolling treatment naïve MDS patients in the Phase 2 Dose Expansion Segment randomized to either 60 or 90 mg/m2 QDx5. Updated results from the Phase 2 will be presented.
Results: Fifteen patients with Intermediate-1 (3), Intermediate-2 (5), High Risk (6) MDS and 1 with CMML, … were enrolled. All patients enrolled (100%) had prior treatment with decitabine and/or azacitidine; 87% had prior azacitidine, 53% had prior decitabine, and 40% had both azacitidine and decitabine as prior treatment2Responses were observed in 5 patients for an overall response rate of 33% with reported response duration of 28–224 days. Details of each of the 5 responders are shown in Table 1. The median bone marrow blast count at baseline for the responders was 16.5% while the non-responders were 5%. Median LINE1 demethylation in responders showed a decrease by -19.3% compared to -12.0% in non-responders.